My car in GM High Tech Magazine

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
I was just sitting at our booth at the Buick GS nationals when two guy's asked me some questions about my car. After talking to them for about 20 minutes the young guy looked at me and said "I'm from GM High Tech Performance magazine and we would like to do a full story on your car, would you be able to do the photo shoot tonight?" I was floored and slowley replied "Sure, what time?" so he said 5:30 and I gathered my budies up and told them so we put everything up and they headed off to Dinner & margarita's while I started to clean the dust off the car..

We went to an awesome spot just leaving the track the first road on the right GARVIN RD. and there we shot the whole shoot. The sun was perfect, the tree colors were perfect and the pic's turned out spectacular!!

Afterwards I asked him how big this will be and he replied "about 4-7 pages" I still to this day can't believe it that they picked MY car out of all those cars that were at BG this year...

He did tell me they are working on a "Handling" segment so that would explain why he asked me if I used it on the Autocross/roadcourse..

Can't wait for it to come out, He said anywhere from 3mo to a year but who cares, I waited 43 years for this to happen whats 3mo to a year? LOL

I will deffinetly post back here when I know more about what issue it will be in.

Scot W.

Awesome:cool: Musta been something they really liked about your car out of all of those. Or consider that they talked to you for a while before the reveal, if you would been a jerk, likely they never would of mentioned GMHTP!

Alan

Congrats man! Can't wait for it to come out! Every car guys dream come true to have their car featured in a magazine. Great job and awesome TR!;)

hell ya man, i could only wish they would have my car in the mag.

Way to go Scot! Nothing like having your car in a magazine.:)

Waiting for it to show up in the magazine is the hardest part. I had my 66 Chevelle shot for HOT ROD magazine back in 1990 at the Hot Rod Supernationals in Ohio by long time HOT ROD photographer Gray Baskerville (RIP). I sent a letter to him when I got back from the event thanking him for shooting my car and invited him to look me up if he ever came out to the east coast as I knew a lot of people with cars worthy of being in HOT ROD.

Actually heard back from him and lined up about 8 cars for a shoot. All the cars shot got in the magazine before mine! Waited 18 months for the Chevelle to appear in the magazine but got a full two page color feature. One of my proudest moments of being a gearhead.:)

Congratulations Scot W

The antipication until it comes out is SLOOOOOOOOOOO, like driving a 15 second GN down the qtr mile track after driving a 9 second qtr mile car down the track... you might need some no dose at the starting line or waiting....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is picture of Justin from GMHTP, next to Jim Carswell, Race Director and Bennet Jones in background

I HAVE LOTS of PICS to share....
This year I can share all my pics, in the past I had to hold onto my best pics for media.... GS Xtra will be publishing In-Color article with lots of pics...

Attachments

• GS_NATS_2010 975.jpg
    GS_NATS_2010 975.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 554
I had my dream come true when I was approached by GMHTP to cover GS Nationals as Author/Photographer and published...

Author/Photographer: GS Nationals 2008 - featured GMHTP January 2009
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ark/index.html

I look forward to the article and seeing it up on the wall
THAT WILL BE THE FINAL TOUCH for your Xray Project...

How will you ever top that!!!!

Build a new car!!!!

The antipication until it comes out is SLOOOOOOOOOOO, like driving a 15 second GN down the qtr mile track after driving a 9 second qtr mile car down the track... you might need some no dose at the starting line or waiting....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is picture of Justin from GMHTP, next to Jim Carswell, Race Director and Bennet Jones in background

I HAVE LOTS of PICS to share....
This year I can share all my pics, in the past I had to hold onto my best pics for media.... GS Xtra will be publishing In-Color article with lots of pics...
Yep that's him! Very cool guy, we had lots of laughs while shooting the car..

Scot W.

How will you ever top that!!!!

Build a new car!!!!
Brett,

I have a Bunch of ideas in my mind and all I do is save the for the next car, there is now doubt I will top this one in the future but this one for sure will be handed down to one of my sons.

Scot W.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! It was really a cool moment that I will never forget.

Scot W.

Awesome and well deserved!

I'm sure, judging by the pics that I've seen from this event, that he may have gotten some material for many future issues to come.

Seriously do NOT take my pic that close up, lol

Hey Scot

How do you like this pic...
kinda like a driver for NASCAR...

hey mister... can I get your autograph... hehe

Attachments

• DSC04742.jpg
    DSC04742.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 528
Hey Scot

How do you like this pic...
kinda like a driver for NASCAR...

hey mister... can I get your autograph... hehe

My Gosh dont do that this early in the morning :eek::eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations Scot, you must have been on cloud 9 my friend!

My Gosh dont do that this early in the morning :eek::eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations Scot, you must have been on cloud 9 my friend!
I agree, Dayam! lol

Yeah I was and now can't wait to see the whole write up, i'm sure I will be all over again once it's done....

Scot W.