My car finally tried to kill me today-

Yes we are, and you are special. We all don't have the high falutin system you have.

Most just use stock type systems and all have there own fail characteristics.

I'm waiting for the day I fail and can only give my wife a pump or two and then fail. Hoping that I can go another 200,000 miles o_O I mean sessions before that happens.

Thank y"all for your input as it is appreciated. I can definitely see the pros and cons of both. I know my DD's have vacuum,( and my GN motor runs great ) so the engine stalling I don't think would be an issue , but thank you for noting it. Since I don't plan on racing the car ( aka building boost when stopped) , and the install seems pretty straightforward and uncomplicated , I'm leaning toward vacuum. I like the idea of a redundant check valve , too. Thanks for that excellent idea.

Even though my stocker only has 32k cared-for miles on her, I'm thinking about the brakes working every time I drive it. I'd rather be cruising , enjoying the company of the LittleRedHead and listening to ZZ top or CCR thinking about how much I like her company and that particular song. Thanks again.

View attachment 281944 View attachment 281943 View attachment 281942

Sure looks sexy instead of some big turd on the firewall.

Dayyuuuumm and shiat!!! Holy smokes dude that thing is sexy as hell! Wow!! That thing is fine! Very, very nice!!

As soon as my car awoke (from its 8-9 year hiatus) the power master took a dump on me. So I converted it to hydro and I have no complaints whatsoever! However, after seeing those pics I'd be totally embarrassed (like a fat girl getting naked embarrassed) to show mine! Wow! Very, very nice!!

And not that I would know how embarrassed a fat girl getting naked feels? But, it sure sounded right at the time! Nice set up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, seems like a neverending "what exhaust is best for my car" thread. All this from my car trying to kill me. Gotta admit, that hydroboost looks damn good...

With that being said, any of you guys that converted to vacuum brakes had any issues or regret doing it? My GN is stock...
For ease of conversion, I sure would like to go vacuum. But if vacuum is going to cause me headaches I would probably go hydro.....

Any advice?
Vacuum on my gn works great haven't had any issues with it. There should be check valves should keep the lines from blowing off

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

For all those who think you can't build boost well with vacuum brakes, here's 17psi on the foot brake for you.

For all those who think you can't build boost well with vacuum brakes, here's 17psi on the foot brake for you.

I don't believe it. You were on the dyno or something :D

Send us a pic of your line lock or trans brake...:wtf:

I've had vacuum brakes for about 18 years now. Used all new GM parts back then. Sold my PM before it failed and the car had less than 10,000 miles when I did it. Had a friend with a low mile car almost lose it when the PM crapped out and that was enough for me to convert. Simple setup, reliable and can build 12 lbs of boost with them and probably more if I want with no creep. I do have SSB calipers on the front and the rear drums are 11" since my GN has Ford 9" in it. Hydro to me just seems to add more complications to the equation. More sources of leaks, harder access to spark plugs, etc.

That is precisely why I really want to go vacuum, a little less expensive and appears much less complicated. But I must say, that hydro boost in this thread looks like a true work of art !

G-Body parts vacuum conversion kit, S-10 cylinders, big shoes. No trans brake, sir. That pic was in my garage; i let off just as it began to break loose.

Does anyone know if master cylinders are interchangeable. I want to install a neat metal one...if so, what size do i want?

Dude.... that is a loaded question TIMES TWO.

Seriously, don;t deviate from the norm without a basic understanding of hydraulics. Experimenting are fun, but not when it comes to brakes!.

Check out the turnkey kit made by Tallon Hydraulics. Pricey but looks good and not too large.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk