My build. Am I missing anything vital?

Well first time poster long time reader. I own a 87T T-Tops current mods are as listed.

Walbro 340
Fuel pressure regulator
Hotwire kit
Generic 3 inch downpipe
Rjc boost controller
Rjc powerplate
Hooker dual 2.5 exhaust
Tt chip
Scanmaster
36 lb injectors
Timing chain replaced
New upper and lower front control arms+ bushings+ ball joints
Fuel pressure gauge, boost, a/f ratio, oil pressure, temp, and voltmeter gauge.
Under hood bracing, rear seat bracing
Cold air intake
Maf and translator
Everything else is stock (for now)

I've been buying parts here and there and they're just piling up in Florida.

Here's the list of parts that will be installed at that time.

Pt-51
Vigilante 3200 stall
60 lb injectors
Comp 980s
Rebuilt tranny with some billet parts
Msd wires
Rear stock replacement moog springs
Rear bilstein shocks
Box the lower control arms
Replace rear control arm bushings
275/60-15 mickey Thompson et street radial
TT chip
27 tooth Speedo driven gear
Jeep steering shaft

Am I missing any supporting mods?
Thanks

Last edited:
I don't see a ScanMaster or Power Logger? EIther one (or both) will do, but this should be near the top of your list, or you will have no way of knowing or monitoring the state of your tune other than by "seat of the pants" which is like driving blind.

How about an adjustable waste gate actuator too?

That's quite a laundry list of parts you got there :) and they seem pretty well thought out (although there may be better turbo options besides the PT51 but thats debatable). My 2 cents worth is an obvious one but one that is often overlooked when blinded by shiny new parts: Make sure your car is running right before you start throwing more parts at it.

Turbo choices are always debatable. ;)

But I really don't see the need to wrap the downpipe.

Thanks for all the replies guys! My dad bought a motor with only 15xxx miles on it and it came with the injectors, converter, and turbo. I just don't have the extra cash to get something different. The exhaust wrap is to try to lower the underhood temps. And keep heat in the dp to aid in faster spool up. I've put a lot of thought and even more research into this. I just hope things go smoothly. My latest idea is the stock ic. Either want a dutt neck or a stretched. Funds are tight so ill have to just wait for a used to possibly pop up. I would do the dutt neck myself but no welding tools or experience.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Are you using the stock intake setup or a cold air kit? I'd recommend a maf upgrade and translator. HRpartsnstuff motor mounts too. It took me a little while to talk myself into buying them but no regrets and no more downpipe banging on the frame either.

I've got a Cold air kit. Maf and translator too. I've been debating the drivers side rjc engine mount. Just don't know how long the install takes. I've never done it before.

The exhaust wrap is to try to lower the underhood temps. And keep heat in the dp to aid in faster spool up.

It also aids in burning the car to the ground. But it does look 'racey'.

also, heat in the manifolds and ex housing are what is supposed to increase spool. When the exhaust hits the DP you're done extracting energy from it.

I've been debating the drivers side rjc engine mount. Just don't know how long the install takes. I've never done it before.

Those are the HRpartsnstuff motor mounts, sold by other vendors also. Took me a few hours to do both sides. Unless you're talking about the rjc rear engine brace?

So in your opinion earl, wrapping the downpipe has no advantages besides looks? My understanding was that as long as oil didn't get on the wrap I should be fine?

Those are the HRpartsnstuff motor mounts, sold by other vendors also. Took me a few hours to do both sides. Unless you're talking about the rjc rear engine brace?
Oh ok yeah I was just confused. I wasn't aware they were hnrs. Can you provide a short rundown on installing these?

I really do t mind about looks with this car. I plan to own a gn down the road and that's what my "looker" is going to be.

Oh ok yeah I was just confused. I wasn't aware they were hnrs. Can you provide a short rundown on installing these?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk[/quote

unbolt the left mount through the wheel well, remove it from underneath. Passenger side is kind of tricky. I somehow managed to get it out without taking the starter off. I still had the stock starter, and headers at that time. I might have unbolted the downpipe. I remember that it was tight, I didn't think it would come out, I walked away and came back 15 mins later and it came right out past the starter.

Wrapping the downpipe in order to keep heat in will have NOTHING to do with aiding spool up at all!!! And as far as underhood temps go, you're only going to affect those by a few degrees. Please forget wrapping the downpipe. A. It's ugly!!! B. it's a fire hazard.