My build. Am I missing anything vital?

Good thing I put that in the install list. I guess were all subject to some bad information from boards. I will not wrap it. Thanks for your input. Besides that how does the rest of the combo look?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

What's your current times? I can't see sigs on tapatalk. Ill have to look into that for sure.

So in your opinion earl, wrapping the downpipe has no advantages besides looks? My understanding was that as long as oil didn't get on the wrap I should be fine?

I think it looks like crap. Plus there is NO performance advantage and you WILL get oil in it.

OP: Just a quick reminder, make sure you keep the car insured to the hilt- whether collector insurance or not. When I was stationed overseas, I let the insurance lapse (since I wasn't driving it). Car was stolen and I lost everything. Just a heads up!

OP: Just a quick reminder, make sure you keep the car insured to the hilt- whether collector insurance or not. When I was stationed overseas, I let the insurance lapse (since I wasn't driving it). Car was stolen and I lost everything. Just a heads up!
thanks for the heads up! it will be insured for the duration of my pcs. also where were you stationed? what branch?

Ive been debating lately on what else i could be missing/need. should i start looking into intercoolers? i prefer to stay stock location but im also trying not to spend a fortune. ideas?
also what kind of gains am i going to see?

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up! it will be insured for the duration of my pcs. also where were you stationed? what branch?

South Korea- US Army.

BTW, in response to your buying spree I think I would get the car to running 100% in stockish form (ie: good fuel pump, hot wire, t-chain, the basics)... Stop buying stuff and start reading a bit. Check out the "10 second Rusty Bullet", and other such stories.. You can do a lot with a little and just getting the combo right. If you're going to be gone, maybe send it to one of the well-known tuners and let them get it set up for you. Then enjoy... Buying a ton of parts will not make you faster but, will make your wallet lighter.

Good luck with the deployment and the car!

South Korea- US Army.

BTW, in response to your buying spree I think I would get the car to running 100% in stockish form (ie: good fuel pump, hot wire, t-chain, the basics)... Stop buying stuff and start reading a bit. Check out the "10 second Rusty Bullet", and other such stories.. You can do a lot with a little and just getting the combo right. If you're going to be gone, maybe send it to one of the well-known tuners and let them get it set up for you. Then enjoy... Buying a ton of parts will not make you faster but, will make your wallet lighter.

Good luck with the deployment and the car!
thanks for the wishes! the car is running fine right now with all the basics needed to prolong the use of the car. ive stated everything already done to it. i have my dad which is seasoned in the cars helping me with all decisions and install. thanks for your concern. have a good one and thanks for your service.

I like adding new parts to my ride as well, but I jumped in head first when I first got my car and just added parts b4 getting it running properly. It was a nightmare to figure out why it ran like crap afterwords. It's much easier to add one part at a time and tune accordingly. I was amazed at how fast this car was with little additions. I wish I would have found the guys on this site b4 I did all of that. It was a valuable lesson though. Just take your time, tune and enjoy. And thankyou military guys!!

Thanks for the info and you're definitely right. But weve had this car for years and been getting it right since we got it. And don't thank us. Thank us by living you're life to the fullest because of what we do.

Good list of mods. I hope you have time to get it all put together and running right. You're bringing the car to the right place for tuning. Update me via PM if you don't mind. I know what it's like to deploy away from the states and how much you'll be thinking of your car. You'll have a million ideas when you get home. Put a few grand a year away and buy yourself that GN when you get back. Good luck to you bro and god bless.

I appreciate it man, ill let you know how things turn out! I'm going to miss the car for sure but she'll be in good hands.

Update!

Finally took the trans to my rebuilder.

Everything looked OK, looks like they used 1/2 of a full rebuild kit, some things were stock, some aftermarket. The stator is hardened, stock drum though. I don't know if I want to pony up ~$400 for the badass forward drum though.
Are the stock drums that bad? Trans guy is telling me I should replace it...

Update!

Finally took the trans to my rebuilder.

Everything looked OK, looks like they used 1/2 of a full rebuild kit, some things were stock, some aftermarket. The stator is hardened, stock drum though. I don't know if I want to pony up ~$400 for the badass forward drum though.
Are the stock drums that bad? Trans guy is telling me I should replace it...

Yes, you should replace it.