my 80 regal limited

did a little more work on the ports an started doin over the first exhaust port had to call it quits a little earlier then intended had to go to the doctors to get a piece of steel out of my eye :redface: even though i wear glasses it still managed to get stuck to my cornea

a little bit of progress tomorrow the rearend and some more porting

100_3797.jpg

got the rearend removed from the frame today looks like im gonna have to prioritize the frame instead of the body sins there is a car blocking me from getting the body out the door for blasting

was bored and fealt like doing something to the car so brought the water pump pulley and crank pulley to work put em in the lathe and cut off the grooves that arent in use gonna weld the pump pulley just for some extra strength or for the hell of it :p

well did a mod to my headers instead of the ball/socket with the 2" reducer that they came with from the factory i changed to a 2.5 slip on and got the pulleys anodized and picked up a stainless 2-1 2.5-3" collector

100_3862.jpg

100_3861.jpg

100_3857.jpg

WOPPI i found a spare passenger door for my car now i dont need to mess around with repairs on the one i have

well modified the engine oil pan the other day removed the hump for the crossover pipe adding some capacity and will make a battle soon also tore down the rear axel now i just need to get some steel and make bracings

well made up a tamplet for the diff house bracing and a brace for the upper control arm mounts took home the diff carrier main caps for a slight mod gonna mill a flat surface for thediff girdle bolts to have a good flat place to sit so the bolts wont slip over to one side and mess things up also gonna machine up some new spring holders ya know the once that hold the return springs on our brake shoes i had to cut one off pluss theyre old and rusty

Yep. Early design casting. I've found them myself in the first of the even fire engines and the odd fire. Don't know whay the did it though.:confused:

Those are called "centering bosses" and believe it or not, those held the suckers in a lathe for machining. But what possessed Buick to leave them there, Lord only knows. Perhaps some kind of religious tradition. Anyway, it seems that during development of the '78 Turbo they discovered that those bosses tended to cause pre-ignition under boost, so for the Turbo pistons they decided to remove them. As you note, after '78 they were removed from NA pistons. But what other changes from those first Turbo pistons also were carried to NA after '78, I'm still not sure.

I pilfered the pic that Aj was referring to:

Futten-1half.jpg

well finaly got a small update on my car i got my hands on B-body spindles to get 12" break rotors ill get slotted and drilled rotors and some high quality pads and a friend who sells parts for US cars has a set of wilwood aluminum single piston calipers im gonna buy them of him and ill get rear break conversion kit from " the right stuff" ive ordered some steering components from speedway motors that will eliminate bump steer also ordered moser axles for the rearend also a friend thats on vacation in north carolina will pick up a rebuild kit for the rearend (bearings and seals) and next month im gonna order a eaton limited slip diff also get the rearend sand blasted weld on housing braces and the new spring perches ive made up but i gotta get some gussets made up i also ordered some sleeves with a poly bushing to make new engine mounts and will also have some brackets made up trough my cousin and i can get plates water jetted so thats where im at at the moment hopefully ill get a new digital camera soon so i can take pics of the progess

tiny update i brought home a set of wilwood GM 3 calipers today from my friends shop and asked him to order me some bilstein shocks

Sorry I couldn't talk today Kjetil. I left the shop at 2130 hours afte getting there at 1000.:( It's been a long ass day to say the least.