my 80 regal limited

I've got one of those here myself. I have a feeling mine will become a parts car in the end.
for a little rust your going to turn your car into a parts car. one of these days i will have to post pictures of cars and trucks i saved with way more rust.

here is one that i did. the door i fixed, i did not replace it. i welded in a new patch in the rear. molded in a hood scoop, and painted the truck.
i fixed that so i know you can fix your little rust. remember i had to do both quarters and a whole bunch of hail damage.

Attachments

• bronco 1.jpg
    bronco 1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 177
  • bonco2.jpg
    bonco2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 188
  • bronco4.jpg
    bronco4.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 186
  • bronco5.jpg
    bronco5.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 184
  • bronco6.jpg
    bronco6.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 199
more cars i have done. this was a body off car. if i saved all of these cars i know you guys can save yours. this dune buggy came from a farm, i had to eleminate the wrong turn signals alot of body work and re-chrome. i even have a few more cars i have done, but i think you all get the idea.

Attachments

• dune buggy1.jpg
    dune buggy1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 177
  • dunebuggy2.jpg
    dunebuggy2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 185
  • dunebuggy3.jpg
    dunebuggy3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 181
for a little rust your going to turn your car into a parts car. one of these days i will have to post pictures of cars and trucks i saved with way more rust.

It's not the "little" rust that's the issue here Matt. It's where the rust is.:eek:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN0002.JPG
    DSCN0002.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 189
that is bad, but it can be fixed.

The problem is that the package tray is attached to the trunk hinges and I'd basically have to remove the entire package tray ect and have an 82-83 car here to replace it with. The 82-83 I found out are very specific as to the body parts so I can't use any other years to fix it. Making the parts by hand just wouldn't be worth it for me.:frown:

The problem is that the package tray is attached to the trunk hinges and I'd basically have to remove the entire package tray ect and have an 82-83 car here to replace it with. The 82-83 I found out are very specific as to the body parts so I can't use any other years to fix it. Making the parts by hand just wouldn't be worth it for me.:frown:

thats sad to see a car get cut up. :(
as you seen on the last page with my pictures, it can be fixed it just takes time.

HOLY CRAP! thats pretty bad well one car gets cut appart to save another one cut the body apart and flat pack it :D

that's sad to see a car get cut up. :(
as you seen on the last page with my pictures, it can be fixed it just takes time.

True Matt. But the 82 needs floor pans and since it's a T top car it may need more than that. It wasn't what I wanted to do but it's what will be needed to save the GN and the T type after all.:frown:

HOLY CRAP! that's pretty bad well one car gets cut apart to save another one cut the body apart and flat pack it :D

Never crush a car if you don't need to Kjetil. Parts are parts after all and the dirt track guys always need some sooner or later after all.:eek:

flat pack it as in cut the quarter panels cowl floor pan roof and that ad stack it on top of each ther and store them somewhere dident mean to crush it

started scraping away the undercoating of the car im about halfway but i need to lift the body and pull out the frame befor i can really get at everything i went ant picked up the materials to make the 4 A frame stands for the body rack ill start welding them up on the 19th when i have money aand can buy weld sticks

finaly got the car up on stands just need to finish cleaning the underside then its off to the blasters in may or june

100_3622.jpg

100_3621.jpg

well 1/4 inch thick steel on the legs so they should hold they dont move much when i shook the body and the body wont move much while removing undercoating and i wont work on it while its high up like that exept for welding and that as soon as i need to get inside it ill use normal jack stands

yeah it feels good now i just hope that dingle berry infront of me either works on his car real fast or hes gonna get picked out. thats my friend tommy checking the car with a bubble level and it was just about perfect

started porting the heads today started with the intake ports i want to block off and fill the heat riser ports in the center exhaust ports and the EGR ports in the outer 2 ports

reading?? i never read on how to do practical things :D i learn from images and video i just wish i had someone to show me well i have one guy the guy who rebuildt the heads he knows ALOT about this i wish i could bring it to some of you guys for a little show and tell charlie said in an email to me that i could take out more "meat" in the ports around the valve guide bt im not sure i dare it would be just my luck to burn trough into the water system