My 180 + MPH pass

III'S 87 GN

Well lets start with what is off the top of my head because I just got home and have had several phone calls and text about it.

I am the current TSO MPH record holder at 176.88 done last year at Reynolds. I have a totally new combo from last year and have struggled all this year to find MPH.( My best ET this year is 8.0 ? My best MPH prior to BG this year is 174+)
I found the MPH after Norwalk this year on MY OWN.

Here is fact I had a horrible 60ft which will equal a bad 1/8th mile et and mph and yield a higher than normal 1/4 MPH.
My 1/8th mile MPH was about the same as my 176.88 MPH record and my 1/4 mile MPH was only 3.5 MPH more than my record !
My back half picked up only 3 MPH more than my record pass of 176.88

I believe I was the only TSO car to see 170+ MPH for the week (could be wrong) SEVERAL times of which highest was 174

I also know that my 8.3? at 172 mph was a very mild tune and the 180 mph pass was turned up a BIT !

Could be that this was the first race that I tuned and set boost settings on my own with the help of Jason and Josh White. (legit :cool:)

Don,

Thanks for being so transparent.
Good luck with your combination.

I don't understand why anyone sees this as impossible. As you said ,only 3.5 MPH faster than you have already gone. Well done !!

Bryan

Just face it your **** is slow!!!

LOL Congrat's now back it up with a 7sec 180 mph pass.

Your car is awesome and I hope mine will be as fast.
Impressive to say the least.

Peter

Congratulations! Glad to see you have not hit the limit for your combo. 180 MPH!

I don't think anyone is saying it didn't happen. All you have to do is simply look at the driveshaft speed and you can tell if it's true. If you say you went 180 then you did. I know Dave did NOT go the 199 the clocks said he did.

34.jpg

330 to the 1/8th Don was .006 quicker than Manny

1/8th to 1000 ft he was .069 quicker

1000 ft to 1/4 mi he was .11 seconds quicker with Manny having problems

Manny should have been on a 170 mph run picking up 35 from the 1/8th

180 doesn't jive based on the slip

Could be that this was the first race that I tuned and set boost settings on my own with the help of Jason and Josh White. (legit :cool:)

Should be proud of yourself. The boost controller settings and timing control can really make or brake you up to the 330'.

As RRA, I have been getting a ton of calls, PM's, text's about whether this is the new TSO mph record. Just to clarify, Don's success/failure at BG is because HE is pushing the buttons not me. Because of this, I am not privy to the data to say if it is legit or not. Like I posted earlier, Don, please review the d/s speed and let us know if you think the pass was legit. If you are unsure how to do this, I will be more than happy to assist you and get this matter cleared up. I will reserve my opinion until you post your findings.

This kind of reminds me of the whole birth certificate deal.
What ever the case may be, I love your car.:biggrin:

Either way Don 99% of us would kill to have that car and the other 1% is lying their ass off :p

If I am reading this thread correctly, and I like to think that I am, no one asked for proof. They asked for a confirmation from you based on your word that it is a fact to put into record books. Unfortunately it seems there is hesitation to do that. Good luck in the future, you are more than capable, work very hard, and deserve it.