msd ignition O-CRAP WHAT DID I DO

WARBIRD1989

I just installed a new MSD DIS-4 system the car runs like crap, only when I installed the bypass plug that came with the module adapter, will the car actually run, so at least it is wired correctly. I contacted MSD, they told me on all GM's it is necessary too unhooked the computer for 20 to 30 minutes, because the computer will need to relearn. They said I may have to do this two or three times. I don't know, this just does not sound right. All of my MSD prior to this had been plug and play.

How long does it actually take the computer to lose its long-term memory from when you disconnect power??

Ok Ill be the 1st one. That procedure will change nothing. Typical MSD tech cop out. Good luck

MSD equipment good, MSD technical support bad.

MSD equipment good, MSD technical support bad.

20 min on the phone with technical support with absolutely no resolution. I just spent the last hour and found out that all the problem was was just a simple switch had to be set to the type of ignition that the car has. The system is now working flawlessly. Just with the addition of the MSD I went from 7 degrees retard at 16 pounds to just under 4.

With a simple turn of a screwdriver I can pull out anywhere from 1 degree to 99 degrees of timing, after pulling out 7 degrees of timing I am getting zero degrees of retard on the Scanmaster.

It is pretty nice to just pop your good and turn a little dial and removed timing.

The entire system (Coil,adapter,dis4) plus overnight shipping was just under $800. A small price to pay to have the ability to remove any and all detonation without sending your chip in to have timing removed.

How much timing are you running now? Is this a distibutor?

Jason
DIS4 is for the coilpack ignition.

WARBIRD1989
I wish you luck. Most of us have had mixed results with this unit. This why I dont own by choice anything made by MSD.

I will be fair and add that when it does work it works great. The 2 step is really nice and the car will pick up in power.

Jason
DIS4 is for the coilpack ignition.

WARBIRD1989
I wish you luck. Most of us have had mixed results with this unit. This why I dont own by choice anything made by MSD.

I will be fair and add that when it does work it works great. The 2 step is really nice and the car will pick up in power.

Thanks.

Jason

The entire system (Coil,adapter,dis4) plus overnight shipping was just under $800. A small price to pay to have the ability to remove any and all detonation without sending your chip in to have timing removed.

800 more and you'd have a FAST box with WB correction and change all the timing you wanted on the fly whenever you wanted.