Mom Tasered Repeatedly in Front of Kids, Arrested (Video)

So in your opinion this was justified? Yes
I bet if that was your mom, sister or daughter you would not be too happy and singing a deferent song.Nope
I am also happy to have cops. With out them it would be a mess. But what’s wrong is wrong plain and simple.

BTW how are these kids going to feel about Cops? When the kids grow up, they'll think twice what would happen to 'em if they don't listen
And the feeling was created by whom?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

She had no right to ask to review the video on scene.

That's a pretty crazy statement right there. And I bet the woman did have a pissed off attitude justifiably. I bet the conversation went a little like this..

Officer: "Did you know it's illegal to talk on your cell phone and drive in this county?"

Lady: "Officer I wasn't talking on my cell phone, I don't even have my cell phone."

Officer: "Well I have you on tape talking on your cell phone. You were speeding as well. The speed limit is 45 and I have you clocked at 50."

Lady: "I was just resting my head against my face and 5 over is a little weak to pull somebody for." (ok so girls don't say "that's weak", but I bet it was something like that).

Officer: "Whatever, I have you on tape, I'm going to have to write you a ticket on this one."

This is where the video would come into play. I'll bet you he did something to the effect of more or less calling her a liar. I don't know about you, but I get :mad: when someone calls me a liar. Even if it is a cop. And yes they do call people liars. Ask me how I know.

Just my guess at it anyway.

That's a pretty crazy statement right there.

Before making a statement that you just did, do you have any experience on how a video system works in a patrol vehicle?

There will be a cold day in hell before Joe Citizen is going to sit in my patrol vehicle and review a video at the time of a traffic stop.

Like stated before, if you want to challenge a LEO be prepared for the aftermath.

http://www.allbusiness.com/legal/litigation/4136-1.html

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I should start a poll to see what percentage of people who have gotten pulled over for speeding have asked to see the radar. I know I have. I am not stating that the officer has to go ahead and show you, I am just saying that not even being able to ask is an absurd statement. I usually side with the cops, but he asked her twice and had the tazer out like 2 seconds later. To pull out a tazer on a soccer mom because you had to ask something twice :rolleyes: come on get real. Where does it end.

You are missing the point. The officer started to walk away then she gets out of the car......One of the worst moves a driver/passenger could make. By the looks of it (no audio from the MVR), he asked to get back into car multiple times but she wanted to see the MVR. He kept telling her to get back into the car but she did not listen. He then pulled out the Taser. There is something call Obstruction of Administration of Law

Article 195 - Penal Law - Official Misconduct and Obstruction of Public Servants Generally

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Her commentary with it suggests that the tazer was pulled out immediately after the second request, and it's not like he was telling her to put a gun down. It was to get back in the car. Also she said something along the lines of "he gave me the impression he was going to show me the video". So she seemed to think she was being allowed to follow the trooper back to his car. Who knows how much of the commentary is true, but I still think it is poor judgment to pull a taser on a lady with kids for having to make a second request.

Maybe I just don't see what the big deal is about getting out of the car since I have done it many times when pulled over (at least 4 times). Of course I always make sure it's ok with the officer. Thinkin back I am surprised that the cop let me out of my car even when my car was shown as being in impound (long story).

I'm one of the biggest proponents for the police on this site.

One of the largest 'tools' an officer has is discretion.

Lets just say this one acted a little 'hasty'.

Bet she will stay in the car next time. Real good example to her kids getting out being mouthy to a cop. Quick tempered hussy got zapped....LOL

You never get out of the vehicle when pulled over until told so:rolleyes:

She resisted arrest and she was tasered to effect the arrest. End of story.

x2 she should have kept her butt in the truck.She wanted to see the video or the radar? I got stopped two weeks ago for 57 in a 40 zone.I did not ask to see the radar.I knew how fast I was going.That was my first speeding ticket in 20 years. Never get out of your car and walk back to the squad car. That can be taken as sign of aggression .Try that on the south side of chicago and see what hapens to you.The taser would be the least of your problems . The officer has my vote.

All of us 'men' know better to stay in the car. We all have much experience getting pulled. I bet she doesn't. I also would like to hear the audio version that most of you must have to come to your conclusions.

The officer was already at her window talking with her before she gets out. She says she got out to see the vid. Who knows what he said to her before she got out. She didn't look threatning at all. The taser shouldn't be used unless they are poising to get physical. Not a mom with kids in the car. A little verbal isn't resisting arrest. She got back in the car because she's probably never been told "you're under arrest". Just a scared reaction imo.

I think most would agree to get pulled for going 5 mph over is weak. Cell phone too. Especially late January in New York.The officer was having a bad day or he's just a douchebag.

I'm one of the biggest proponents for the police on this site.

One of the largest 'tools' an officer has is discretion.

Lets just say this one acted a little 'hasty'.

X2

My first reaction is to handle any situation with a LEO with as much politeness as possible. At the point and time it becomes an impolite conversation, I just shut up and get ready to call the lawyer. Most police officers respond much better if not being berated.

With that said, this was a speeding ticket for goodness sake. It's not like it was a felony drug stop or there was some indication of as to such. Given the situation and the presence of children, more restraint should have been used on both sides.

All of us 'men' know better to stay in the car. We all have much experience getting pulled. I bet she doesn't. I also would like to hear the audio version that most of you must have to come to your conclusions.

The officer was already at her window talking with her before she gets out. She says she got out to see the vid. Who knows what he said to her before she got out. She didn't look threatning at all. The taser shouldn't be used unless they are poising to get physical. Not a mom with kids in the car. A little verbal isn't resisting arrest. She got back in the car because she's probably never been told "you're under arrest". Just a scared reaction imo.

I think most would agree to get pulled for going 5 mph over is weak. Cell phone too. Especially late January in New York.The officer was having a bad day or he's just a douchebag.

The woman was directed many times to not only get back to her car but to stay in her car. She does not have right to see any video, radar reading or any other type of device I have in my car. At what point is she supposed to "Know better"? She is a grown woman with kids in a mini-van. I'm pretty sure she knew better.

You stated she probably didn't know better because she didn't have much experience getten stopped. The way she acted makes me think she has plenty of experience getten pulled over. A motor vehicle stop is not like a PTA meeting. You can't just get up and exit your seat because your not happy with the situation. There are safety issues for both the Officer and the citizen when being stopped on the side of the highway.

You say the taser should not be used unless someone is poising to get physical. So howabout when a motor vehicle stop is conducted and the person exits their vehicle and shoots the officer in the head. You don't think it happens like that? I can assure you it does.

What part of exiting your vehicle when you have been instucted not to and then walking towards the Officer not poising to get physical? The fact that you point out that she is just a mom and her kids only goes to show that a mom and her kids has enough sense to know that staying in ur car vs. exiting ur car is the better way to handle the situation. She knew better, she just choose to test the waters. Well, she tested em alright.

There is no cover or concealment when you are on the side of the highway approaching the door of the vehicle you have just stopped. It is no time or place to act like a child in front of your children on the side of a highway which made the Officer nervous. Rightfully so.

Her argument is in the court room. Or she can file a citizen complaint against the Officer if she was unhappy with the way she was treated.

What she can't do is act like an animal!

The woman was directed many times to not only get back to her car but to stay in her car. She does not have right to see any video, radar reading or any other type of device I have in my car. At what point is she supposed to "Know better"? She is a grown woman with kids in a mini-van. I'm pretty sure she knew better.

You stated she probably didn't know better because she didn't have much experience getten stopped. The way she acted makes me think she has plenty of experience getten pulled over. A motor vehicle stop is not like a PTA meeting. You can't just get up and exit your seat because your not happy with the situation. There are safety issues for both the Officer and the citizen when being stopped on the side of the highway.

You say the taser should not be used unless someone is poising to get physical. So howabout when a motor vehicle stop is conducted and the person exits their vehicle and shoots the officer in the head. You don't think it happens like that? I can assure you it does.

What part of exiting your vehicle when you have been instucted not to and then walking towards the Officer not poising to get physical? The fact that you point out that she is just a mom and her kids only goes to show that a mom and her kids has enough sense to know that staying in ur car vs. exiting ur car is the better way to handle the situation. She knew better, she just choose to test the waters. Well, she tested em alright.

There is no cover or concealment when you are on the side of the highway approaching the door of the vehicle you have just stopped. It is no time or place to act like a child in front of your children on the side of a highway which made the Officer nervous. Rightfully so.

Her argument is in the court room. Or she can file a citizen complaint against the Officer if she was unhappy with the way she was treated.

What she can't do is act like an animal!

Most of what you say is an assumption because of no audio.

Look at the tape. From when she gets out to when he pulls the taser only 18 SECONDS had passed.

18 seconds is all a mini van mom going 5mph over gets before being arrested and tased? She may have been upset because she was accused of being on the phone also. I say he was wrong. She wanted to see the tape because she wasn't on the phone. Yeah, she shouldn't have asked to see the tape, but she was told by the officer being on the phone was one the infractions.

Animal? The video you posted of the officer being attacked on the bridge..Thats a animal. This woman is far from being a animal and I am quite suprised you used "animal" to describe her actions.

WOW.

Time will tell when we find out the outcome of the case.

If this mom is such a criminal, why did the DA drop the charges? Probably because he knew after watching this video this cop f*cked up. I will agree that she shouldnt have gotten out of the car but she was no threat. I dont need any audio from that vid to tell me that. That officer used very poor judgement and it will probably cost him is job. As it should because police departments need officers with common sense, and IMO this officer has none.

James

WOW now she acted like an animal??????:mad:

Safety??? She was dragged to the middle of the road with cars passing by.:mad:

The law says the law says the law says - what does common sense say?:confused:

“She has no right” yes we know she has no rights.:eek:

The charges might have been dropped but the damage is done. She will for ever have to explain the arrest because that doesn’t go away. :frown:

The law says the law says to jump out of the fifth floor window are you going to jump. Ummm, No because it doesn’t benefit you.

Guys obey the commands like a good dog with no rights and get home to your family alive and well. That’s what I do.
Cop- give me your paper work
Me- the papers are in my left pants pocket can you please watch me get them “hand over paper work” No more words
Cop-usually Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me - No or just shrug shoulders in a no meaning type of way.
Cop – because XYZ
Me – blank stare – No words
Cop – I’ll be right back
Me - blank stare – No words
Cop – hear are your papers and ticket
Me – Can I go now?
Cop – sometimes they say yes, or they just get in their cars and drive of.
Me- after the cop is LONG LONG LONG GONE “#$@%^#%^#$&$$&&” LOL

The world knows it’s a tuff job But NO ONE is forcing anyone to do it.
The reality is that you are doing what your natural instincts are telling you to do. How good does it feel when you get that guy????? The rush, the satisfaction, the high fives and congratulations you get from your peers it feels good don’t it. You qualify for retirement or more money behind a desk but NO you chose to stay in the line of fire because “you are not the behind the desk type” translation “no action, no adrenalin rush, no desk”
I dare you or any one to say it aint SO because you would be a liar. Well Unless you took the desk.

What were we talking about again? OHH:confused:

The bottom line is that people in power will be second guessed and scrutinized when an apparent miss judgment has taken place. Its part of your job to be second guess’t. And as civilians its our job to make sure that the police that we pay for are going after criminals and not civilians that’s just the way it is. Nothing personal Unless you are the idiot in the video if not relax we are over the internet and therefore we do not pose a treat so "don't tase me bro" :biggrin:
So please stop acting like we are talking about your mother. And keep the conversation civil. :(

Most of what you say is an assumption because of no audio.

Look at the tape. From when she gets out to when he pulls the taser only 18 SECONDS had passed.

18 seconds is all a mini van mom going 5mph over gets before being arrested and tased? She may have been upset because she was accused of being on the phone also. I say he was wrong. She wanted to see the tape because she wasn't on the phone. Yeah, she shouldn't have asked to see the tape, but she was told by the officer being on the phone was one the infractions.

Animal? The video you posted of the officer being attacked on the bridge..Thats a animal. This woman is far from being a animal and I am quite suprised you used "animal" to describe her actions.

WOW.

Time will tell when we find out the outcome of the case.

He was way too hasty. I watched the video closely to see how she was resisting. She never raises her hands to point at him, swing her arms around or physically threaten him. Should she have gotten out? Probably not but for such a terrible crime of 5mph over the speed limit and possible cell phone use he could have handled this much better. If I saw my wife treated like that I would be suing him and the deptment for sure.

After returning to her vehicle how many SECONDS to think it would take her to reach in her purse, exit her vehicle for a second time and pull out a gun and shoot the officer? Less then 18 SECONDS I can assure you. What, she's female so that wouldn't cross her mind? It's crossed many other females minds.

Is it likely that she would shoot him? I would definately say no statistically. Was it statistically likely that the guy on the bridge was going to attack the officer and bite a chunk of his face off requiring reconstructive surgery? Nope.

You have no idea what irate people are going to do and neither do I.

According to the FBI, the majority of officers who are killed in the line of duty are killed on routine motor vehicle stops for minor motor vehicle violations. Not felony stops. Routine traffic stops. Do you think this would meet the criteria of a routine motor vehicle stop for a minor motor vehicle violation?

After returning to her vehicle how many SECONDS to think it would take her to reach in her purse, exit her vehicle for a second time and pull out a gun and shoot the officer? Less then 18 SECONDS I can assure you. What, she's female so that wouldn't cross her mind? It's crossed many other females minds.

Is it likely that she would shoot him? I would definately say no statistically. Was it statistically likely that the guy on the bridge was going to attack the officer and bite a chunk of his face off requiring reconstructive surgery? Nope.

You have no idea what irate people are going to do and neither do I.

According to the FBI, the majority of officers who are killed in the line of duty are killed on routine motor vehicle stops for minor motor vehicle violations. Not felony stops. Routine traffic stops. Do you think this would meet the criteria of a routine motor vehicle stop for a minor motor vehicle violation?

Another great tool for Police is Perception as well as Instinct. This officer showed none. The way you put it..it looks more like the officer showed fear.

Both of my brothers are officers as well as many of my friends. I am not totally inept on their duties. There is still a human factor here. This officer overreacted imo.

By the way I have watched every Cops episode since 1988. :D I have seen WAY more beligerent psychos get away with a hell of alot more than this mom and her 18 seconds.