Mods/expectations

Steve86TA

I am a newbie here.I just FINALLY bought a TTA.These are the mods that are done to the car.I would just like to know if you guys think I am on the right path here.
ATR SS catback,2 1/2 down pipe and crossover,ATR strip chip,LT1 MAF w/Translator,70mm T.B,33# inj,AFPR,Transgo shift kit,2400 convert,K&N,Adj boost control.

Thanks for the help guys

Might want to think about a new chip, ATR strip chip has mucho timing and is pretty much old tech. Maybe some larger injectors if you decide to upgrade the turbo larger than a TA49/TE44, just depends on your plans for the car. Looks good so far.:)

Originally posted by Steve86TA
I am a newbie here.I just FINALLY bought a TTA.These are the mods that are done to the car.I would just like to know if you guys think I am on the right path here.
ATR SS catback,2 1/2 down pipe and crossover,ATR strip chip,LT1 MAF w/Translator,70mm T.B,33# inj,AFPR,Transgo shift kit,2400 convert,K&N,Adj boost control.

Thanks for the help guys

Get an updated Chip, 33# injectors? Never heard of those :confused: Where are the stock ones?

Put the stock TB back on it

The stock convertor is a 2400, what kind of convertor is in there? The stock one is probably better.

The stock parts on these cars RULE. You don't need much aftermarket stuff.

Here are some things to upgrade next.

Scan Tool *NEXT PURCHASE* before you turn the boost up
Valve Springs
Fuel Pump

Do a Spring Cleaning www.gnttype.org

Just to give you an idea of why to keep the stock stuff..

Stock Injectors
Stock Turbo
Stock Intercooler
Stock Convertor
Stock Downpipe
Stock Motor from TB to Pan

My car went 11.82@114mph on Nitto Drag Radials with the parts above. These cars are SUPER easy to get into the low 12s as long as you do the right stuff. If you buy the wrong parts your going to do nothing but get frustrated and go slow.

Yeah..what he said. :D

cept I dont agree on stock injectors..since theyre 14 years old now. Do like 50's tho..

Thermostat 160 degree.. and hot wire that fuel pump..

Thanks for the input guys.The car does have a 160 T-stat.I thought he told me the injectors were 33#,but I guess not.They have a green stripe at the top.I will also have to check on that converter,stock or not.I do have a fuel pump to put in it.What is the "hot wire"the fuel pump?
Thanks

U can get a hot wire kit that is just a thicker wire that makes sure the fuel pump gets constant voltage under boost. I think the kits are like 50 bux, just put it in when U change your fuel pump. Are you putting in a walbro fuel pump? If its not a high flow walbro, u should definatly get one to put in.

Also, get the numbers off the injectors and do a search to see what ones you have.

good luck with that fuel pump install, shouldn't take too long, just make sure you give that filler neck a little bend when u drop the tank, or u will get frustrated trying to finagle it out!

~Murt

Originally posted by Steve86TA
.I thought he told me the injectors were 33#,but I guess not.They have a green stripe at the top. Thanks

Sounds like they could be 009's in which case they are 43# injectors...

I also like the Accufab, but if you want something less expensive, a guy on the GNTTYPE list named Mark Martone used to make a nice one for $50. Stay away from those "stealth" ones that tap a screw in the vacuum port.

I like MSD 10mm wires. Overkill? Sure, but they look and work great.

Also - just curious - why take off the 70mm tb? I know some people have said that it actually slowed down a mostly stock car when racing, but my experience has been that for a street driven car it actually improved the throttle response. Many others said the same thing. One theory was that the throttle blade had to physically move less and open less to let more air in. Not sure, but I know mine ran better than the stocker.

You could probably sell it for $350 and use the money elsewhere if you really wanted.

If I was on the street 99% + of my time, I'd leave it on. Besides, it looks SO much nicer compared to the stock one :)