Milkshake in oil.

DougP

I have a motor with recent rebuild everything was great was running 20# of boost on 93 with alky. I did a small burnout and heard a slight pop sounded like a back fire. I shut down car and noticed that vac line to boost gauge was blown off. Drove car home all was fine temp, oil pressure, no smoking. Next morning I checked oil and see the milkshake in oil. I did a compression check with car warm and all cylinders are at 150. I pressurized the rad and it holds good. What gives ?? last head gasket that blew had blow by coming out the breathers. Coolant bottle had residue in it. Stock block GN1 heads and intake, ARP bolts. I changed the oil a few times after short start ups and no more milkshake. Head gasket or intake ?? I hate to tear this apart but something has to be bad.

Probably lifted the head enough under boost to allow the water in. I would bet that another 20psi blast will make it appear again. The head gasket has been breached but not blown. Compression test will not build enough cylinder pressure to show up. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Bryan

Probably lifted the head enough under boost to allow the water in. I would bet that another 20psi blast will make it appear again. The head gasket has been breached but not blown. Compression test will not build enough cylinder pressure to show up. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Bryan

^^^^ been there. sounds 100% correct.

Yup. Happened to me not long ago too. Same pop and milkshake later on with no other evidence of blow by. The gasket barely blew but it was enough. I'd say head gasket too.

if the rad holds than whatever is leaking needs more than the 17psi you would test the radiator at
thats generally the head gasket
seeing its a new build there are other ways to get water into oil
loose bolts that hold the timing cover and waterpump to the block
loose intake bolts
improper or lack of thread sealer on fasteners that thread into coolant... head studs /head bolts and timing cover bolts

another possible is bad oil cooler tank in radiator if you still run the stock oil cooler (another of the 101 reasons not to run the stock cooler after a rebuild)

Found the problem, head gasket. Tks all. 2011-10-07 16.33.30.jpg

What kind of gasket is that? Thats not a Felpro.

If your injection kit uses a 3 bar to work it.. and your boost line is tied with the 3 bar.. that is why your HG let go.

They are felpro 1000. The engine is .30 over. And im not sure on the three bar its an old SMC alky kit and it does tee off map/boost gauge, been that way for years. Last time I blew a head gasket it was a stock type gasket @ 25 psi half track and fuel pump took a crap.

After doing some reading on here, I don't see alot of people running these felpro 1000's. Was wondering about going with the 9441 felpro. I understand the 1000's dont make a mess when they blow but are they a little weaker ??

I have noticed my Boost gauge sensor line has been coming off too. Located on the passenger vender. But no pops and the car runs fine only running 17 psi. Also have a VDO boost gauge. Should I be worried or is it my imagination? Or is it just slipping off with no harm to the turbo or motor? Advise appreciated!
Thanks

One 5 cent black high tempture wire tied boost line......or....

imagejpeg952.jpg1027111011.jpg

Cracked a sleeve an the Block!! 109 block,93/meth,gt-71,steel headgaskets,must saw 30-32 psi before XFI killed ignition...

Factory Boost line slid off under WOT!!! $2700 fix with new block