Methanol Injection Kit

i somewhat get what you guys are saying now about the alkycontrol. since it was built for the gn then it will be easier to troubleshoot and if i get stuck, there is great customer service to help me for free. but other than that, there is really no difference? since i have someone helping me if i get stuck then the best option money wise would be to get a cheaper kit. im always under the hood of my car so its nothing to check to fluid level. so besides the customer service i would get from alky control, there really is no other difference? i have no problem forking over the money for something if its worth it, but if the only differece is customer service then ill probably lean rowards a cheaper kit.

One thing sometimes missed is the thousands of kits made, the wealth of information obtained from experience(issues), and the overall simplification of the process. Dont think the kit made today in Aug 2011 is the same kit made in July 2003. As time goes by improvements are made to offset "issues". These things in the end cost $$$. The biggest issues are in the minute details. Thats what sets what I do for these cars vs the other companies that sell generic systems that dont really "fit" the car.

And its the stupid little things like filters, custom stainless hoses, custom wired pumps, Custom electrical, vehicle specific documents, tech support, thats what you pay for. If you dont see any value in something carefully thought out and executed for your particular car.. then go the cheap route and be in year 2003 development figuring stuff out as the issues "pop" up. My original kits where 200 cheaper than they are today. As problems arose.. money had to be thrown in to remedy the problem.

Lastly, fuel system components are the last place you should scimp on. The meth system provides fueling. Cost of parts for these cars has gone up exponentially.. especially engine parts. Pay now or pay latter. Good luck with your decisions.

Julio

Yes, I literally have TWO Alky Kits on my GN, Alkycontrol as the twin M15 Post-Turbo, and Devils Own 2gph as the Pre-Turbo. At the time, Julio wasn't doing Pre-Turbo (even though I busted his balls to do it and let me attempt the idea). I'm as non-biased as they come on here, I'm all about the betterment of GN's and if that means saying a current product isn't up to par, I'll say it (cough cough, Walbro).

Coolingmist, IAS, Labonte etc, all great kits, none of which have the GN specific service Alkycontrol offers. How could they, Julio has a faster 3.8L than most customers using his kit, he knows how to make GN Meth Heads fast and continues to improve the kit.

BTW, the rubber condom for the Alky pump is a specific example of a Vendor = Solving Customer Issues.

We are one of the few platforms that has this great service for a performance product in detail, they are fading fast from our community.:frown:

One thing sometimes missed is the thousands of kits made, the wealth of information obtained from experience(issues), and the overall simplification of the process. Dont think the kit made today in Aug 2011 is the same kit made in July 2003. As time goes by improvements are made to offset "issues". These things in the end cost $$$. The biggest issues are in the minute details. Thats what sets what I do for these cars vs the other companies that sell generic systems that dont really "fit" the car.

And its the stupid little things like filters, custom stainless hoses, custom wired pumps, Custom electrical, vehicle specific documents, tech support, thats what you pay for. If you dont see any value in something carefully thought out and executed for your particular car.. then go the cheap route and be in year 2003 development figuring stuff out as the issues "pop" up. My original kits where 200 cheaper than they are today. As problems arose.. money had to be thrown in to remedy the problem.

Lastly, fuel system components are the last place you should scimp on. The meth system provides fueling. Cost of parts for these cars has gone up exponentially.. especially engine parts. Pay now or pay latter. Good luck with your decisions.

Julio

thanks for the explination on your kit, i got a lot to think about but what you and some other members said makes perfectly good sense. i shouldnt be cheap about it cause ive dumped an unnessary amount of money into my car and its bettter to pay a little more now then to pay a lot later. im sure ill be in touch, i still got a lot of homework to do. is there a warrenty that comes with your kit?

Warranty is 1 year on pump and 2 years rest of kit. Doesnt cover abuse or water damage.