Metallica's "Saint Anger"-good or bad?

Originally posted by WFO
jason was long gone during the recording of st.anger.bass duties were shared by bob rock and james hetfield.

Sorry I was misinformed by the media!;)

~

Originally posted by WFO
put down the crackpipe dood.

robert trujillo has chunks of guys like jason newsted in his sh!t.

go pick up some infectious grooves or listen to suicidal's "lights,camera,revolution".no comparison.

besides,all newsted ever did was run around and headbang:rolleyes: .

later,sean

"Chunks of guys like newsted"? Suuuuuure he does. :rolleyes:

Get real. Quit. Stop it, I say! I'm laughing so hard my sides hurt! You're joking, right?

ROFLMAO!!! Watching Trujillo do his "Planet of the Apes" monkeywalk was ridiculously hilarious. And you think this looks better somehow than Newsted doing some 'headbanging'?

And Tujillo's bass playing versus Jason's? C'mon, man - gimme a break! He ain't got a thing on Jason - period.

Originally posted by WFO
i agree that lars snare sounds like someone beating on a trashcan with a mop handle:rolleyes:
lol

Newsted sucked, the new dude seems alright. Is it just me or is James' voice goin out a little?

From what I heard, they made the music first and then wrote lyrics to it..Does that seem backwards? As far as bass players, Trujillo twomps! Newstead, he is practicly a MIRROR image of the guitars. As far as stage presence, who cares what Trujillo does, he still plays a good bass. I personally like the old chilled out relaxed motionless bassplayers:)

Trujillo...newsted.... Doesn't matter. The REAL metallica died with Cliff Burton. (R.I.P) There was just enough Cliff influence left to produce one final Kick ass album (...And Justice for all) After that, can you say "SOFT"? I was the most loyal metallica fan in the world, Any of my friends can attest to that, right up to the point where the black album came out. I felt so betrayed, I actually cried out loud. James Hetfield was quoted saying,"we broke out of the rut we were in for the last 4 albums". If you ask me, that "RUT" blew away anything that was out there at the time. I say you should stick with what brought you to the dance... They had a WORLDWIDE fanbase without ANY radio play, video support, or mainstream media coverage. Now, it seems that they are more concerned with making billions by targeting a mainstream audience. And BlackBuick84, James' voice isn't going out, it's just plain gay now.:mad:

Aesthetics aside...Trujillo could outplay Newsted everyday.

Listen to some Suicidal Tendencies and see what I mean. Bass was a HUGE part of ST and Infectious Grooves....moreso in the latter. I NEVER heard any bass playing in Metallica...they don't showcase the bass as much as ST and IG, but, Trujillo could outplay Newsted anyday. Different music though....so it's a hard call.

I consider Trujillo #2 or #3, behind Les Claypool of course, in the top 10 rock/ metal bass players of the current time. He's only #3 if you count the Mexican hardcore band "Brujeria". Not a fan of their music, but, they have like 6 bass players in the band!

Back on topic...I think Metallica has sucked since the Black album and I haven't bought one of their album's since. Too many other good bands out there that Metallica pale in comparison to. :D