Max Effort-what changes have you made from Steve's Default settings?

Fast231

Turbo Luvr
Just looking to see how my tune can be improved with fresh idea's

Does everyone set it and forget it, or are you like me and always change settings looking for more.

Edit: I was mainly thinking of PE mode and spool up curve, I always seem to be running lean on the top, with a fuel system that does what it should do (single pump though) I am headed to the strip tonight if the weather permits and get some tunning time in (trying to tune on the street is tough)

Thanks..

The only thing that I needed to change was the WOT but that's to be expected. I did change the MAF Lock because DS was showing that the MAF would start at 255 but was getting lower by the end of the run so I set it to 238, I think. I don't think the other parameters for racing come into play on my car only the wot..

I did change the cruise fuel since it was rich and I set the idle..

oops, I almost forgot, I had him add more timing in race trim but I haven't tested it yet. It feels a lot stronger tho.

ks:cool:

Steve normally makes his defaults a bit rich as he anticipates you will be running a lot of boost.

The cruise will also be a bit rich in normal cases and you will probly have to bump it down a few numbers in order to get the o2s down around the suggested 000-050 range.

The tps kickout is normally right on.

The 0-4000 launch curve is usually too rich on 93 octane no matter what Steve Y says... :D If it is a bit slow spooling up or your DS numbers look fat in low gear, lean it down a bit
Don't go crazy because it can be invoked on a kick down from a roll also. Normally you can be leaner in first or second than in third so after you adjust it, kick it down from 60 mph and see if it is still good.

You probably will not need to mess with tb size or accelerator pump shot size. If it stumbles a little around 1100 rpm as it moves from idle to cruise in light pedal acceleration, increase the cruz about six numbers and see what happens.

I usually set the knock retard lockout to something like 41 in case there is some false knock from the downpipe hitting, etc. Use the odd number so it will stay locked out until it goes past 4000 rpm for the first time.

You will likely play some with the highway mode which i always thought was pretty damn cool.Set that sucker for lean like on the instructions and watch your highway milage go up.

No changes and run the chip with full fuel and 44 psi. hose off.

Bosch greentops, kinda rare. ;)

I wouldn't touch the defaults without seeing direct scan running, perhaps an EGT too.

Kevin,

Raise the lock-on back up to default.

The MAF info is worthless once it locks on. You can tell when it locks on by looking at the 2nd from the top LH cell.
8 is normal, 12 is locked-on and 44 is locked-on plus spool up is complete and on the thumbwheel fuel. If it detonates it will go to 172 or so.

These numbers will hold until you let off and get on it again.

James, I would not mess with spool up fuel....a 4 or 5 in a V7.7 or 7.8 chip and a 3 or 4 in any other version.
Pos 3, 0-4000 fuel can be leaned a little on C16 but if you dont get a gain which you most likely won't, I wouldn't mess with it.

If you get too lean on the spool fuel you may detonate coming up or get too hot too fast....

Just find the pos that gives enough full throttle fuel and put it to the wood :)

Good luck,
Steve

Thanks for the responces dude's,

If i'm not mistaken, my spool up curve default is 6:confused: Second row of the BLM table full right side..?..

My 0-4000 default is 14, i have not taken it down any further than 11, I will play with that and see if i can gether to spool better.

Although C16 is a little rich for my blood i have my tank full of 110 so i will prolly keep boost down to about 22 ish lbs

Not yet, but I'm just learning to read my DS files. Steve Y was nice enough to look at a couple for me and give me suggestions. He said I need to bring down my offset quite a bit. Hopefully that will get my mph up a bit.

James,

Spool fuel is 3rd row, right side. 2nd row right side is cold start fuel.

Steve

Originally posted by Steve Y
Kevin,

Raise the lock-on back up to default.

The MAF info is worthless once it locks on. You can tell when it locks on by looking at the 2nd from the top LH cell.
8 is normal, 12 is locked-on and 44 is locked-on plus spool up is complete and on the thumbwheel fuel. If it detonates it will go to 172 or so.

These numbers will hold until you let off and get on it again.

Great!

Thanks Bud...
ks;)

Originally posted by Steve Y
James,

Spool fuel is 3rd row, right side. 2nd row right side is cold start fuel.

Steve

Heh... Thanks Steve... My Spool curve would then be a 3 and cold start would be a 6:cool:

Hey good Scottie,

1 change:

The 3rd block from left, 2nd row is tip in. You can only read raw tps in pos B of Scanmaster or Tlink.

Steve

Steve,

Looks like my chart is a little dated.

Is Mode Word in the correct cell?
What cell displays TW pos B?

All,
forgot to mention this is for DirectScan.

Modeword is top row, 2nd cell from left.

No cell shows raw tps, you need a Scanmaster or Tlink or OTC to read it, and you need to be on TW pos B.

Steve