Max Effort ME-R! this thing ROCKS!!!

junkbrick

The short and the sweet of it:

I will say that if you NEED a way to TUNE your Turbo Buick, but do not have the $$$$ for a stand alone ECU, you will LOVE this upgrade. I have owned my GN since 1992, and this has been the best upgrade that I have done in the last few years....I finally can ADJUST my fuel WITHOUT shipping those chips all over the place.

I just changed from a Low Z computer and 55's with a very good chip...the car ran well, got good fuel milage and ran as fast as 11.21 at 122, but I was always at a compromise with the tune-up. My problem was that I had a good tune in the middle of the track, but the first 330' or so was WAY rich...I must have sent the chip back to the burner 10 times last season.

I looked into burning my own chips, but the time it would take to "learn" would be an issue. I was really not looking forward to saving my $$ over the next few months to by a FAST, and missing the best part of the racing season down here...the weather is getting Good and I want to race!

I have used other systems, some good and some bad...and I will admit that I was not really looking forward to "trying" something out, but after checking out the customers running the Max Effort products I decided to give them an E-mail. Steve promply responded to my questions and after a few conversations with him, my computer and a check were making a road trip!

I got my ECU installed a few weeks ago, and all I can say is that it does everything that he says it will do. I went to 75# Delphi injectors along with a new tranny and a little GT-71 to provide some motivation. I have not had this much positive to say about my car in a while...It fired up and we started tuning, and it already runs smoother and stronger than it ever has.

If you are in the market for a user tune-able ECU...drop Steve a line with your questions, he will be happy to help you out!

Check them out at http://maxeffortfuelinjection.com/ :goldcup:

I will be sure to post some updates when we get to the track!

Gotta go work on the car!
--reed

hey

hey reed hows things been, long time no see ya. i need to get down some time. you at the same place? let me know. craig stevens from fort payne,al

Steve ROCKS..I just went 10.44@129 with his chip and a cone less MAF. Im also thinking about going to the MAFLESS.

Post some times when you get it to the track.

Later

Russ Merritt uses these and has had great luck with it,He good with tuning them also

Chris McDade said:
Steve ROCKS..I just went 10.44@129 with his chip and a cone less MAF. Im also thinking about going to the MAFLESS.

Post some times when you get it to the track.

Later

We are going down to the 1/4 mile track on Saturday...a friend of mine got me invited to a local Mustang forum's track day ;) ! I am shooting for some good test and tune! :biggrin: :biggrin:

It got a little cool down here in B'ham the other nite...the car fired up, smooth idle and never protested running...I never would have thought that 75#er's would have such good manners.

I'll post the good or the bad!
Reed

WINDMILL said:
hey reed hows things been, long time no see ya. i need to get down some time. you at the same place? let me know. craig stevens from fort payne,al

PM'd ya!

--rp