Max boost from stock turbo with alky?

Get a wideband datalogger so you can see if increasing is helping, maintaining or hurting you. Id like to know what Ed Brewers boost was in 3rd also. If you have a better than stock intercooler then the 22 psi limit doesnt apply. You could effectively go beyond it. Dumping massive amounts of methanol into the engine may aid in bringing down the air temps in the intake allowing further increases if turned up.

I think Ed Brewers boost did come down in 3rd. I talked to him for quite extensively after he had run that number. I also think he was only running a dutt neck non stretch SLIC.

11.37 was his time I think... there is an old stock turb thread that is fairly long that has his time and trap speed in it...

So will I be able to hit 21-23 psi with a non-hd adjustable actuator and a rjc boost controller?

Go for it...

Keep us posted...

The stock intercooler will kill me but we'll see how much the cooling effect of 100% E-85 will help. I do have a stock location 24 row MEASE IC I could put it :biggrin:

Hey Razor, you know anyone running AEM Tru Boost controller/Gauge ??

for those who seek to go fast on the stock stuff you should definatly study ed brewer's combo and results.the key was definatly running alky and replacing alot of fuel.if memory serves 28psi 28 degrees of timimg through 1,2,and a slight knockback to 26 psi in 3rd.interesting enough i think he went 11.5 or 11.6 on stock intercooler no dutt neck.

Your not going to control boost like you think with the stock style WG.. AEM, Greddy, Eboost, etc..

Ed's car had an RJC and a HD actuator. His boost in high gear dropped big time.. that little turbo runs out of air. Understand his trap speed was like 116 in 50 degree 5 o'clock in the afternoon perfect weather. And... being extremely meticulous about what changes were being made to the car.. keeping books.. etc.

I may be wrong, but high gear boost was like 23 PSI.

Tons of alky.. tons of timing.. great driver.. weather.. opportunitty.. put it all together.. there youhave it.

FWIW the run was backed up with an 11.44 same day ;)

Your not going to control boost like you think with the stock style WG.. AEM, Greddy, Eboost, etc..

Agreed. I haven't recieved the AEM yet, but I've noticed much better boost control ( no matter what controller )on my GN which has an ATR external Deltagate on it. Going to use the AEM boost controller on the T for a while and then move it to the GN , when i get it back together :biggrin:

You won't know until you try.... but you might. I don't think Eric charges to re-do the chip as long as injector size is the same.

FWIW, I ran 60# injectors with my stock turbo and Eric's chip... on a daily driver... and loved them.

Quick question. What if any, sort of increase in throttle response did you notice, when you switched from stock to mototrons. And does erics chips help out with throttle response at all?

Quick question. What if any, sort of increase in throttle response did you notice, when you switched from stock to mototrons. And does erics chips help out with throttle response at all?

Prior to installing the chip/injectors... I had installed a used translator... Big Mouth cold air kit with an LS1 MAF meter ... and a 3-1/2" MAF pipe....

Seems like I installed the 60's... the translator... an extender chip.....LS1 MAF meter.... etc... all at one time. Mikes chip idled and part throttle was pretty good....at least as good part throttle as stock........ but was real fat on a WOT blast.... also seems like I couldn't adjust timing differently from 1st/2nd ... to 3rd and 4th...

Motrons had absolutely no negative effects even though my combo was 99.5% stock... at stock boost levels.

I then bought a used TT chip on the board.....The chip was for 60's and alky. The car never ran better....and the chip wasn't even cut for my car!. My throttle response was great... and WOT was great.... maybe it was in my head....

HTH

I then bought a used TT chip on the board.....The chip was for 60's and alky. The car never ran better....and the chip wasn't even cut for my car!. My throttle response was great... and WOT was great.... maybe it was in my head.... HTH

Its not in your head :D

So I'm about to install alky on my 85 hot air. I have #60 injectors. A walbro fuel pump, Accufab fpr, turbo tweek chip for 91 octane. Big mouth cold air intake kit and switching to the 87 ecm.does anyone know the max boost psi I can run with this set up? Any other sujjestions are welcome and I don't have a scanner yet but i will n a matter of weeks

None until you install a Scanmaster.

So I'm about to install alky on my 85 hot air. I have #60 injectors. A walbro fuel pump, Accufab fpr, turbo tweek chip for 91 octane. Big mouth cold air intake kit and switching to the 87 ecm.does anyone know the max boost psi I can run with this set up? Any other sujjestions are welcome and I don't have a scanner yet but i will n a matter of weeks
You're better off in the hot air section. I know the 86/87 cars have a slightly bigger turbo than us hot air cars. Once you push the tur o past it's efficiency it creates more heat so it might not be beneficial to crank the boost with a stock turbo.

the stock turbo can do 23psi max and 34 degrees timing max. done it. with VP C-16 fuel

the stock turbo can do 23psi max and 34 degrees timing max. done it. with VP C-16 fuel
Search Ed Brewer here on the site. Stock turbo, Stock long block, Stock IC w/dutt neck.. 11.37 at 116.5 92 octane and meth injection.
1st gear was 28 psi, high gear 23 psi. Timing 28 degree's turbo tweak chip

The better the air the more boost the stock turbo will make. Some days it might make 23 and some days it might make 28 at flash stall. Expect it to drop as rpm increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk