Making progress with 60ft

johnplogii

Senior citizen
After seeing several guys in TSM running the 275 hoosier radials, I decided to put mine back on & put some good shocks on the front. Made three passes today & set a new best by far. Went 5.76 at 116.5 mph with a 1.25 60ft! Previous best was 5.94 and all of my 9.36-9.37 runs were 5.94-5.95. Sure wish I would have been at a 1/4 mile track. Car weighed 3430 on the scales the other day. I'll keep working on trying to get up the video (been trying for an hour). Here is a crappy picture of the slip.

Attachments

• IMAG0256.jpg
    IMAG0256.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 499
That is just plain awesome!
What rearend do you have? Do have instant center adjustments?

Stock rear with spool/33 spline axles. I have the lower brackets on the rearend side that only work on slow cars. They are similar to what a southside bar would be.

Congrats John that awesome dude I've only pull one 1.29 that that gettin it done bud give me a call when you get time next week .

IRON HEADS to the front baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Ronnie-I have fought with this car for four years trying to get it to 60ft. I sure like these afco shocks.

Chet-yes I use a transbrake & my converter is from Dusty Bradford (PTC)

Randy-Thanks man I'll call you. IHRTCTTFMF!!!

Dusty-Can you even fit 35's in a 10 bolt? Seems like these were the biggest I could get when I bought them. Might need to step up to a 9 in and some rear discs soon. Brakes are one of the next upgrades, I don't think I want to push the stock ones much further.

John Plog

I thought 35's were now available but after a quick search I'm sure I was wrong. 33 looks to be as big as you can fit in a 8.5.

Congrats John You got that thing figured out.

Hope to see you in TSM next year.

R/T .410

60' 1.257

330' 3.663

660' 5.760

MPH 116.53

Thanks for typing it in there Jason, I took about fifteen pictures of the timeslip with two different cameras, changing settings & that was the only one you could even try to read. Can't get the camcorder to communicate with the computer so I will have to borrow one to post the video. I plan on trying to make more races next year. Does anyone know the dates for reynolds?

I don't know how fast others have 60'd, but I do know this thing should go a little quicker when I tighten the front up more. It came at least a foot off the ground (clocks must be kinda high) plus I briefly pedaled it one second into the run. 7.9 psi launch, don't know if it will take more launch boost yet.

is that with the front tires or back tires tripping the 60ft id imagine front with that low ? what trans brake an is it a 2004r ?

It was with the front tires for sure, that is why I said the clocks must be fairly high because in the video it carries them pretty far. I run a Brian Hofer 2004-r with his transbrake.

That's getting it done! Good job John. Thanks for hanging around to make sure I was ok after I found the wall. I am just glad I did not hit you. Go to this on youtube and you can see how close I came to hitting you. Bowling Green,KY Fall 2011 055.MOV

Chris, so glad you are ok.

1.25 & 1.28 I can see happening especially with a TH350 or 200r4. Looking at the video of the final round at BG, I went 1.33 on the back tires. Hard to get a consistant 60 when the front tires trip the beams sometimes and then sometimes not.