making a playlist for ipod--Help plse

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
OK i have new ipod and a buddie downloaded some songs on it,,I also have an itunes accnt and have added some songs,the ones I added are in my itunes acct..but thats it...i have 200 songs that are not,,i want to add them to the itunes acct so i can delete some and make dif folders for my ipod..how the heck do i get those 200 songs to my puter/itunes..i have tried the net...figure tb guys are smarter then the average person out there.;);)

I send my music to the desktop, then import it to i-tunes. Then just drag the tracks to the Ipod.

Thnks DD,but i have some on my Ipod that i want to put on the cpu,so that i can then delete some songs i dont want..

can't you just access the ipod like any other drive and drag/drop songs in and out as you please?
that's what i do with the usb thumbdrive that i plug into my car stereo.
and i hope you aren't paying money to Apple for songs that you already have on cd- you can use Windows Media Player to take songs off your cd's and convert them to mp3's, which you can then load onto the ipod.

If you have an iPod with music on it that you don't have on your PC...I'm pretty sure you'll lose that music when you go to sync it. Not sure though. I know when I bought my Dad an 8G Nano I also bought him an 8Gig thumb drive that I put all the MP3s on too just in case.

I hate iTunes. I don't like that I have to select by each individual song, I don't understand why we can't select by artist or albums too so we can do selections in mass (or else I just don't know how to do that either). I have 2700 songs on my iPod...it's a PITA.

Forget Itunes. Go to limewire and download songs for free. I have been downloading songs from there for like 10 years now. Never had an issues. Thousands of songs for free.

I use Itunes to search for songs and then play the small 30 or so second clips to see if I like the song. It's insane to pay $1.00 for each song when u can get for free.

You can set up the download filter to automatically import into Itunes after you download a song from Limewire.

Isn't Limewire a shareware type program? If so I can only hope there's some sort of built in protection for viruses and junk.

I know I used to have Win Mix....got lots of songs for free, also got myself LOTS of bugs on the computer, plus some of the songs were not of stellar quality.

At least with itunes, 9 times out of 10 the sound quality is good.

I used to be able to upload songs from disc to pc to itunes before my CD rom broke, good old Dell.

There's some software that's online for like $13 bux or so. I was able to take ALL my stuff from an old Ipod as well as off the hard drive and transfer them all to the ipod in one shot without loosing everything. It's all my own stuff and it's all legal.

While it's probably easier and cheaper to download music for free, it's not worth the potential hassle of RIAA trying to come after you for illegal music "theft"- Personally, i don't need the hassle. I think I can afford to spend a buck to buy a song I like. What I never liked was having to buy a whole record for one or two good songs... (yes, I said record...;))

Maybe, one day, we might even see the day where we can get cable/satellite that way. I hate spending $40 bux a month for the maybe 10 channels I actually watch...:mad:

Isn't Limewire a shareware type program?
Yes, just sharred info. I run a virus scan pretty much every day for insurance.

There are other programs that share music as well. Limewire is just the easiest imo and is linked right to Itunes so when I download from Limewire they automatically go into my Itunes library and I don't have to drag each song in there.

http://www.limewire.com/