Makes me sick (New Orleans victims)

This is a good conversation... :smile:

UNGN, I agree with the fact that poverty in this country is a doing of the people, and its not the government's or our faults.. It just seems the populus didn't care before the disaster and pretty much ignored it. Now everyone is in a state of panic and wants to somehow solve it, not realizing it is impossible. There will always exist some percentage of people living in poverty because some people just dont want to work or attempt to excel in America. It's the greatness of America that allows these people to do whatever they want.

My bud Jermain, who dropped out of highschool is getting by with 2 cars, apartment, a child, and a gf. Sure, he works his a$$ off, but thats the life he chose. He even has time & some money to play with his stang.

You get one life, you pick the path... :)

Phil

Perhaps its real easy to judge "these people" as ive been portrayed in that manner...The poor minority and uneducated that will amount to a drain on the econmy

When I was young and dirt a$$ poor welfare and a local chuch gave us can goods to make it :eek: with a 100% disabled veteran for a father and a mexican national mother I never knew the finer things in life only what the streets had to offer (no silver spoon in my mouth)

I was fortunte to get a good job and pull myself out very hard but possible I have strived and work hard and have alot (see my combo that will tell you) and want to give my kids what I didnt have

Johnny

my point is that I can understand how SOME of "these people" cant get out of poverty becuase of their past history or were theve been

Either way it sucks for all those affected by the hurricane poor or wealthy everyting is gone

Well at least "you people" got some welfare.I grew up dirt poor too.My parents made bad decisions and still pay for them to this day.We lived in a "ghetto" neighborhood.They still do,I don't.

My parents lost both their jobs for a good while,lost a house ,and a car.They went to get some food stamps to help for a little while.Guess what they were told.

They were told that the car they owned was too new (2 yrs old) even though it was being reposessed.WTF does that have anything to do with a person needing some help.You pay for it in case you need it,but better hope your car isn't too new.

But don't tell that to the ghetto pimp in his new mercedes at the welfare office.That would be racism.The true racism is that if you are some kind of ethnic group other than white,its easy to get and keep welfare.But if you are white there is a whole different set of rules for you.

Now, WHO'S RACIST?

I can honestly say I have never lived on welfare,but not because we never needed it.Somehow my parents got past it for us kids.Why can't "those people"?

Give it a break man,its their fault and it has nothing to do with where they've been.What they've done maybe,but thats still their fault.

Dam Six Gun I guess we are alike :eek:

I understand yours and everyones point about many in New Orleans But.... hey if there were to many like you or too many like me this country wouldnt last trust me so theres got to be a balance and I hope that I can atleast show to sides of the problem

Many thoughts on this post and I would like to thank many for keeping it CLEAN

Johnny

badboy86gn2 said:
Dam Six Gun I guess we are alike :eek:

I understand yours and everyones point about many in New Orleans But.... hey if there were to many like you or too many like me this country wouldnt last trust me so theres got to be a balance and I hope that I can atleast show to sides of the problem

Many thoughts on this post and I would like to thank many for keeping it CLEAN

Johnny

Yep.

Now maybe you can understand why I am pretty hardnosed about some things.Our lifestyles here in this country have made us increasingly weak.Welfare IMHO weakens peole more than it helps.There are far more that abuse the system than use it correctly.

The people in NO as plain to see are mostly black.Now before anyone yells something rude,hear me out.

They have more options available to them to improve their position in life based solely on their skin color (not character,which it should be based on) than I ever had as a white male.There are no whiteboy college funds,and they would scream to high heaven if there were.

Martin Luther King even said it himself.

"I have a dream.That someday my children will be judged by the content of their character,not the color of their skin."

Unfortunately,alot of minorities have missed his point and went in the opposite direction.They want everything to be based solely on color.Instead of the person who needs it most,or has put in the effort to deserve it.

TTA,yes it is true.Too bad it will fall on deaf ears.Probably will definitely not be heard by those who need to hear it.