Makes me sick (New Orleans victims)

badboy86gn2

"lord be with me"
I cant belive the $hit im reading about this subject on the politcal board
People saying Ive wouldve got out (BULL $HIT) the people that were able to leave left those that couldnt didnt some people just dont have the means

As for stealing...Hey Ill do WHAT EVER IT TAKES to protect and support my family I dont care what color your skin is or what beliefs and values you think you have when the $hit gose down all that gose out the window

I find it amazing how people can post and bitch about something 90% of them never experinced... Until then STFU

Then some are saying oh watts lutting notice that these are the same people doing all the damage and we should let it stay underwater :mad: I notice more and more non direct RACIST remarks and it makes me sick

I know that what comes around gose around and perhaps when it comes around to these people they dont ask why but just take it like they gave it

Johnny

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A

I hope in times like this we can unite and overcome what has came upon us
these AMERICANS need our help :confused:

sicker

I'm all for pepole taking care of their own in times of need especialy in times of incomprehesable crisis like the pepole in the gulf states are facing. People have to do what ever it takes to make sure theirs are cared for,be it clothes,food,clean drinking water,medicine,whatever.But, floating an inflatable kodiac piled high with 50-60 pairs of new NIKE shoes fresh out of the under water foot locker down Beinville street on national television ain't exactly surviving.My heart goes out the most for the police and fire and rescue and the like who have to leave THEIR families and flooded homes and up rooted lives to risk getting shot by some douchebags LOOTING the FOOD KING.Its just a jacked up situation with no easy or right answers,just lots of opinions.And this is mine.

It is really starting to look like the Mayor,Governer, and Fema did a PISS POOr job in predicting what a Hurricane can do. Someone did not do their job, A direct Hurricane hit! No military water trucks Nothing . Helicopers could have brought water and food to those people instead of letting them die.

I guess all that stuff went over to the tsunamy relief in one days time frame.

Did anyone read the NOAA statement the day before the Hurricane hit?

It basically said You will die if you stay in New Orleans.

I don't know what people think the federal government is supposed to do for you, but the reality is, you are on your own. If you believe the government can protect you from natural disasters, hopefully this will be a wakeup call to you.

I MOSTLY able bodied people that were "riding out the storm". If they had the left the city like they were told, the rescue efforts could focus on those that aren't able bodied that rode out the storm in hospitals and the superdome.

People in NO b!tching about not getting rescued. But, the rescue choppers being shot at, WTF?????? Pretty good reason why the choppers aren't flying any more. One of my wife's uncles works for a tour bus company whose entire fleet is volunteered to do rescue work. The owner is doing a great service to the victims. But, he would not send his people or equipment in without armed law enforcement on each bus.
John

I saw on the news last night they were talking to 2 of the refugees at the astrodome.

Is it me,or do all these people seem real stupid?

I'm serious.Just listen to them.

One of them was complaining that the food they were given by the people in the superdome was not "eatable" and was bitching about them not feeding them hot meals.Duh,stupid...no power,no way to cook for 20,000 people.Take your MRE and STFU.

I heard another guy say that the city of NO govt,shut off the power and left them,I mean do you not notice that everything is 8 ft underwater?How is it that they could just turn it back on like he suggested?

This place had to be the biggest trailer park in the whole USA.

They got feet,they can walk.Not my responsibility to pay for them being dead beat losers.Which of course most of that city was made up of.This is why decent people get jobs and own cars.I don't want to hear that crap about they can't take care of themselves.

You're damn right it's their own fault for the mess they're in right now. And how are they gonna make any progress with thugs raping, shooting at people, and looting for non essential items? They had plenty of time to get out before the storm hit. If I lived in a city below sea level you better believe I'm outta there...duh! Seemed like the people "riding" it out were the thugs who saw it as a perfect time to loot.

UNGN said:
Did anyone read the NOAA statement the day before the Hurricane hit?

WWUS74 KLIX 281550
NPWLIX

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA
1011 AM CDT SUN AUG 28 2005

...DEVASTATING DAMAGE EXPECTED...

.HURRICANE KATRINA...A MOST POWERFUL HURRICANE WITH UNPRECEDENTED
STRENGTH...RIVALING THE INTENSITY OF HURRICANE CAMILLE OF 1969.

MOST OF THE AREA WILL BE UNINHABITABLE FOR WEEKS...PERHAPS LONGER. AT
LEAST ONE HALF OF WELL CONSTRUCTED HOMES WILL HAVE ROOF AND WALL
FAILURE. ALL GABLED ROOFS WILL FAIL...LEAVING THOSE HOMES SEVERELY
DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.

THE MAJORITY OF INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS WILL BECOME NON FUNCTIONAL.
PARTIAL TO COMPLETE WALL AND ROOF FAILURE IS EXPECTED. ALL WOOD
FRAMED LOW RISING APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL BE DESTROYED. CONCRETE
BLOCK LOW RISE APARTMENTS WILL SUSTAIN MAJOR DAMAGE...INCLUDING SOME
WALL AND ROOF FAILURE.

HIGH RISE OFFICE AND APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL SWAY DANGEROUSLY...A
FEW TO THE POINT OF TOTAL COLLAPSE. ALL WINDOWS WILL BLOW OUT.

AIRBORNE DEBRIS WILL BE WIDESPREAD...AND MAY INCLUDE HEAVY ITEMS SUCH
AS HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES AND EVEN LIGHT VEHICLES. SPORT UTILITY
VEHICLES AND LIGHT TRUCKS WILL BE MOVED. THE BLOWN DEBRIS WILL CREATE
ADDITIONAL DESTRUCTION. PERSONS...PETS...AND LIVESTOCK EXPOSED TO THE
WINDS WILL FACE CERTAIN DEATH IF STRUCK.

POWER OUTAGES WILL LAST FOR WEEKS...AS MOST POWER POLES WILL BE DOWN
AND TRANSFORMERS DESTROYED. WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING
INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF NATIVE TREES WILL BE SNAPPED OR UPROOTED. ONLY
THE HEARTIEST WILL REMAIN STANDING...BUT BE TOTALLY DEFOLIATED. FEW
CROPS WILL REMAIN. LIVESTOCK LEFT EXPOSED TO THE WINDS WILL BE
KILLED.

AN INLAND HURRICANE WIND WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR
HURRICANE FORCE...OR FREQUENT GUSTS AT OR ABOVE HURRICANE FORCE...ARE
CERTAIN WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.

ONCE TROPICAL STORM AND HURRICANE FORCE WINDS ONSET...DO NOT VENTURE
OUTSIDE!

I'm sorry.. I've NEVER heard such a grim statement made by NOAA. I would have skipped town a LONG time ago! I would have packed my family in my gas guzzling SUV along with essential items and got outta town. I understand some of these people didn't have an SUV or even a car to get out of town, but there were busses and other means to evacuate. EVACUATE! Even if I had to go by foot... I would have got out!

I agree and don't agree with some things 1 you should have been trying dam hard to get out of town ! 3 days warning is what they had. LISTEN !!!!
2 yes you had some people stay because they knew others would be gone and they could go out a steal everyone elses shiet. I hope those are the people they find floating face down.
Now I also Belive in those 3 days there was time for the mayor / governor to organize the mass transit system and bring in outside coach to transport people out of the hardest hit path. As they knew the area would flood. Yes the superdome was a good idea. However a little farther out like reliant where they are now is much better / safer. Radio emergency broadcast system/ news to annouce pickup times of residents who are unable to leave and locations. That would have been ideal.

anyone who thinks people are not trying to help go to HELL me and the wife sent $200.00 to the red cross Now where are all the people who helped with the flooding in asia...............

I'll tell you, this is one ignorant board! Im sure people who could leave did, are many of you aware how poor this part of the country is? Many of these people dont have cars, dont have a big bank account, didn't have anywhere to go. This country has never seen a storm like this in its history! Im sure they didn't think it would be this devistating, I dont give a **** what NOAA said, they were going off of past hurricanes. As far as looting, steal to eat, fine, steal for a tv, shoot em in the head, and these rapes and gangs and SOBs with guns, shoot em TWICE! But give me a break, take away your car and your bank account and tell me how your geniuses would get out of town with no help? What a bunch of *******s on this board.

and here's how stupid we look to the rest of the world with our incompetent Republican run government.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/02/MTFH62797_2005-09-02_14-16-45_BAU248384.html

I think we need to look at the whole picture before we form opinions and judgments. There are people in N.O. who are looting and stealing non essential items, but from what I have seen the majority of the poeple are not. I think there is what 30,000 people gathered in hungry, stinking, and furious mobs trying to get on a bus to get out of the city not 30,000 people out running around looting the city. You have to think about it logically most of these people just want to go somewhere sanitary where they can take showers, eat, and be safe, and if they are too busy looting then they aren't going to catch a bus. Yeah the people made a mistake staying in the city, but I think most of us should be able to look at their situation with some compassion. There are two sides to every story. Many of them can't drive and probably walk to most places they need to go, because they are poor! Me and my family aren't poor by any means, but with the gas prices being the way they are I hate going places unless its absolutely neccasary. It's not smart IMO to spend 18 dollars on gas to get an ice cream cone from Mc Donalds or mess with the Gn to try out some new parts. Highinsight is 20/20 I'm sure these people would of taken out a loan or sold all they had to get out of town if they knew for sure that they would be in the situation they are in now. Many of you would say that the people should of known because the governement was telling them they need to get out. Well if it is such a neccessity and the government knew for a fact this catastrophe would happen why are they spending millions and maybe billions of dollars on relief efforts after the storm to meta flight and bus refugees. When they could of bused the remaining people out of the city before the storm hit wouldn't that have been a smarter idea, if you look at it that way we could of saved millions of dollars. I think some of the refugees are making wrong choices by shooting at helicopters and ect. But to my understanding they are shooting at them and not actually hitting them. Maybe they are shooting at helicopters to let them know they are pissed off, and for good reason I'm sure if we were in that situation we would be pissed too. They are sitting there starving and stinking with dead people all around them. While the troops and news journalists are all around them while with their bellies full. Then after the journalists are done they get on their helicopter and fly home, while the people are left their watching their children starve and grand parents die. I'm not sure how many of you feel but I almost break down and cry everytime I see the faces of desperation and hopelessness of the refugees on t.v. I think we should stop looking at Democrats, Republicans, Bush, or even the looters as enemies. Nobody is perfect and we all should realize that. The enemy here was the storm and the refugees and the other people who fled are the victims. We need to stop pointing fingers, because what does that do? I think we should instead do all we can to help whether its send money, open up our houses, or some people could help alot by keeping their mouths shut and stop criticizing. Anyways this is just my 2 cents I'm just an 18 year old kid who thinks this is a time for us to come together as 1 and not choose sides.

smokin'6 said:
and here's how stupid we look to the rest of the world with our incompetent Republican run government.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/02/MTFH62797_2005-09-02_14-16-45_BAU248384.html

Yeah the Republican governor of Lousianna and the Republican Mayor of New Orleans look pretty bad now.

Dude, what does politics have to do with it?

Natural disasters happen. Is it the Incompetent Republican run government's fault that people are dirt ass poor in a prosperous city, flush with oil revenues?

Is it the Incompetent Republican run government's fault that section of levee that WAS JUST UPGRADED, failed?

Who cares what idiots in Foreign countries are saying, anyway? France had 10,000 people die last year because of a lack of air conditioning.

When Bad stuff happens to them, we won't laugh at their misfortune, but will help them recover.

pontiac69fb said:
Many of you would say that the people should of known because the governement was telling them they need to get out. Well if it is such a neccessity and the government knew for a fact this catastrophe would happen why are they spending millions and maybe billions of dollars on relief efforts after the storm to meta flight and bus refugees. When they could of bused the remaining people out of the city before the storm hit wouldn't that have been a smarter idea, if you look at it that way we could of saved millions of dollars.

That's not the Government's job. In the US, we expect people to take responsibility for themselves. EVERYONE was told to evacuate the city. Safe places were available to those that were unable to evacuate (Hospitals and the Superdome)

It was the people that COULD have evacuated, but CHOSE NOT TO that caused the problems when they showed up at the Superdome, making the Evacuation efforts 5X to 10X harder.

These people aren't as "poor" as you think. Most lived in a house and had a working car they drove to work in every day.

You're still young, so you maybe haven't learned to "never rely on the Government" yet. It doesn't matter who is in the whitehouse, either. NOTHING would have been different if a Democrat was President. Let this be your first lesson in Government 101. I'm sure there will be many.

Watch the evil corporations and religious, rightwing churches swoop in save the day. Watch the media focus on the whiners and complainers who were too dumb to leave and not the hundreds of Thousands of people who were smart enough to get out being helped by private citizens in communities across the south with food, shelter clothes, etc.

My family in NO left on Saturday when they issued the advisory to LEAVE for the whole city and coastal region.

I'm sorry but, if you live in a city below sea level with the US's largest river and the gulf covering over 50% of your state, you have to know that a hurricane is something to take seriously.

Sure, some people didn't have the means to get out, but a lot of people stayed because of the last 2 hurricanes that didn't do much damage. They thought it would be the same.

BTW...I hope all the looters and scum die from the infectious water they are wading through to steal, kill and cause problems.

FYI...both the GOV and Mayor of LA/NO are Democrats. "Gov. Kathleen Blanco (search), who like Nagin is a Democrat, was less confrontational than the mayor."

Being from the Florida coast AND surviving 2 virtually direct hits in less than 12 months you must understand what goes on in your head before, during, and after the strike.
1.Denial that it will be as bad as the officials say or I'm safe where I'm at.
2.I don't want to leave everything I've worked and saved for to evacuate to a strange place and risk loosing it all to looters.
3.It can't get any worse(it usually does though)
4.My stuff is damaged/gone and i have no power.
5.When is some help going to arrive ie.food,water,ice,fuel.
6.Traffic is a virtual standstill everywhere.
7.Who's going to take advantage of not having power to jepordize security of my family and posessions (looters).
8.Who's next in line to attempt to price gouge on roof repair,tree removal,clean up efforts..most estimates are 2-3x's the pre storm prices.
9.How long are the lines for MRE,ice,gas,water?
Based on the responses of Government agencies during Ivan and Dennis to my area, I believe they did a good job. Mass mobilization takes time,things will start coming together for the necessities for life. These people made (for the most part) a concience decision to stay believing it wouldn't be that bad or saw an opportunity to steal due to massive evacuation. Hampering the rescue efforts by shootings and starting fires is stupid. Patience is what is required,and helping anyone that is less fortunate in this situation. "Evacuate" means leave by any means, it is not a suggestion. I have stayed so far through them all,but when the officials say to go due to the estimated devastation,I will assure my familys safety any way I can. I would not wait until the gov. supplied me with transportation and adequate lodgings before I left. Take away my cars and money, I have enough will to ensure the survival of my family to overcome these obstacles and enough faith in the American people to provide some type of "assistance" to ease my plight.

I know we shouldn't rely on the government to do everything for us, but many of us car guys know sometimes we make mistakes. How many of us have ever blown a head gasket or messed up our cars street racing or hot rodding around all which is illegal on the street anyway. How many times after something whent wrong have we come here asking for help, because we are unsure of how to fix the problem. Is it anyones responsibility to help you fix the problem? Most of the people on here are kind hearted enough to help you with advice on how to fix your car anyways, even though you did something illegal and probably stupid. So if we try to help people fix cars even when they make stupid mistakes. When a person is looting or doing something stupid, like staying in a city that was about to be hit by a 4 hurricane. Do we say well they are stupid and should of known that would happen, or they shouldn't be looting so I don't care what happens to them its their fault anyways. What if someone where to be like that with you? People make mistakes which of us haven't, but we need to treat these people like we treat our fellow car guy when they need help. If a guy just blew a hg from racing most people wouldn't say haha sucks for you, you should of ran race gas or alky. Most people would say man that sucks I've been there before here is what you do next. Or even if they never have had that happened they would say man I feel for you, if there is anything I can to do help let me know. So maybe we should look at these people in that way. They know they messed up staying there we all know that, lets just move on and try to help them, and not just point out the obvious. They know for the next time then when the government says evacuate then to do just that. Anyways does the situation they are in remind anyone of the movie War of the Worlds where they are all trying to evacuate and the mob Tom Cruise and his family to get their car just kinda interesting to draw a couple of comparisons.

People keep making excuses for them because they are poor.Thats bull!

Take away my car and bank account,I still have 2 feet and three days to walk my butt off.Heck maybe even thumb a ride on I 10.Hop a doggone train or something! Don't be an idiot.

Those people are poor because they refuse to better themselves.I don't care how mean you think I am,I say leave them.They were useless before the storm and they will continue to be useless.might even save some tax money on them,not just in saving them but supporting them and their 13 kids on welfare all their life.

It's sad some people have so much hatred in their heart they actually like the idea of leaving people to die. Maybe if you are ever in the situation where you need help, because lets face it none of us are superman and can do everything. So we'll see who comes and helps you, if you are ever in the position to where you need assistance. It shouldn't matter if they are poor, black, or white when it comes down to it they are still "PEOPLE" if your family were stuck in that position maybe your eldery mom or grand mom who didn't happened to make it out for w.e. reason maybe she was in the hospital. Would you still hold the opinion just leave them? Remember you might recieve assistance from tax payers when you start collecting social security. Before you start making statements like that maybe you should look up the definition of EMPATHY!

There is no hate here just honesty.

At least if someone had to help me they know they would get it in return.What we get for helping most of these losers is the chance to keep them on welfare.

BTW,I would not get in a situation like that,simply because I am smarter than that.If I were there,I would have been hoofing it out as soon as possible,not looking for NIKE's.People are in charge of their own destiny.

The idea that god created all men equal is baloney.Some men are just naturally smarter,stronger,faster,etc than others for a reason.Intelligence is not learned it is inherited and these people will just spread stupidity through their children.Sorry if you can't accept reality.

Honestly the world would be a better place WITHOUT some people dragging us down.You have those who CAN,and those who WON'T.

I have never asked for help and never will,a real man can figure out his problems without help.But maybe I think this way because i was in the military and I know that people are only helpless if they want to be.

sixgun86gn said:
The idea that god created all men equal is baloney.

Ok well the statement alone pretty much tells a thousand words. You say that there is no hate on your part "only honesty". If you honestly say that you will leave people to die and that you don't hate them. I would love to see what you would like to do to people you hate. Seriously though hate and wishing death goes hand and hand in my book. You thinking you can do everything on your own is a joke. I have not been in the military, but from my understanding when you go to fight lets say in Iraq there is a team of people some who are field nurses, generals, gunners, and ect. We don't send in 1 super soldier who can go take care of everything on his own. Lets say a guy is critcally wounded and has his leg blown off. Does the field rescue team say oh this guy is useless he can't fight anymore, and will only be a drain on society since he can no longer function normally we should just leave him. Or is the mentality that soldiers have is that no man left behind and that every life is precious. Lets say you have a son who was out they're trying to help people evacuate, and he is trapped in N.O. would you say he is stupid for trying to help and that he should die with all the other losers or would you be like thats my son and we should do everything possible to make sure he is safe and bring him home? There are other ways to drag society down then being poor and I think you found a good 1 by having a hateful, and unsympathetic spirit.