Major change

Originally posted by Jicaju
Yeh were did you get that MAF pipe? I bought one from Johnsperformance it was to short also.

To be honest.. I dont know where/who made it. I will find out and put out the info. As long as i've been with the TTA's.. I had never seen on of these from a vendor..

Great question..

RD had made me a longer one for my 'ol TTA fwiw.

Re: Re: Major change

Originally posted by 89ICBM

YO Julio!

You must have caught wind of my changes! I didn't go as big on the turbo as you did, that's definitely a 4" or bigger intake but, I'm still playing with that "way too big" cam, you remember it, 276/270, YALZAAAA! It's the same cam Conley used when he set the single turbo record in Tweaked and I did go big enough on thu turbo to get the GT compressor wheel. Oh yea, I did move to a stage block for thu MONGRL (1231) by thu way. HEY! This s*** is gettin really expensive! I see cat food in my future retirement plans. :) I may be old but I ain't slow!:D

WOW.. this car has a little ruggles 210/205 cam.. not for long tho :) Dont think i'll go any higher than a 218/218 roller. Heads are Champion, as is the intake.. ohh.. i'm letting info out. :D

All the power in the world is no good if you cant put it to the ground or get kicked out of the track.

Put some pixs up of the buildup..

its not the car from noth jersey hehehe
186966_19_full.jpg

wrong color cage and it looks like its a bar car not a cage car anf i have the little turbo 6 emblem on my block

goog luck with the car

george

Thanks. I am going to BG and could tell if that was our turbo shield. That would be kinda cool. Good luck with the car it looks real nice. How many miles?

Jason

The bar on that car was bent so the t-tops could be stored that way. Yes its only legal to 10.00's. based on mods its a Baby George's car :) very similar suspension setup..

What have I started here :)

Jason .. this is going to hurt some of the purists.. 17k :eek:

Doesnt hurt me :eek: . Our car would hurt the purists too just not as bad. Can't wait to see it in BG. Guess the race with Joe won't be fair. Are you driving or towing????

Jason :D

hmmmm
Not too many bar TTAs out there with low mileage....

I will have to talk with Joe Jr about the TTA, perhaps it was in Noble OK a few years ago, was having transmission issues.

Your new one looks good from these past pics, hopefully it runs as well as it looks;)

Getting closer to BG :)

BW

Ok.. finally I can spill the beans.

Here are the specs.. 17,200 miles original owner car. Original paperwork, dealer invoices, window stickers, owners kit, etc..

Mods.. :eek:

Currie 9 inch with auburn posi and disc brakes
PMAC tranny with BAT brake
Art Carr 9 inch converter
Billet mains and total seal rings
Random Tech adj TQ arm
SSM subframes
5 point chrome moly bar
FAST with 83 lb inj
Champion ported intake, heads, headers
DeQuick front mount
Ruggles 210/205
TE64-e turbo
MSD DIS-4
line lock
drive shaft loop
under drive pulley
etc...

Cal Hartline worked on the motor, and built its bar. Removable side.

I'll try and snap some pixs.. heres a link to whats been taken.

New TTA

Here's a time slip from 2001

and

Humm..should my sig say 10's :rolleyes:

hehe

Originally posted by Razor

Here's a time slip from 2001

and

Humm..should my sig say 10's :rolleyes:

hehe

HMM seems odd your old car went 11.009 at 125 and it wasnt a racecar :eek:

Well, glad you kept with the TTA and didnt get a mustang;)

You are going to put on a bigger turbo right?

BW

Bryan,
The 10 sec pass was on a chip. The 101.12 pass was on a startup program on the FAST. Think with a 1.4xx and a 101+ it should of run 6.70-6.80's. It has a 25 PSI boost guage on the pillar.. I think that needs to go :D. I dont know what boost was being run to make these numbers. Guess would be 24-25 PSI

My car never broke 100 in the 1/8 dialed in and all. Best it ran back in Jan was a 99.4 at a 7.02 as well and a better 60 foot 1.52 but this was at 25 PSI.

Both cars would run each other down performance wise.. this one is just a few steps ahead of mine suspension and motor wise. And should be a lot more reliable I hopes in the susension dept.

GTQ70 and a 212-218 roller are in the works after I shake the bugs out.. Gotta start at the back and work my way to the front going through everything.. be a few weeks before I hit the 1/8 mile track. Like to see some 6.50's @ 106 out of it at 28-30 PSI. On pump gas.

Race car.. hehe.. its all relative..

Guess my first new mod ;)

Joe is gonna have to step it up at BG :)

At least its already seen a 10 second pass 4 real.

Get them Rrrrriibbbzzzzz ready...

LOL- Yes the ribs are in the works:D

Im sure your first mod will beee......... RJC boost controller;)

The car looks super sweet, so glad you kept with a TTA, they are baddd asss cars, ask me how i know...

You are correct, you have a 10 second car but to put in your sig your going to have to make the pass yourself.
That shouldnt be too far down the road!

Im sure its going to haul some major butt, dont stop till you hit 9s, matter of fact, i dont know of too many 9 second TTAs out there, but your going to need to keep her together :)

Surely that combo is good for mid 10s on 92 and meth.

keep us posted

BW

Guess my first new mod ;)
A wing, some flashy stickers, and a Sony PlayStation would compliment it well :D
Maybe one of those alky kits would fit nicely too ;)

Nice car Julio, can't wait to see it in person!

julio,

it looks like postal isnt bringing his car to the nats. are you gonna take his place in the gn vs. tta grudge match.

i promise ill be gentle.

p.s. the car looks verrrrry perty

Hey get Postal to stop drinkin beer and slap on a couple HG's on that car. Not that we havent said this already..

If I have this car shaken down by BG.. absolutely.. i'm bringing a roll of WOOP'd tickets with me.. you'll have the honors of getting the first one :D Along with that comes a shirt "WOOP'd by Razor"

Let me know your size so I get a properly sized one.. :eek:

:D

Sounds like my car with 2 major differences
1) I'll bet you paid 1/2 of what I have into mine
2) your car runs

Run the daylights out of it!

Hey get Postal to stop drinkin beer and slap on a couple HG's on that car. Not that we havent said this already..

If I have this car shaken down by BG.. absolutely.. i'm bringing a roll of WOOP'd tickets with me.. you'll have the honors of getting the first one :D Along with that comes a shirt "WOOP'd by Razor"

Let me know your size so I get a properly sized one.. :eek:

:D

Damn, 6:06am and you come up with that?
No wonder your posts always look better than mine, i never know what to say:D
Sounds to me like Postal needs to get it to BG, but please dont go postal there;)
BW

this first lane is reserved for postal(represented by razor). ill be nice and give you the hit.

i just hope i can get my 88 to spool in bg.