MAF Translator plug

3-5.0

Last month I got in a older model Translator and reman LT1 maf, I just got around to doing it now and -unless I'm not figuring this right (which may be the case as I have 10 projects on the go and I'm tired), one connector doesn't fit- it does say in the little booklet that you may need a adapter...nice to find that out NOW. Where do I get this thing, the male plug on the Translator connector is smaller.

So do I got this right: you put in the new MAF and then you take the old connector that would've gone to the MAF and plug it into the Translator and then take the other connector from the Translator (there's only 2) and that plug into the MAF?, basically Translator just fits into the chain?.

Also when I received the rebuilt LT1 MAF I called the seller and asked why it was plastic and not metal like in the picture, he said some were plastic and some metal but they are to LT1 spec and it just depends what the supplier sends them. It looks identical to the old one, is this usually the case?. In the pic the new one is on the right with the small connector from the Translator close to the larger MAF female port.

HPIM7627.JPG

I had the same problem when I bought my translator, you can get the wire harness adapter from full throttle speed or caspers electronics.

Well, one thing's for sure, that MAF on the right is NOT an lt1 mad. It appears to be a reman'd stock unit. The smaller connector in the picture will fit a correct lt1/ls1 mad, but not the units pictured.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

Well, one thing's for sure, that MAF on the right is NOT an lt1 mad. It appears to be a reman'd stock unit. The smaller connector in the picture will fit a correct lt1/ls1 mad, but not the units pictured.

...well see dammit that's what I thought too, but the guy said its LT1 spec whatever that is.

It looks like both maf's in picture have the same plug which would make the one on the right not an lt1. You could just use the new reman unit and sell somebody (me)that nice maf translator and save the hassle!!!!!

I'd have to raise the BS flag on that one.!!!

It looks like both maf's in picture have the same plug which would make the one on the right not an lt1. You could just use the new reman unit and sell somebody (me)that nice maf translator and save the hassle!!!!!

Lol. I think if its just a reman I'll just go on ebay and buy a friggin' LT1 MAF and chuck the reman in a drawer. I don't wanna phone them guys again.

Lol. I think if its just a reman I'll just go on ebay and buy a friggin' LT1 MAF and chuck the reman in a drawer. I don't wanna phone them guys again.

Jeeze I just came across that drawer with the MAF and was sadly reminded I got gyped. I see the safari hat wearing Douche nougette is still in biz...what a cryin' shame.

Oddly enough I spent the day testing MAFs on my GN. Talk about a blast from the past.

What Douche nougette in question is this, Paul Castelonio/ World of Moterworks?

No, Dennis the menace. On one hand I think let it go on the other I start thinking about how many times I get ripped off, it starts to feel at times like a 50% ratio and I'm tired of it. Then again I have a backup MAF -that's good!...but also have a Translator I've never used but will some day I guess.