LVD Drag Day is almost here!!

NO JINX!!! WEATHER WILL BE GOOD!!!:D Should be able to run some 12:30's hopefully. We'll see.........................KB

Looks like about 10 TR's and a 69 GS will be flying the BUICK banner. Lot's of Stangs, Vett's, and F-bodys. Should be fun. To all those who can't race, you should just come down and enjoy the day!! See everyone there.........KB

Allen.......I'll meet up with you at the Mcdonalds off 91 in Enfield at about 7:00(give or take a few minutes). Course you already know that!! ;)

Note to self: Don't get brakeclean in your eyeballs. :eek:

Note to self: Don't lose the brand new tire gauge you bought last night. :rolleyes:

Was a good day until a few problems arose.

Only have to get through the car wash, estimate the amount of 94, think about cooler stuff and food and then go tune the car. :rolleyes:

Can't wait should be good weather, see ya there at 7 Ken. :)

How will we find each other? With only 10 turbo regals it shouldnt be hard, DAmn i wish my roll bar was done:mad: .But i will have my buddys GN should runb low 12s any way. Will be testing out the transbrake for him:D
Otto

I'm parking near Jack Cotton. :D

Hope hes' still coming. Need one fast Buick there. ;)

I hope for low 12's myself in street trim. :)

Tony Gomes should be there also and i believe his car is faster than Jacks.
Otto

Sooooooooooo, how was it?? Salvage, are you faster than me now? At least I did get to take the GN out for a quick trip to the bank today. First time driving it since January, felt great!

Ummm nope. I had issues. :rolleyes:

Never take an untuned car to a drag day. :mad:

Anyway funny thing was I won most of my races anyway with a very slow car, everyone else I raced including the Cobra that ran 10's had issues. Beat them all. ;)

I was a jinx I guess.

Puck wasn't covering the turbo hole I enlarged. :rolleyes:

Problem didn't arise until over 20psi boost.

Oh well have to sign up for another one. :)

Perfect day tons of fast cars there!!!

Ken met his goals first pass in Drive too. :D

At least I drove her home okay and the line lock worked great, nice big smokey burnouts. LOL

1.8 60ft. time too twice. :)

Hey Guys..........Awesome day at LVD. Nice weather and TONS of FAST street cars!! Lots of fast Mustangs and Vett's. Some pretty wicked fast F-Bodys also. Buicks were few, but there was some fast times posted for the boosted six's!! Fastest being a 9.66 I believe for a 86 designer series "T". Also a nice blue 87 running VERY low 10's. A sleeper early 80's regal with a turbo powerplant running 11.50's at 115. A nice turbo T/A running low 12's. Me and SalvageV6 were the first TR's to arrive, and for a little while there, looked to be the only TR's in attendence. But the TR's arrived later and all was well. Salvage has a new combo, so we basically tried to tune his new combo with some success. He was having boost control problems possibly from a "puck" problem in the wastegate. My goal was met on the first run of the day(to my suprise). Runs are as follow:

1st Run:
12.39 @ 112.47

2nd Run:
12.23 @ 113.19

3rd Run
12.24 @ 113.78 (holy sh**, almost 114MPH!!)

4th Run
12.21 @ 113.65

5th Run
12.53 @ 113.25(spinning BAD)

SO.............overall a good day, BUT would have been better if we could have gottin Allen's car to run quicker. Don't worry Allen, we WILL have another chance to get SalvageV6 an 11 second time slip. Let me know when you're ready to go up again. Later

KB

LOL.........Salvage you were posting when I was. Yea.....First run forgot to start in 2nd. First run of the year I guess.:p There will be more track rentals coming up i'm sure. Overall a good day. Hopefully I can get that 9-11 converter for a decent price. With a decent tc and slicks, 11's for sure. :D Ben, get that damn car out and running!!! You WILL be going to the next track rental I hope??;) Later..........................KB

I ordered my 9/11 from Bruce this week. I am also trying to get in on that rental in June.

Damn good times, Ken!! Just wait untill later in the year when the weather is cooler and we're running in NJ.:D

Better luck next time, Al. Look into that rental in June, the one posted on NEBRA.

hey hot6-231, thanks for hooking me up with the alcohol when my tank was low, much appreciated.

Overall, that was perfect weather for a track day, and there was lots of fast cars to watch, Almost all of those LS1's were either stroker motors or had head/cam upgrades.

As for the new 03' cobra's, I wasn't too impressed. I think the fastest one ran a 12.8.

My best time in the TTA was a 12.3@112 mph, not bad for alky and pump gas. I have to learn how to tune this alky kit, no more race gas for me!

I didn't seem to be able to hook up my new BFG DR's, maybe it was the track, or maybe my alky was bogging me??

Hope to see some of you guys soon back at Lebanon, I think I am going to go to a street night in the next few weeks, any one else going??

~Murt

Ben.........Good to here your getting a 9-11!! Car should scream!. I'm also hopeing to pick up a (slightly) used one from a friend of a friend I saw at the track. When is the next track rental?? I will put in for a day off. Allan's car should scream also when he gets that puck problem issue fixed. Lots of good "go fast parts" in that bad boy.

Murt......No problem. Alky is a funny thing. When you get it tuned well it's nice when you don't have to fill up with $5 a gal. race gas!! That's a good running TTA you've got there!! Hope to see you all at the next track rental.

Ken B.

Post some links to that track rental. :D

I should have left the PTE51 in there the car screamed with that turbo and the 3200 stall. :)

Seems the GM guys were running some low numbers in the 11's later in the day. I wonder if any were supercharged?

That blue Vette was fast and hot lapping too. :cool:

Gotta go out and rip off the downpipe and have a looksee.

I might take a ride up some street night to LVD if there are no track rentals coming up in the next 2 months.

Keep us posted on the dates.

Well i was there but did not meat anyone really, Except a TTA guy that lent me a chip. Next time my car will be there. But i got a bone stock GN with a TA49 turbo thdp and 009 injectors to run 12.22 at 109 on a street chip pulling the left front wheel.
Not to bad, at 23#s of boost. My Bar sould be done by this weekend (my buddy got held up by a bad back) but as soon as its done i want to go to a wed night at LVD to test it out, not sure if i have the funds for Bowling Green.
Otto

My Bar sould be done by this weekend (my buddy got held up by a bad back) but as soon as its done i want to go to a wed night at LVD to test it out, not sure if i have the funds for Bowling Green.
Otto

Lemme Know, I'll come up with ya...
Jim

Check the other post about May 7th. :)

If you didn't notice my car Otto you never will. :D

The only worse looking car there was that SHO. ;)

I did cheer when he beat the Mustang with it however, cool race. :cool:

Originally posted by salvageV6
Check the other post about May 7th. :)

If you didn't notice my car Otto you never will. :D

The only worse looking car there was that SHO. ;)

I did cheer when he beat the Mustang with it however, cool race. :cool:

LOL.......Yea, that WAS funny when they were running side by side down the track. :eek:

was your car the one with the bashed in 1/4 panel and the laptop?
If so i saw you.
Otto