LVD Drag Day is almost here!!

hot6-231

American and Proud!!!
Wow.......Finally got the car running. Still have many things to do, BUT I will be ready. To those who don't know............Car died last week at the car wash, and wouldn't restart. Last time this happend, it was the crank sensor. Well, first thing I checked for was spark and fuel. Fuel was ok, but NO SPARK!! Ok, picked up a crank sensor from AutoZone. Installed crank sensor. STILL no spark. Damn!! Swapped out coil and module(brother has a TR also :D) still no spark!:mad: Ok, it's gotta be the CAM SENSOR. Replaced cam sensor, still NO SPARK. Ok, now i'm not feeling "ok". Spent the next few days checking wires, fuses, connections, EVERYTHING to no avail. Finally towed the car over to Eric's (Rankin) new shop in South Windsor. He checked it over and in no time found that the new crank sensor from AUTOZONE was NO GOOD!!! Thats right, all that time and Bull**** caused by a DEFECTIVE BRAND NEW CRANK SENSOR!!! Take note guys.......Just because you buy a NEW part, doesn't make it a GOOD part. I learned an important lesson. No more brand X sensors. Already ordered a new sensor from GM. I will always carry a spear crank sensor as they don't seem to last more then a couple years. Alright........I feel MUCH better now. See ya all soon. Oh.............Allen, Ben you guys got those cars ready for next week?? ;)

No comment. :eek:

Actually just got the TA62 on the car and it was a big pain in the a$$.

Nothing lined up or wanted to work in Buick harmony. :p

Had to trim the 3.5" endbell I had made to fit the new MAF hose on it and clear the IACV, no wonder they made a relocator. ;)

Got it running and it's at the shop today to install Bruces tranny pan and the new aluminum driveshaft and brake lines and line lock. :D

I ain't doing any more work on it other than tuning. :cool:

Should be ready I hope.

Got Thursday off too and leaving early Wed.

I hope my alky. pump gets back to me by Thursday!!!

See ya there! :)

My rollbar is being installed as we speak! so hope fully all i need to do is some tuning. Havent had a chance scince the new valve springs and turbo where put on. so friday will be a good tuning day, See ya there
Otto

$hit, my car isn't even out yet.:( I'm gonna contact the organizers so they can let in one of the waiting list people. I'll see if I can still go to spectate.

Ben go get the thing. It's gonna be 60 all weekend.

Plenty of time to get ready. :)

Driveshaft didn't fit in the car so I got new U-Joints instead. :rolleyes:

Measure twice cut once..... something like that..... :(

Anyway I'll be ready even if I have to run that race gas stuff. :D

Free Hooter burger to the fastest car? :cool:

Excepting Otto of course. ;)

Ben go get that car!!!! :eek:

Originally posted by salvageV6
Free Hooter burger to the fastest car? :cool:
Excepting Otto of course. ;)

Yea right...........You know ya gonna be a good second faster then me!!!:eek: How bout a Hooter burger to the one with the best reaction time!!??;)

Ben.......Sorry to here that. If you can't at least race, you should go and hang out with us Turbo Buick guys. Let me know if you're going and you can catch a ride with me. Lets hope for some GOOD weather!!!!

KB

reaction time, shouldnt be too hard with my new bat brake :D
i only have a set of 28x9s to run on so i may have to limit my launch boost to 15-16#s unless i can get my hands on some 28x10.5 by then , then i will try a 20-22# launch:eek:
wasnt able tot get my billet parts for the tranny yet so i will be testing the limits of the stock internals also:confused:
Otto

Wow.......Just noticed, almost half the cars going will me MUSTANGS. Cool........lets hope weather holds up!!! Always fun to race stangs!!!

Ben........You going???

Allan......You want to meet in Enfield???

KB:cool:

maybe trouble! i just got a call from my buddy and i need to find a peice of roll bar tubing to finish my bar. tha problem is it needs to be 118" long, So i am on a mad hunt tomorrow. If not i maynot get many passes before they sloww me down.Otto

I may not get many in before my car slows me down. :D

Hope Ben can make it up there.

I guess we could meet up in Enfield no biggy I drive slow anyway so I will be leaving early and just enjoying the fresh air at the track when it opens up around 8-8:30am.

Gonna be tons of fast cars there too. :eek:

Doh!!! I'm working too (day and night). Well on the bright side I get money for car.:cool:

Hey guys,
I should be going down there just to watch, i didn't sign up in time to get on the list with my TTA. I wasn't sure if I would have my car ready, but I just finished installing a fuel pump and rear end over the weekend. I wanna watch some 3.8L boost whip some mustangs this friday! Start cranking the booost!
~Murt

Allen........I can meet you up in Enfield, same spot as before at 7:00. Takes about an hour and 15 mins from there to get to the Valley. Let me know....................................Ken

Ben, sorry you can't make it. Maybe next time!! GET THAT CAR READY!!!:p

Sure Ken. 7am sounds fine.

I might stop at Mickey D's for an Egg McMuffin though.... ;)

The one near the Mass./NY border that is on RTE. 80.

Shouldn't take long for that. :)

Cool.........I'll be there at 7:00. We are meeting at a Mcdonalds if you want to get one there. If not, we can stop later. No problem. See ya Friday. KB

Oh yeah! LOL

I thought it was a Dunkin Donuts ooops.

Sure I'll get one there. :)

Hey where's Chris been? I think we should make sure it's still a go. Weather looks good so far...... :eek:

Damn, on vacation this week too and can't go. Didn't sign up and haven't touched the car since January except for starting it up once. Think it is still in the garage! Tied down to this money pit of a house this week doing major projects. (some vacation but at least I am not at work) Have fun guys. Salvage, going to make it to the Walmart cruise coming up on May 10th?

Hey Mark, sounds like a fun vacation. ;)

I didn't know there was a Cruise May 10th.

Should be enough time to get the GN cleaned up a bit.

Finally got all the parts out of the inside and trunk that I picked up from Scotts house. Got most of his stock parts and some interior stuff and air bags and other things from him. Filled the whole car. :D

Anyway after race day that car will get some attention too.

Flying out to Charlotte, NC on the 11th I think for work.

Hope to see you there even if I park salvageV6 out in the Walmart shoppers lot. :)

Ken the weather looks good so far.... ooops jinx. :eek: