Lug issues.....

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
I have the GTAs with spacers. I put the overlength lugs in. My problem is that 3 times now I have found after a short drive that all but one lug has been completely sheared off. This is irritating and horribly dangerous. This time, I noticed before the lugs broke, but they're all just loose in there.....as if I hadn't bothered to hammer them puppies into the backside of the rotor. Why the hell does this keep happening? Any advice/experience would be appreciated. TIA

what kind of studs are you using?
what kind and thickness of spacers?
i know ARP doesn't want you using spacers with their studs- probably because thick spacers put some weird side loads on the studs.
and why are you running spacers, anyways? i have GTA wheels on my T-Type without spacers, and there are no problems. i do have 4 fronts, but i did have 2 rears on the front at one point that didn't interfere with anything.

Originally posted by novaderrik
what kind of studs are you using?
what kind and thickness of spacers?
i know ARP doesn't want you using spacers with their studs- probably because thick spacers put some weird side loads on the studs.
and why are you running spacers, anyways? i have GTA wheels on my T-Type without spacers, and there are no problems. i do have 4 fronts, but i did have 2 rears on the front at one point that didn't interfere with anything.
I don't have the 4 fronts and without spacers any time I tried to make even the most gradual turn there was serious grinding. The studs are just whatever Napa's got. The spacers are the universals that you can get at Pep Boys.....all they ever have is 5/8s, so I had to put 2 on each side. Maybe running 2 spacers is the issue?

I would never ever run 2 spacers...I run one all the time, but I would never do 2.