Rotor break

Clark6

Ok question. I have a great tranny, Love it but I have a question on whether I'm doing something wrong or not.
regular driving I don't break the rotor, even at the track I have not broke a rotor.
But this is my 3rd rotor break, the last one only had a hairline crack but was still functional, I just heard a clicking noise around the converter/pump area.

swapped converters it quieted down but still noticeable. Pulled the transmission and the hairline crack on the pump is what I found.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The first rotor crack was with an EDGE converter & a completely different pump. (about 300/400 miles on new tranny & pump)(I left the spacers out of the converter/flexplate was the reason & was told to make sure I put them in I did,,, no breaks.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bought a new 9/11 converter about 4000/5000 miles later...... installed it; again was told I probably didn't need the spacers

1000 miles later (no track times with it) The second rotor crack was with the new and different converter. (7000 miles roughly on pump & tranny since the first break)

The third rotor crack different rotor same pump same converter this time with the spacers .( roughly 400 miles later since the second break)

So my question is am I doing something wrong?????

Could the high transmission pressures be causing this?

The ONE common denominator of all 3 breaks was when I ease into the throttle wide open for like 1/4 or 1/2 mile let off the gas. Once the car coast
coast to a stop no movement (broke rotor). This last time with the hairline crack it didn't break or shatter like the others did, I could still drive
around and even got on it quickly & off to see if I could pin point the clicking/ticking noise & see if it would break the rotor b4 I took it down and apart.

Again I never broke one at the track or cruising only when I've gotten on it & the car shifted in 4th gear. Do you think the 4th gear have something to do with it at WOT & then takes the rotor out on deceleration? That's the only thing I can figure and come up with & IF SO HOW & could someone explain why this would put so much pressure on the rotor at this time.......... SO I'LL KNOW NOT TO DO IT AGAIN. (maybe I need to get on it only in 3rd gear).:confused:

What are your line pressures? 7/10/13 vein? Lonnies trans still? May want to give him a call.

I would replace the entire pump and start over if it has happened 3 times. Besure the convertor is all the way in and it not being forced in by the engine/trans mating together.

10 Vane, 2nd time on this pump. Don't know the pressures yet. I made sure it was in with the washers this last time, I think that was part of my problem the first two times. I'm checking the pump when I disassemble I am going with Chris's steel rotor this time. I can ride it for month's beating on it even in 4th the problem just rears sometimes once I start easing up on the boost. 19psi below it seems fine. Making too much power I guess.;)

What flexplate are you using? Stock? I see you are using an Eagle crank. Was there a radius on the flexplate flange? Did you have it machined to clear the pilot hole in the flexplate?

JW The Wheel flexplate SFI-- I'm using a Cat crank. Machine builder took care of all that I'm pretty sure he did.
I could go run an take pics if I have to , I do believe it clears the pilot hole I think it was a perfect fit. I've taken it off several times to inspect, looks good to me.

Steve when I get it in this time. I'll check the pressures.

Mind you guys, these breaks are not occurring all close to the same time except the last one; these are all between a 3 yr period up til now.