New Gn Owner In Ontario

LIGHTEMUP

Hi Everyone;

First time GN owner, Southern Ontario. Here is my story;

In 1987, I was 18 and at a car show in Niagara Falls when I heard someone say "Hey, there is one of those new blacked out Regals". The GN left the parking lot, and launched....he was gone!! Fast forward 22 years later, college, marriage, mortgage, 3 kids, 2 part time jobs and I just bought a 40K mile original 1987 GN, completely unmolested.

My buddy who is a turbo expert came with me on the initial test drive. He says "bring to 30 mph and tap it...tap it, don't hammer it" I did, just a little tap on the gas and she slid out sideways. We looked at each other and he says " that was nice" Then he says "now bring it to about 45 mph and hammer it" I did and all hell broke loose. In that moment, I knew I had found my car. Sounds corny, I know. I have had Jap bikes, done 180 mph, a Harley V Rod (what a rocket)...but no comparison to my National.

She is in a nice heated garage until the spring. I'll be looking for parts (horn ring, radio) in the next few months. I have been lurking on this board for about a year, tons of great people and information. Looking forward to gaining lots of advice from the seasoned experts.

My plates are EATS V8S. My buddy has a 63 Vette parked next to my GN and says "why did you get those plates" I said because EATS VETTES was too many letters!! He Laughed.

Cheers !!

Hi Everyone;

First time GN owner, Southern Ontario. Here is my story;

In 1987, I was 18 and at a car show in Niagara Falls when I heard someone say "Hey, there is one of those new blacked out Regals". The GN left the parking lot, and launched....he was gone!! Fast forward 22 years later, college, marriage, mortgage, 3 kids, 2 part time jobs and I just bought a 40K mile original 1987 GN, completely unmolested.

My buddy who is a turbo expert came with me on the initial test drive. He says "bring to 30 mph and tap it...tap it, don't hammer it" I did, just a little tap on the gas and she slid out sideways. We looked at each other and he says " that was nice" Then he says "now bring it to about 45 mph and hammer it" I did and all hell broke loose. In that moment, I knew I had found my car. Sounds corny, I know. I have had Jap bikes, done 180 mph, a Harley V Rod (what a rocket)...but no comparison to my National.

She is in a nice heated garage until the spring. I'll be looking for parts (horn ring, radio) in the next few months. I have been lurking on this board for about a year, tons of great people and information. Looking forward to gaining lots of advice from the seasoned experts.

My plates are EATS V8S. My buddy has a 63 Vette parked next to my GN and says "why did you get those plates" I said because EATS VETTES was too many letters!! He Laughed.

Cheers !!
CONGRATS!!!!!!
Lets see some pics. of the GN :)

Welcome to the Buick sceen.............prepare to open your wallet!!!

Where abouts in Southern Ont are you?

My Gn

I'm in Southern Ontario, Niagara Area.

Here are some pics of my GN. A little dusty in my friends shop but it is heated and his 35 Chev Rod literally watches over my GN !

Attachments

• mygn5.jpg
    mygn5.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 129
  • mygn3.jpg
    mygn3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 132
  • mygn4.jpg
    mygn4.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 120
  • mygn6.jpg
    mygn6.jpg