Ls1 Maf + translator = knock ... Pls help!

V666

Hey guys,

Tonight I installed a new 3.5 in maf pipe and k&n cone with a maf translator. Since firing it up, I have run into two issues:

The first startup was very rich and it stalled. After a quick road test and running the car for fifteen minutes the idle issues were gone. I let it cool down then started again and it idled ok. Is that normal on the first startup?

Lastly, I now have knock. My car is 100% stock other than this mod. Nothing else has been changed. Scan master read 812 a 800 on the o2 but for he first time I've seen knock of 4.2 degrees. I quickly let out of the throttled and took it home. Is this normal? What would cause this?

Otherwise, the car has really woken up and sounds amazing... Any insight on the idle and knock issue would be greatly appreciated. Btw idle is between 625-675 rpm. Chip is stock

Maf is ls1 and all translator settings at zero. Switches are on, on, on, off

how much boost?93 octane only?was the 800mv on scanmaster a 3rd gear pull?or was knock recorded on the shift?

Original fuel system? I wouldn't do anything till I spring cleaned the car and made sure I had an updated fuel system

how much boost?if its stock levels with 800mv and 4 degrees of knock in 3rd I would pull timing out or add octane.if you are still using the stock chip and cannot make any adjustments I would recommend a new chip from turbotweak,or turn the boost down and get it where it doesn't knock.

how much did the boost go up with the pipe and big sensor? Not uncommon to go up 3 or 4 LBS