LS1 into a Grand National

That engine would have been great in a clean Monte SS, but GN???? To each his own I guess. I know when I see a V8 converted GN to me, it's just not a GN anymore. The V6/Turbo make a GN a GN. No flames intended, just my 2cents........KB

LS-1 Install in GN

So it was cheaper to have the LS-1 and 4L60E trans installed verses rebuilding the original turbo 6? That's just bull s--t.

May the Turbo Gods forgive this lost soul........ if it where just a regular regal, or Monte, it would of been a perfect combo..... but one of the main components that make are cars a gn or t-type is the v6turbo..... just my opinion... not to say the LSx motors arent bad ass, V8's and TR's dont belong together.......:biggrin:

i agree. what an idiot. at least he could have done is put a turbo on it.

Ls1

Royal 6, I agree with you. Why did he not install the LS1 and trans in a regualar Regal. If he wanted that GN look, paint the Regal black, install turbo hood and interior from a salvaged GN. Why in the hell ruin a perfectly good GN. I wonder what he did with the GN turbo 6 and trans? It's beyond me why some guys assume that by installing a Chevy engine, its going to be faster than a Buick turbo 6. Probably what was spent by this guy to bastardize the GN, he could have spent that amount to rebuild, adding a few select performance parts to give it the balls to bury that LS1 in a cloud of burning rubber. I'm 61 years old and have been into high performance cars since I was 13 years old. During this span of time I have seen numerous Buicks, Fords, Mopars, ect. with their hearts removed and replaced by some Chevy small or big block engine. It's to the point I now refuse to pay attention to any car that has undergone a Chevy transplant. I'm sorry if I have offended any members on this board by my comments, but keep in mind I've just a grumpy old fart set in his ways and not about to see the logic of installing a Chevy powerplant into about anything that has four wheels.

I guess iit's better than Ford powerplant....

:confused:

Attachments

• regal8130300725.jpg
    regal8130300725.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 426
It didn't make sense to gut two cars like that, why ditch the GN motor and then rob your wifes car for her LS1 motor??

Nothing like making a rare car worth less just to drive around with and not race. The Chow thing has merit but this guys not going to race it if he thinks the GN has a good suspension even if the Monte's sucks.:confused:

It didn't make sense to gut two cars like that, why ditch the GN motor and then rob your wifes car for her LS1 motor??

Nothing like making a rare car worth less just to drive around with and not race. The Chow thing has merit but this guys not going to race it if he thinks the GN has a good suspension even if the Monte's sucks.:confused:

I think the owner of the GN is a member here, i remember him saying that they pulled the GN MOTOR out for something more powerful.

Apparently the LS1 is the ticket:confused: , and he didnt remove the wifes motor, just used that as a reference as to, man my wifes LS1 makes so much power, its going into the GN.

BW