LS1 into a Grand National

This just in......

I finally decided on pulling he motor in my Yenko and I am puttin in a 250 straight six to save on gas.... Thats what I tell all my buudies once they tell me drop a v8 in there.. If I was going to drop a v8 in I would at least have the respect to make sure its 1) a Buick motor and 2) turboed (#2 depends on budget of course).... To each his own but I couldnt do it. Its like nuetering a dog and giving a smaller pair back to him.....

It says in the article "GN's had performance suspension that Monte Carlo's didn't have". Really, I thought the two cars had comparable suspensions.

That car with the correct converter and programming should run in the 12's. ABout the same as a tweaked stock LC2.

I would have bought a clean base regal. Not a GN.

A clean Monte SS would have been the ultimate choice IMO.

David

To me the fun of this car is the turbo 6, and the vintage square out of date body. A cool combo, w/ LSx in it, its like Joe Dirt won a scratch off and got a new engine for his mullet mobile. (Yes, I think our cars are a little red...but I still love them) If I wanted an LS1-2 I'd just get a GTO and have a car w/ better handling, interior, and newer everything.....but thats just me.

I heard that...

The guy that invented the engine hoist, then invented the Turbo V-sicks... Seems he wasn't selling enuf hoists.:eek: :p