low 10s wanted

john stewart

Hi i am new here am i am looking for some information. First off i built my last car up myself 1969 camaro rs 406sb turbo350 4500 converter 3.73 12bolt, in street strim driving it 2hours to the track it ran 11.37 @120. Well that was 10 years and 2 kids ago lol. Sold the car when the kids came. Well now its time for another car and i have always loved turbo buicks, i want to go 10.30s street trim on pump gas no juice or alky . Can anyone help me i live just east of toronto, thankyou.

Are my goals too high? I have seen a coulple of low ten high 9 cars at the local track and that was 10 years ago. I will be honest i dont know much about turbo buicks are my goal too high?

It could be done with a high revving engine. Plan on 7k rpm or build a light car. Stock blocks are out of the question. Turbobitt ran 10.10-10.20 with his 3850lb S2 car at 17psi long ago. Not impossible but not cheap either. Cheaper to build an engine that uses higher octane fuel and revs less to hit the numbers.

thankyou guys so far for the help. I used to drive my camaro everwhere just pump gas and run 11.30s all day on mccreary street tires i miss that and want to do that in a turbo buick (bigger back seat for the kids ).are high tens doable?

low 10's on pump gas... I am trying to go mid 10's with a full weight car and still be very streetable. Only 1/8th tracks around here but my best so far might get me into the high 10's. I would drive my car just about anywhere as far as reliability. You have to factor in upgraded suspension, converter and a transmission in your quest. Everyone has their own opinion about what is s street car but mine still has full interior, cage, working AC and cruise, etc.. I will put in alky next so I can run pump gas. There is more than enough info on this site to conclude the right mods for your build. I bought my car about 5 years ago not knowing anything about Buicks. I read a lot of articles, books and info on this board. I also talked to a lot of experienced turbo guys. There are a lot of different opinions so think through before you act. #1 - buy good parts. Good luck.

Build a car capable of 8.50's and turn down the boost. It will run low 10's on pump gas.

If you build a low 10 second capable car, turn down the boost and it runs low-mid 11's.

Low 10's on pump gas in a street trim Buick is StageII motor land. Your Camaro had it easier as it was lighter and had larger displacement.

A well sorted out TSM car will run mid 9's with the boost turned up and race fuel. Turn the boost down and pull a little timing and you have a mid 10 second car. Mine will run 10.40 with 17 psi and 22 degrees timing. Pull a few degrees timing to be safe and i think it would run 10.50 all day on pump gas. It's doable with a stock block. 70HPQ turbo , aftermarket fuel management system, Double pumper or large external fuel pump, GN1 or TA heads, well setup suspension, 400 turbo or 200r4 with billet parts and good convertor.
Cheapest way would be well built short block with ported iron heads, TE45A turbo, alcohol injection and pump gas, along with all the other good stuff.

A well sorted out TSM car will run mid 9's with the boost turned up and race fuel. Turn the boost down and pull a little timing and you have a mid 10 second car. Mine will run 10.40 with 17 psi and 22 degrees timing. Pull a few degrees timing to be safe and i think it would run 10.50 all day on pump gas. It's doable with a stock block. 70HPQ turbo , aftermarket fuel management system, Double pumper or large external fuel pump, GN1 or TA heads, well setup suspension, 400 turbo or 200r4 with billet parts and good convertor.
Cheapest way would be well built short block with ported iron heads, TE45A turbo, alcohol injection and pump gas, along with all the other good stuff.

Exactly! My car ran a 10.40 last year on dr's and pump 93. I did have a few gallons of race fuel in it for safety, but I'm sure if I really focused on a pump tune, I would not need the few gallons.

Last year I drove my car all over on the street, but my street miles were limited this year. Last fall I hit a deer on the road which caused a lot of damage, this year I was a little hesitant to drive it.

Here is the thread:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/233914-10-4-130-pump-no-alchy.html

10 Second Combo

Get out your checkbook and buy one!
You might also want to try to sell the kids!!!
Don't try to build one!
It is much cheaper and easier to buy one!!!
I have been 10.29 @ 127 in full street trim.
My car weighs 3725 pounds with me in it.
I run 110 octane on the street and 116 at the track.
I have had good luck with my build and combo.
But have spent quite a bit of money too!
Here is the link to my combo.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/time-slip-combo-database/265758-10-29-best-pass-so-far.html#post2000370
Good luck on your search and build up.
Mine was for sale at one time but I decided to keep it.
Jason
AffordableGN

Buy a standard 86-87 Reagal and install a GenIII/IV V8 in it with a BIG turbo. Easy to acomplish your goals, that way. A V6 is "gonna cost ya".

If you change one thing it will be so much easier and cheaper.

Add ALKY INJECTION to your street tune list and my friend, you will have $$ to get back that 69 you let go years ago. ;)

twin turbo's on any of these LS-1 - 2-3 -6 -7 and you there with the pump gas and reliable just need some good rods / pistons /hardware. I just witnessed a completey stock 07 escalde 6.2 motor with 2 63mm turbos run 10-0s in a monte. now who know how long a stocker will last but a built motor no problem.

I agree with most above... 10.30's on straight pump gas with a stock blocked V6... is going to take plenty of $$....... however.... you seriously need to look into Razor's Alky kit... and a well thought out combo..... there are two cars on the board... full weight cars..... drive around on the street..... that are in the 9's on pump gas and alky..... in fact... the bar has recently been raised.... 9.82 @ 137 mph...... pump gas and alky......

IMHO.... follow one of their combos.... and you are all over mid 10's on any given day.....on pump gas and alky.

One hit of it... and you too can become an ALKYholic!

Thankyou all

Thanks everyone who has taken the time to reply. I will be getting a car in the spring, any good tuners up here in toronto canada?

Thanks everyone who has taken the time to reply. I will be getting a car in the spring, any good tuners up here in toronto canada?

There is one nefarious individual up you way who I will warn you to steer clear of. He spends most of his time over on the other board, and he goes by the handle Beachbum. He is a scoundrel. He will pretend to be tuning your car but he will really be making it slower.

Grand National runs low 10's on pump gas- Video
This member lives in the GTA, all his mods are posted in this thread. His car is full weight with AC and T-bar roof. Sunoco 94 pump gas and ET Street MT.
I have not tried my car on pump gas, but I have run my street setup program with racefuel and slicks and went 10.14 @131mph at 22psi. I think I could run bottom 10's in street trim on pump gas, but I don't have the guts to try. Knowing my luck I would probably hurt the motor trying.

Now i remember

Hi Mike i used to work for kevin at Karbelt in pickering and part time at agostinos i met Sean there dose he still have his mustang? I remember you were going low tens years ago your car is the one i was refering to in my first post and mike st eve? Thanks for the advise and say hi to sean for me.