Lost in a real way...

Was cruisein on the bypass doin 65ish, when a newer mustang GT came rolling up next to me. Girl next to me was like "Yay! I love mustangs you should race him!" Frowning, I throttled up to 70mph to let him know I meant business. Mustang 'dropped' and started gettin on it so I romped on it and we were neck and neck till ??? MPH. I let off and started braking back to 65mph. Then, he drops again, and so I romp on it again - only this time his car gets deafening loud. He just sailed right past me, got about 3-4 cars on me and throws his 4ways on....
Stay tuned for my thread where I get bigger injectors, a 72 trim, drag radials and put my DFI in.... cause thats unacceptable in my mind... >_>

"only this time his car gets deafening loud."
Sounds as tho he was tired of being pestered!! He opened the dumps, and hit the bottle. BYE BYE.

Yeah...probably. That pesky bottle of "I HATE YOU NOW LOSE!" that people run around with shamelessly now adays.... >_>

Yeah...probably. That pesky bottle of "I HATE YOU NOW LOSE!" that people run around with shamelessly now adays.... >_>

Wouldn't bigger injectors, a TT chip and maybe a Alky kit to cool off the charged air getcha what ya need? I'm sure if you could uncork headers like he did, this would be a different story. Im running 60#, TT5.6, alky, TE-62 with 275 60R15s. The alky is pure awesomeness when comparing the car when alky is off. Not sure how mean my car is if I removed the dump plate.

I would think a larger turbo might be a little more trouble to fine tune. I agree more rubber on the rear can never hurt.

Either way ya go, keep up the good fight.

Either your car isn't running in tip top shape or that GT had some serious work. How much boost are you running? Hows the car run?

Wouldn't bigger injectors, a TT chip and maybe a Alky kit to cool off the charged air getcha what ya need? I'm sure if you could uncork headers like he did, this would be a different story. Im running 60#, TT5.6, alky, TE-62 with 275 60R15s. The alky is pure awesomeness when comparing the car when alky is off. Not sure how mean my car is if I removed the dump plate.

I would think a larger turbo might be a little more trouble to fine tune. I agree more rubber on the rear can never hurt.

Either way ya go, keep up the good fight.

Ive currently got the full throttle extender chip and it works great. As soon as I get my new wideband sensor and a 3 bar map I'll be going DFI so no need for a TT chip. No need for alky - just a well refined 93 oct tune. If I ever need more octane there are 4 stations around that sell 100oct unleaded so I'm set there. I would love a set of 60# injectors and an electronic dump would be very nice. More rubber for sure though... :(

Either your car isn't running in tip top shape or that GT had some serious work. How much boost are you running? Hows the car run?
I was running 21PSI boost last night. The way he jumped the 2nd time makes me think either he sprayed the 2nd run or was just toying with me the 1st run... >_>

Ah ya can't take everybody, I have mixed feelings on these rolling races though. beep....beepbeep

The new coyote mustangs are killers. I played with one on the hwy last year, and he crushed me.
I talked to him after, and he had an intake, heads, cams and exhaust done. I've never had a car drag me that bad on the street before, or since.

Last edited:
The new coyote mustangs are killers. I played with one on the hwy last year, and he crushed me.
I talked to him, after and he had an intake, heads, cams and exhaust done. I've never had a car drag me that bad on the street before, or since.
May have been one of these Im not sure... 0.o

No doubt he uncorked it and sprayed it.

You need to match him by spraying alky,turning the boost up and getting better rubber. A good tune goes a long way,too.

My buddy's kid is spending boat loads of money on his new Mustang to beat my car..lol! He's in the mid 11's now and I just keep toying with him. Every time he changes something I turn the boost up some more. He hasn't figured it out yet.

I have to recommend against using a DFI setup these days. What you really need is a bigger set of injectors and an alky kit from Razor.

Yes you can tune the AF and ignition tables but the chip, MAF/Translator will get you there much quicker without all of the guesswork using the DFI. The downside to the DFI was no data logging. So while you can look at the current AF ratio as the car is running you certainly can't make an informed decision on what the motor needs and drive it at the same time.

You can go the SD2 route with a powerlogger and this will give you access to the tune and you can data log accurately, which is key. Everything I have heard about the SD2 set ups have all been positive and the tunes are very close right out of the box.

And how you run 20 psi on 42.5 pph injectors is sheer luck you have not popped a head gasket yet. Get the injectors and the alky kit, then you can turn up the boost with no problems. That turbo will make power up to 28 to 30 psi. How cool would that be to run on the street ?

Either way, you can go get redemption from that Mustang once you do this.

Yo Homie,

Your combo is begging for ported heads!! You have the cam and ported intake get the heads done and either go with alky or E-85...In my opinion wanting to turn up the boost on one these cars on just a 93 octane tune is a diaster waiting to happen!! Also I agree with Reggie your going to need bigger injectors especially if you get the heads done....

I have to recommend against using a DFI setup these days. What you really need is a bigger set of injectors and an alky kit from Razor.

Yes you can tune the AF and ignition tables but the chip, MAF/Translator will get you there much quicker without all of the guesswork using the DFI. The downside to the DFI was no data logging. So while you can look at the current AF ratio as the car is running you certainly can't make an informed decision on what the motor needs and drive it at the same time.

You can go the SD2 route with a powerlogger and this will give you access to the tune and you can data log accurately, which is key. Everything I have heard about the SD2 set ups have all been positive and the tunes are very close right out of the box.

And how you run 20 psi on 42.5 pph injectors is sheer luck you have not popped a head gasket yet. Get the injectors and the alky kit, then you can turn up the boost with no problems. That turbo will make power up to 28 to 30 psi. How cool would that be to run on the street ?

Either way, you can go get redemption from that Mustang once you do this.

Heads are ported and diamond cut with cometic headgaskets. The reason Im going DFI is the fact that I got the ECM with adaptor harness for 100 bucks. A power logger by itself is 265 dollars, and alky kits are 600+ dollars. Im a broke 27 year old trying to go fast, so an extra 765 dollars worth of stuff I dont need is kinda pointless. Yes, DFI is a bit antiquated these days, but they're a rugged proven design thats still being used in cars today. A co-pilot/tuner to watch over things is the route Im going to go for tuning - even now when Im using direct scan I still grab a buddy to watch over things during a pull.

I can run 20PSI with 42.5lb injectors - and more - no problem. Ive ran all the way up to 24PSI on a 93/100oct mix with 0.0* KR all the way through 4th gear. Back in the day, before alcohol injection and E-85, whatd people do to go 11s, 10s and faster? Hmmmm.... IDK precision tuneing? 0.o 50lb injectors are on their way, and the 3 bar map and harness for the DFI will be ordered next paycheck. Then all that will be left will be a set of nice rear tires and I should be set

Last edited:
I saw one guy expire 2 sets of head gaskets with his dfi in one day. If you have a handle on the fuel and are experienced with getting it up and running you can use it. Fwiw you won't be running 24 psi with good heads using 42lb/hr injectors either

I saw one guy expire 2 sets of head gaskets with his dfi in one day. If you have a handle on the fuel and are experienced with getting it up and running you can use it. Fwiw you won't be running 24 psi with good heads using 42lb/hr injectors either

2 Sets of head gaskets? Wow - I remember about 4ish years ago fragging out the stock head gaskets, and that was after hammerin away on it for 5 years with just a TA-49 back when it was a high 12 car :p. Fwiw I guess my car is a fluke then? I had high point of 1.3* KR @ 25psi in 4th gear that day, so I backed it down to 24psi. Not sure what the exact octane was, had about 4ish gallons of 93 mixed with 2 1/2ish gallons of 100oct. Car runs great right now on 20PSI boost with 93oct zero issues - well, other than the radial tires spinning from 0-60mph X_x
When it comes to the DFI, between Norbs and a few locals who use it I should have enough support/experience to get it up and running. Just need to get the damn wideband 02 replaced now....and 3 bar map sensor/harness... >_> Yeah I know that classic fast, XFI, or even the new Accel stuff out now would be a better choice, but budgets are budgets. We cant have everything we want - that would just be plain anarchy. I know people keep telling me it over and over again, but I dont want alky on me car - ever. Even if an alky setup was given to me I still wouldnt use it. People have been going plenty fast for years without it, and I intend to be one of those people.

2 Sets of head gaskets? Wow - I remember about 4ish years ago fragging out the stock head gaskets, and that was after hammerin away on it for 5 years with just a TA-49 back when it was a high 12 car :p. Fwiw I guess my car is a fluke then? I had high point of 1.3* KR @ 25psi in 4th gear that day, so I backed it down to 24psi. Not sure what the exact octane was, had about 4ish gallons of 93 mixed with 2 1/2ish gallons of 100oct. Car runs great right now on 20PSI boost with 93oct zero issues - well, other than the radial tires spinning from 0-60mph X_x
When it comes to the DFI, between Norbs and a few locals who use it I should have enough support/experience to get it up and running. Just need to get the damn wideband 02 replaced now....and 3 bar map sensor/harness... >_> Yeah I know that classic fast, XFI, or even the new Accel stuff out now would be a better choice, but budgets are budgets. We cant have everything we want - that would just be plain anarchy. I know people keep telling me it over and over again, but I dont want alky on me car - ever. Even if an alky setup was given to me I still wouldnt use it. People have been going plenty fast for years without it, and I intend to be one of those people.
It was a mid 10 sec car back in the mid 90's. Uncharted territory for most at that time