Lost Ignition voltage on engine harness, anybody got diagrams???

cabech984

Well, My car has been running hot due to the cooling fan not coming on. I tested the fan and it works whith battery voltage. Ive checked fuses, swapped relays, still get no fan action. And in the procass, Ive lost ignition voltage to my alt gauge, coolant gauge as well as the scanmaster. What ties all this crap together??

Probably your problem is the wires that go down to the starter. That's where the power comes for the locations that aren't working for you. You probably don't have any juice to the CCCI fuse. You either have a bad connection at the starter or a burned fusible link. Try tuggin on those wires and see if you can get juice back, other wise, you'll have to pull down the starter and fix what's broke.

Thanks for the reply! I managed to find some diagrams. I routed my starter wires so I only have one main cable going down there and a junction block away from the heat connects to the cable. I gave up for the nigh, gonna hit it tomorrow with a clear brain. I was gonna check those links very first. It lost the fan voltage first and while testing that circuit, I lost power to my gauges and scanmaster lol.

i assume you've checked all your fuses- not just visually, but with a test light?

No, just removed each one and visually checked. I have all my electricial tools in my tool box at work. Im dealing with a custom swap I did last year and seems like now, any little thing that goes awry with it frustrates me and Im no longer a mechanic, but a madman!!!