Looking to buy a "turn key" Dutweiler necked IC

its amazing how my decision to purchase something takes on a life of its own.
Paul..nice job..just the "look" I like.
Thanks to Brian for his understanding and a big thanks to Otto

What make's it look Non stock to you? The Big raised letters that say "Duttweiler" on the neck? :D I ground 'em off! I think the step up hose is the only REAL giveaway to anyone but the well versed GN owner.

Its a "whatever floats your boat" deal.

I personally dont care if it looks stock or modded. The bottom line is it hauls. The guy lined up next to you in that brand new Z06 Vette, New Mustang, etc.. doesnt care what it looks like.. they just know a Buick put it to him. And this happens when your mods are carefully planned out and executed. The IC is the last on the simple mods list.

Its like buying aluminum heads and painting them black.

Maybe i'm getting old.. the days of caring what others thought of my car or hiding things is past me. This approach of hiding only scores points at car shows when the hood is open among other Buick owners.. At the track or on the prowl.. doesnt matter.

Its a "whatever floats your boat" deal.

I personally dont care if it looks stock or modded. The bottom line is it hauls. The guy lined up next to you in that brand new Z06 Vette, New Mustang, etc.. doesnt care what it looks like.. they just know a Buick put it to him. And this happens when your mods are carefully planned out and executed. The IC is the last on the simple mods list.

Its like buying aluminum heads and painting them black.

Maybe i'm getting old.. the days of caring what others thought of my car or hiding things is past me. This approach of hiding only scores points at car shows when the hood is open among other Buick owners.. At the track or on the prowl.. doesnt matter.

Nah, it ain't about hiding anything. I just do a lot of car shows (more than I race, anyways) and want it to look like it "should have" when it rolled off the assembly line at GM and still be able to kick a$$. The wife has a 2009 Challenger SRT-8 and I just gotta stay faster than that! Mine will look "stock appearing"... well that is until I pull the trigger on one of your ALKY set ups this spring. :cool:

Didnt know if you noticed the nozzle painted black on Pauls picture :D

I dont like advertising for anyone unless I know the company personally. I remember buying an aluminum timing cover for a big block chevy and grinding off the "Summit" logo.. Not a fan of decals either.

See ya in the spring..

I agree with Razor. On my car you can pretty much see everything. Most of it was like that when I bought. I havent had the time and/or motivation to go around moving/hiding stuff.

Yes, I have a Dutt neck. Did it help any? Maybe. I cant tell. The boost on my car has been 24#'s plus since day one. Except for when I have problems.

Most average people (non-Buick guys) aren't gonna know a Dutt neck IC from a stock IC. Heck, hardly anyone had noticed my alchy feed line... And mine isn't even camo'd like the Doc's is! Hell they think the TE-62 on my car is the stock turbo.

If you want a Dutt neck get one. It cant hurt. Hopefully I can get a 10-second timeslip with mine and ported heads and a cam of some sort. Sometime I hope!

Just my opinion on this.

Time to go play with the car in the garage.

Just came back from a nice test drive...picked up a solid 2 lbs. of boost from the swap.
Now I need to make the wastegate rod a little longer until I can pick up a Scanmaster.

Did you buy it from that seller on eBay? Or did you install the neck on yours? What boost gauge do you have?

I ordered the least expensive Dutt neck I could find from a vendor. Too bad they emailed me back telling me it's back-ordered 3 weeks.

chris you should spent your money on the alky kit from julio it would on been a wiser investment. i have 2 of julios kits and they work great !!!! i had the dutt neck intercooler and think it was a waste of $200-$300 . there are some people on here lately that are selling bigger slic for around $300 i have seen a couple of them.

i have known you for years and we have a bunch of friends in common i wouldnt steer you wrong.you need to take a ride in one of my cars and you can see what a stock engine with some bolt ons can really do!

James,I will gladly take you up on going for a ride in one your turbo Buicks :cool:
Gotta grab that stock exhaust housing/elbow from you next week sometime.

Guys..I have stated before,my goal is just to have a low 13 second,93 octane TB..maybe run a 12.98 from time to time,thats it.
Don't want it to be any faster than that.Period.Thats what I want.

I wanted one of the Duttweiler necked IC,and in less than 48 hrs. I bought one locally for $200 from a fellow member and installed it.
I am happy,plus met a another local member.
Talk about trying to bring a guy down with his choices ;):D

chris you should spent your money on the alky kit from julio it would on been a wiser investment. i have 2 of julios kits and they work great !!!! i had the dutt neck intercooler and think it was a waste of $200-$300 . there are some people on here lately that are selling bigger slic for around $300 i have seen a couple of them.

i have known you for years and we have a bunch of friends in common i wouldnt steer you wrong.you need to take a ride in one of my cars and you can see what a stock engine with some bolt ons can really do!

Thanks for thumbs up. He really should be investing in a scanmaster to keep an eye on knock. Everyone thinks they can listen for it... when they get the tool.. they realize how wrong they are.

First mod on a Buick should be a scantool.. like a scanmaster2. Period. Everyone who fails to do this always ends up with a blown motor. Sooner than latter.

And.. I wont sell an alky kit to a car without a scantool. Thats a recipe for quick destruction. No scantool=no alky. After dealing with these cars for 10 years now.. selling 1000's of kits.. talking with GN owners/shops on a daily basis.. you figure out what works and what doesnt. Easy :D

BTW.. I dont make any money from scanmaster sales. :wink:

Ummm..thats why I posted this :wink:
BTW,the "fleabay" vendor is also a supporting member here

Brian? (from Gbodyparts.com),I will call you tomorrow..unless you guys are open right now

Guys,thanks for all the offers..MUCH appreciated!!!

actually that fleabay vendor is a banned member here:wink:

You guys are riot.
Anyone notice I posted that I was going to buy a scanmaster next?
Did anyone notice that I ended up buying the intercooler from a local member in CT?
Did anyone notice I posted that its bought and installed?
Readjusted the wastegate yesterday to 16 lbs. UNTIL I buy a scanmaster...
Did anyone notice that I only want my turbo Buick to run low 13's/high 12's ?
Did anyone notice I posted I have no desire to buy an alky kit?
Have a great day guys :)

Did anyone notice that I only want my turbo Buick to run low 13's/high 12's ?

You should be able to run low 13's high 12's with what you have now if you had slicks/DR's and good launch. My 3700# GN is just a pump gas car at the moment and runs low 13.0-13.3 all day long at about 100-104 mph.

Would it still be a waste of time if you had a turbo with a 2 1/2 inch oulet?
Stepping down from turbo into intercooler would not be good imo.

You guys are riot.
Anyone notice I posted that I was going to buy a scanmaster next?
Readjusted the wastegate yesterday to 16 lbs. UNTIL I buy a scanmaster...
Have a great day guys :)

You assumme 16 lbs is safe. Glad your getting the scantool.

Understand this board is read by a lot of newbies.. people make decisions based on what they read. And sometimes things go in off directions to get clarifications.. which in the end may save someone from getting grief.

I cant stop someone from beating on their car. Its their car to do with as they want. If they want to blow it up.. its on them.

Your car "should run" low 13's high 12's if everything is running like it should. You wont know until you have the scantool :D If it ends up everything was in perfect working order.. good for you. If not.. maybe the contant drilling of "get the scantool" saves you from a rebuild headache.

;)

I'd try to have 12-14#'s or so if I didn't have a scanmaster. Boost on a stock car usually means a spike when first getting on it, at least all my cars did that. Here's my TR on boost without a scanmaster 10 yrs ago, or maybe I wanted to pull the cam out from the back of the engine...

4o6qboh

Would it still be a waste of time if you had a turbo with a 2 1/2 inch oulet?
Stepping down from turbo into intercooler would not be good imo.

I had one of these turbo's.. a TE64 had the 3 in 2.5 out. Although that style housing is a bit rare.

I usually run around 28lbs of boost with 93 oct and 2 bottles of 104 oct booster.. I don't have a knock guage but I do have a Stethoscope attached to my motor that I listen to under boost.:D