Looking to buy a "turn key" Dutweiler necked IC

Price seems a bit high why not Dutt. neck your intercooler or look for one in the for sale section

Ive got a TTA intercooler with the dut neck installed correctly for 400 plus shiping . The dutt neck is painted black to match

I can do 1 for $300 & $20 shipping. I have 4 in stock. re-painted & ready to go. I have about 60 cores so Im good on them. If you want to send a core back I can do it for $250.00.

Umm, support your local vendor when possible (like now) instead of fleabay. Just sayin...

Ummm..thats why I posted this :wink:
BTW,the "fleabay" vendor is also a supporting member here

Brian? (from Gbodyparts.com),I will call you tomorrow..unless you guys are open right now

Guys,thanks for all the offers..MUCH appreciated!!!

That I/C has been on eBay for a long time now and is very overpriced. Of course the seller is known to overpriced all of his stuff. A good Duttneck I/C from what I've seen on here typically goes for $150-$200. I found mine on eBay just a little north of $100 shipped to my door. Keep your eyes peeled.

what does the dutt neck do? Just a bigger opening?

from the descripton:

Your stock neck is 2" and the Duttweiler modified neck is 2- 1/2". On the flow bench, by simply adding this neck the flow rate goes from 208 to 251 cubic inches. You can expect boost gains of 2 to 2- 1/2 lbs

Ummm..thats why I posted this :wink:
BTW,the "fleabay" vendor is also a supporting member here

Brian? (from Gbodyparts.com),I will call you tomorrow..unless you guys are open right now

Guys,thanks for all the offers..MUCH appreciated!!!

We are now ;)

I am thinking by the time I pick up a good,used intercooler,buy the neck and then have some someone that knows what they are doing install it,I might as well just buy this and be done with it:
86-87 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL GN TTA DUTWEILER INTERCOOLER - eBay (item 370191962991 end time Feb-11-11 20:21:31 PST)

No,I don't want a front mount,no I don't want alky...just a little more fun and keep it looking stock. :smile:

You wont pickup any performance at regular pump gas levels doing this mod.
Your stuck at 16 psi boost.. adding the neck your still stuck at 16 psi boost.

Go to a track and run car.. put IC on and go back to track.. you wont pick up any performance. At higher boost levels.. yes. Like 23 PSI.

If you want to do it right.. buy a proper stretch IC with a brand new core and not deal with a part subjected to 25 years of vibration, alignment issues, oil contamination/clog, leaks, etc. Yes intercoolers do go bad..

Good luck..

You wont pickup any performance at regular pump gas levels doing this mod.
Your stuck at 16 psi boost.. adding the neck your still stuck at 16 psi boost.

Go to a track and run car.. put IC on and go back to track.. you wont pick up any performance. At higher boost levels.. yes. Like 23 PSI.

If you want to do it right.. buy a proper stretch IC with a brand new core and not deal with a part subjected to 25 years of vibration, alignment issues, oil contamination/clog, leaks, etc. Yes intercoolers do go bad..

Good luck..

When I removed the cat and stock exhaust,my boost went to 19 lbs. (up from 17 lbs) and I had to install an adjustable wastegate to get it back to 17 lbs.
Before the exhaust swap,my car ran a best of 13.98 and a worst of 14.24
Hoping for some mid,maybe lower 13's between the TT chip,the exhaust and now the intercooler.On pump gas.
Thanks for your thoughts anyway. :smile:

I bought one from a board member for 150$ and paid a radiator shop 5$ to pressure test it. I chemically stripped it and repainted with Eastwoods radiator semi black, put a repro Garrett tag from TR custom on it and it looks great. I'm going for the "stock appearing" look. So all said it cost me right around 200$. As Razor said.... not sure what performance gains I'll get from this until I install ALKY and crank up the boost, but from what I hear the turbo will spool up faster. I guess I'll find out when Island Dragway opens for the year. :biggrin:

Where do you get "stuck at 16 lbs of boost?"
When I removed the cat and stock exhaust,my boost went to 19 lbs. (up from 17 lbs) and I had to install an adjustable wastegate to get it back to 17 lbs.

I didnt see a scanmaster or knock gauge on your list of mods in your sig. If you dont have one.. careful.. its the first thing I put on all my customers cars. I refuse to work on one of these cars unless a scanmaster, power logger, direct scan, etc is on the car. Mashing the pedal blind = guaranteed blown motor.

You can get 24+ PSI out of your turbo. Easy just crank the wastegate rod in and bleed of the boost.. or yank the hose of the compressor..

The 16 psi number comes from looking at a knock gauge. If you run the motor at boost levels above whats supported by the octane you have.. the engine will knock and hammer out the bearings, blow the head gaskets, split the block, crack the crank, etc. Tuning rule #1 on a Buick is tune for zero knock. Some cars its 15 psi on pump gas.. some 17 psi.. some even 20 psi.. every car is different.. fueling and timing play a role in this number.

If you open the exhaust.. do an airfilter.. downpipe.. larger IC.. the boost goes up.. but it doesnt mean that it doesnt knock when the boost goes up.

Thats why octane is the number 1 thing with these turbo motors. Its what limits power. I wouldnt change an IC on a Buick motor until the car was well into the 11's. Slower than that its a waste. Dont ask how I know this.

The Dutt neck to me doesnt look stock. So that arguement doesnt hold water. Neither does a K&N or 3 inch DP.. But hey if putting a Dutt neck IC on your motor makes you happy.. its money well spent. What the hell.. its only money :D

Post up your track results after the change in MPH=power ;)

The Dutt neck to me doesnt look stock. So that arguement doesnt hold water. Neither does a K&N or 3 inch DP.. But hey if putting a Dutt neck IC on your motor makes you happy.. its money well spent. What the hell.. its only money :D

Post up your track results after the change in MPH=power ;)

What make's it look Non stock to you? The Big raised letters that say "Duttweiler" on the neck? :D I ground 'em off! I think the step up hose is the only REAL giveaway to anyone but the well versed GN owner.

heres the dutt i did on my 87
i ground off the lettering , smoothed , filled and painted