looking to buy a new computer laptop

Little6pack

The old 2004 Acer bit the dust. ( I hate typing on this Droid.)

I am thinking this go round a DELL. Anyone like or dislike their DELL?

hello people; I don't know much about this stuff but my neice (the college student) went for an apple (college recomended) almost 4 years ago and it has worked great. As for price they give them a break I believe.
IBBY

I've had great luck with the HP/Compaq's and I have found Staples to offer one of the best prices (usually $398) when on sale for either an Intel or AMD dual core CPU with Win7, 15.6" screen and at least 3GB of memory. they usually have one of those specials at least once a month.

hello people; I don't know much about this stuff but my neice (the college student) went for an apple (college recomended) almost 4 years ago and it has worked great. As for price they give them a break I believe.
IBBY
I just bought a mac book pro 15" for college as well and i have to say it is awesome with 4gb of ram and 500gb of memory this thing is fast! Not to mention the screen resolution is very crisp. the only down side is a hefty price tag around $2300 but they do last longer than the conventional pc. You have to look for what you are using the computer mainly for because if you will use it for work and your programs are windows then it will be a huge pain in the a$$.
but please dont buy a dell or a gateway they are terrible

No apples had them years ago.
My two sons have dells with no issues but I am liking nightrains price at staples ;)
I will have to get home from vacation to avoid sales tax

hp's are solid computers....my pavilion lasted me about 6 yrs.... never had experience with compaq though

Wow surprisd on the Dell slam. I just recntly picked up a new Laptop and its awesome love windows 7 and powerlogger works flawlessly with it as well!!! And my old one was a Dell as well and it worked great just dated

I have never had such good customer service!! I actually dropped a empty cup on the new laptop and broke a few keys out of the keyboard and was out of town. I had purchased the protection plane and they had a guy thier in my hotel THE NEXT MORNING free of charge!!

Im sticking with them

Cant speak on the on the other brand mentioned. FWIW my wife has a Mac power book Pro thats 3-4 years old and hasnt gave her any problems

For the money, Dell is where it's at. I had one for 3 years and it never gave me any problems, it even had Vista. Recently replaced it with an ASUS (pronounced A-SOOS (O like poop)) N61 with Optimus (integrated and dedicated graphics cards). Will handle any game you throw at it plus a 4 plus hour battery life. Great all around laptop.

Here is the deal with laptops!!! Pick what you like and get a 3 YEAR WARRANTY with it!

Laptops have heating issues, its the nature of the beast!! Even Macbook Pros have this problem.

I've had a Dell Insperon for 5 years now with no problems other than it being slow (outdated).

Just this week I bought my wife an HP.. 17" monitor, 4gig memory, 320g 7200rpm harddrive, microsoft office ($100 alone) for just under $700.

There was a chart somewhere online that showed what brand of notebooks were reported with problems. ASUS, Toshiba and Apple(or maybe Lenovo, idc) were the three best brands.

It would be best if we could get an estimate of how much you are willing to spend. That would be good.

If anyone decides on a Mac, you better get some of the clear plastic couch covers old people love. Apple will void your warranty if you get any bio containment on it. I.E barf and/or tobacco residue.

I love my dell i had an older one it was awesome(inspirion) and i love my new one (dell studio) The studio costs more but its worth it it has better speakers and a illuminated keyboard...Downside the old one had 6 usb jacks the newer more expensive one only has 2...

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee - Eee PC 1000HE

I have the 10" ASUS Eee 1000he but I only use it for the Powerlogger in the buick.

I have surfed a little on the net it has built in blue tooth and wifi did very well , boots up fast, battery last like 6-8hrs. They're about $300 New, you can find them a little less or more. They have a 15" model and Newer models as someone mentioned before , but for a note or netbook mine is perfect for what I need it for , it can do so much more even have a built in camera. Thinking about getting my daughter one.

Got two Dell Latitude D610's here. Got them on ebay for around $250 or so with XP professional on them. Both have been flawless and look like new when I got them. Blair Technologies was the seller. On one of them right now.

OK I went to Staples & Best buy.

Man alot of Computers to look at.

I am not a gamer, I like to store photos and do a little ebay on it.

The Dell Seemed to be the nicest, had nice screen.
I tried the HEYZUES models they seemed like dummed down HP's

Really tough chioces

If you want to store pictures, I suggest an external hard drive. Laptops tend to get dropped a lot and damaged.

Netbooks are great for internet and weak programs. You just have to remember one thing. No disk drive.
Some of them come with either XP or Win7 starter.

Pickup an ASUS or a Toshiba and you'll be golden.

My friend bought a Dell laptop last year for school. The screen went dead a couple of months ago. He talked to some guy in India about it. :rolleyes:

I would go with a Vaio. They are really good quality and are powerful. Best Buy has a nice one for 650 I think.