looking for a reliable 9 second car...

slowcar

Banned
with a/c ......T or GN or possible hybrid

call me 954-548-7706 if you have anything ....

Looking for a good deal...may even trade my Limited towards one...

looking to clean up some local cars at the strip .....

Mark

reliable 9 second car is easy....as long as its 9 second for the 1/8th mile you're after

Good Luck

Sorry but RELIABLE and 9 SECOND CAR doesn't go together.

Especially when your racing at the track!!!

I could push mine into the 9's but it wouldn't be too reliable for very long!!!

Good Luck on your search.

sorry but 9 sec cars can be driven on the street. Can **** break ?? yes it can SOOOOOO get good stuff . We have over 15k on Melissa's (8500 miles this past summer) YES the car has AC that works . Car was driven just about everyday unless it was rainin like hell. Made many 5 hour trips to the lake on the weekends to :cool: .. Oh we don't run 16#s of boost because we don't want to hurt it :rolleyes: DRIVE it like ya stole it !! :p Of course it has a 200R4 in it. We need gas mileage ;)

9 second car

sorry but 9 sec cars can be driven on the street. Can **** break ?? yes it can SOOOOOO get good stuff . We have over 15k on Melissa's (8500 miles this past summer) YES the car has AC that works . Car was driven just about everyday unless it was rainin like hell. Made many 5 hour trips to the lake on the weekends to .. Oh we don't run 16#s of boost because we don't want to hurt it DRIVE it like ya stole it !! Of course it has a 200R4 in it. We need gas mileage
Not to be a sceptic here, but I keep hearing you talk about Melissa's 9 second car but have never seen it at the track or at any Buick events? How many 9 second 1/4 mile passes has it actually made??? I hope to see it at an event in 2010???

I'd have to say 9 second cars can easily be streetable. Specially with our cars, they can be detuned while driving on the street. Not all 9 second cars have ProStars, Slicks, Skinnies, roll cages, no AC, Turbo 400's, etc.

Welcome to the new generation of FAST cars!

Slowcar, why not build yourself a car instead of getting someone elses seconds? Are you looking for a Street/Strip car or just a strip car?

I'd have to say 9 second cars can easily be streetable. Specially with our cars, they can be detuned while driving on the street. Not all 9 second cars have ProStars, Slicks, Skinnies, roll cages, no AC, Turbo 400's, etc.

Welcome to the new generation of FAST cars!

Slowcar, why not build yourself a car instead of getting someone elses seconds? Are you looking for a Street/Strip car or just a strip car?

It's way cheaper to buy one then build one. Just bc a car has a th400 doesn't mean it's not streetable. Especially with <3.50 gears. My parents use to have to drive across the country in the 60's and 70's every year. Not too many overdrives available back then:D My car has a th400 and only does about 2200 rpms at 65 with tall tires and it's gear. Also a cage doesn't make the car less of a strret car. I like knowing I'm safe at 140 mph+ when I am at the track.

It's way cheaper to buy one then build one. Just bc a car has a th400 doesn't mean it's not streetable. Especially with <3.50 gears. My parents use to have to drive across the country in the 60's and 70's every year. Not too many overdrives available back then:D My car has a th400 and only does about 2200 rpms at 65 with tall tires and it's gear. Also a cage doesn't make the car less of a strret car. I like knowing I'm safe at 140 mph+ when I am at the track.

I agree 100%. I was just saying the typical 9 second combo isnt really the case anymore. These cars are getting rediculously fast which gives us the opportunity to keep our street freindly options on them. My car still retains every single creature comfort including sound dampening. I havent been to the track yet but I shouldnt have any problems getting a 9 second slip.

I also agree that you'll save a TON of money buying a pre-built car but slowcar has made it clear that he's got the money. I would feel more comfortable, if I wanted a reliable car, to make my own instead of worrying about how many passes has been on the motor, etc. When these cars are running 9's, we all know they need to be checked out (bearings, metal shavings in the oil, cracks in the block, cracks in the heads, etc).

Big Balls

HAHA! Nothing wrong with having big balls!
We will have to see where this one goes!!!
I already have PM's from other people that are glad I asked the question.
I hope he doesn't take it personal but I wouldn't mind a grudge match when I get my new car done.

Not to be a sceptic here, but I keep hearing you talk about Melissa's 9 second car but have never seen it at the track or at any Buick events? How many 9 second 1/4 mile passes has it actually made??? I hope to see it at an event in 2010???

I saw the car come off the trailer a couple of years ago at Atco for the Buick Ford event, but didnt get to see it run, for I was in the event myself.

I saw the car come off the trailer a couple of years ago at Atco for the Buick Ford event, but didnt get to see it run, for I was in the event myself.
"Racers always talk about the good passes but never about the bad ones."
That's why I brought up the question! When was his car at the track last?