Long time since i started a thread BUT..

nordy racer

i'm back into driving something that i can play around with. i know its not a GN or a Chevy but i purchased a 2012 5.0 GT. i couldn't pass up the deal on a new car with 1.8% intrest for 72 months. i did the 6 speed auto so i could just smash and go on the gas and not worry about hitting shift points. picked it up last night with 20 miles on her. i need to break in the motor, then the modding will begin but first i'm going to do some exterior upgrades by lowering and s blacked out grill..

at the dealership yesterday..
297773_10150829780625463_748915462_21175721_1233904489_n.jpg

today after tint job.
297163_10150831911305463_748915462_21187280_880633395_n.jpg

i hope everyone is doing well in the GN family..

Mike

Congrats Nordy, on your new ride but don't be surprised if mean chicken starts picking on you for a race. I think going to an auto was a wise choice. How long till you start modding it.

Order a turbo kit and sit back and enjoy. Those cars are insane even with the base Hellion kit on them.

Congrats Nordy, on your new ride but don't be surprised if mean chicken starts picking on you for a race. I think going to an auto was a wise choice. How long till you start modding it.

Meanchicken doesn't stand a chance once nordy starts modding these bad boy, I've heard that with a few mods like a Whipple blower exhaust and a tune with all stock internals, stock trannie and rear end this things are turning mid to low 10's all day long, so i think it should be the chicken who should worry about mike not the other way around. :), nice buy nordy, congratulations..

BTW i think the modding has already started. :D

Those Coyote 5.0 motors are niiiiiiiice...especially after some bolt-ons, and the aftermarket is all over the Stangs so there is no shortage of selection.

But I'll still race you any time any place!!!
...especially since Don Wang is dodging me...
:biggrin:

Glad to see you back Mike, Ben said he met up with you at a local car show. Let us know if you're going to be back in the area.

Jeff

P.S. Nice car, I have a '67

Meanchicken doesn't stand a chance once nordy starts modding these bad boy, I've heard that with a few mods like a Whipple blower exhaust and a tune with all stock internals, stock trannie and rear end this things are turning mid to low 10's all day long, so i think it should be the chicken who should worry about mike not the other way around. :), nice buy nordy, congratulations..

BTW i think the modding has already started. :D

Y'all think them new pony cars are so fast?

You come on out to here to Phoenix.......I'll be your huckleberry.....:cool:

Nordy,

Beautiful car. That is the exact car I would buy if looking for a new car to hot rod. Please keep us posted on your mods.

Hey Guy,

The race season is upon us. We would like to see you come out and race with us this year. Nick and I both race in the Arizona's Fastest Street Cars, and I also race in the Arizona Grudge Racing Assoc. and the Arizona Drag Racing Assoc. Check the Speedworld website for dates.

RJ

You can count on seeing me out there.

Started a search for the right size slicks just this morning. ;)

I am certain this car will easily be in the 10s but my driving skills will need to improve to make that happen.

How are the guys at S.W. about cars that fast and no roll bar? :eek:

Will I be driving her home after the first pass?

P.S. Nordy, there's a guy that I work with that has one just like yours only it's red. NICE CAR!!!!!!

Those Coyote 5.0 motors are niiiiiiiice...especially after some bolt-ons, and the aftermarket is all over the Stangs so there is no shortage of selection.

But I'll still race you any time any place!!!
...especially since Don Wang is dodging me...
:biggrin:
Well, since you dragged me into this, I'll race that moosestang. :tongue:

6 speed auto. That would be the ZF 6 speed. Ooops. My mistake. That should have been $ZF$ 6 speed.
Don't break it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the new ride, didnt think you guys would be so nice lol..

Car has about 140 miles on right now. At 500 or so a x pipe and cat back will go on, with also 373 gears and a tune (CAI also). That should be upper 11's on street tires. By spring the big power will get added to her.

This automatic 6 speed is a great trans and should and will hold about mid 600rwhp without touching it

Thanks again everyone and hope all is well which of you..

Nice car....those new 5.0s are very appealing to me. I think Ford did it right this time. If I had to buy one of the new muscle cars today it would be that!

Mike ,

Nice ride. I suspect that there are quite a few "closet" Mustang owners hiding here.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear that your doing well. Welcome back.

Mike Barnard

Nice ride. I suspect that there are quite a few "closet" Mustang owners hiding here.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear that your doing well. Welcome back.

Mike Barnard

That's because they are YAG,

We Buick fanatics have always been bass ackwards........;)

That's because they are YAG,

We Buick fanatics have always been bass ackwards........;)

Hey!
I'm a proud Buick owner. In fact, to prove it, here's a picture of my pride and joy.

P1010024.jpg

Mike B.