Local price to install rear glass and windshield

85begalttype

just a v6
i live in chilliwack bc, and BC as only one insurance company so they can control the prices of glass replacement.
Im restoring my car and am ready to install the rear window which i still have, And install a new windshield.
One company Apple auto glass is charging $450 for everything. install rear glass, order new windshield (FY brand,.chinese made) and install.

other company Speedy. $318 to order and install windshield. (they dont know the brand, just say oem quality) $100 to install rear glass with $40-$50 for sealer. So this comes to about the same price.

How is it legal to charge these insane prices, and why should they charge me $100 for rear glass and then also have to charge me for the glue they use.

seems to be cheaper to get it towed to the states and find a shop there.

is this a rip off or is this normal prices?

It's call having OVERHEAD COST!!!!!

they do work for the insurance company so they can charge whatever they want and the insurance will pay. (with $300 deductable) When u need glass replaced without a claim, they can charge whatever they charge the insurance company.

last place i called quoted $200 for the rear install and im including the glass. and $420 for a new windshield and install.

I had a new front installed this summer for just under $200. I didnt claim it since I had new glass put in a few weks earlier when I hasd it painted and used a claim. It was my fault anyway since I cracked it when screwing with the moulding.

Last week I had to file another claim on my daily driver, a 2007 grand prix. Big rock hit me on the thruway. Called Safelite and they came and did it. Bill was $411:eek:

Most of the glass companies I've delt with ask if it's insurance or out of pocket. If you tell them out of pocket it's usually cheaper, but that's here.:)

I had a leak in the back window of my car. I think I paid $40 for R&R during which time the replaced the buytal with Urethane.

I had a leak in the back window of my car. I think I paid $40 for R&R during which time the replaced the buytal with Urethane.
Was that your 86? Rear window leaks on my 86. Doesn't leak on my two 87's. I've heard others here have had leaks on their 86 GN's. I need to get mine fixed if it is only $40!

Yup. I've actually had it fixed twice. Once in about 91/92 where they use butyl again and then again in 2009. The sealer in the back window dries out.

Most of the glass companies I've delt with ask if it's insurance or out of pocket. If you tell them out of pocket it's usually cheaper, but that's here.:)

Good point. Always mention that you're paying out of pocket and that it's not insurance. A lot of guys will give a discount.

Out of curiosity, what do you pay for insurance? Just wondering how it compares to what I pay.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, mine is $64.40/month on preferred. All purpose would be $77/month.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, mine is $64.40/month on preferred. All purpose would be $77/month.

thats pretty cheap. My rusted out daily driver 1973 toyota corona is $143 because its an import. and my gfs 1990 jetta is $180. ICBC are crooks..