G-Body Rear Shoulder Belts Coming Soon.

Coach

Bo ran away with my goat :(
THERE IS ALSO A POST IN THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT SECTION ON THIS SUBJECT.

Hello my Buick comrades,
I am moving forward with my kit for 2 rear shoulder belts for G-Body cars. These will be a 3 point harness on a retractor and not the 4 point system I was developing. The 3 point system was pre-approved by my belt manufacturer. I have been in contact with Spoolfool to begin construction of a new mold for a Custom Rear Package Tray so the retractors will be hidden and will maintain a very neat and factory appearance. The new rear package trays will be covered in the same lightly padded material used on the headliners and NOT the factory carpet/ felt garbage the factory used. Since I am Coach's Custom Parts....I decided this because I detest that useless material they chose to use. I like the look better with the padded material and "Custom" is my middle name.
I talked to Spoolfool this afternoon and we feel that these kits will be available by Bowling Green. I'll have a better idea on pricing once I get a few quotes for the fiberglass mold and the reinforcement plates I'll need to bolt the retractor into the steel shelf in the speaker area. This new rear package tray will be split in two pieces for cheaper shipping and once installed, the Third brake light will almost hide the entire seam. If we leave it one piece as factory....the shipping will be 3 times as much to ship the entire kit.

These will be available in ALL BUICK INTERIOR COLORS. ( My biggest problem is the Factory Buick Gray webbing is not available from my manufacturer. I have a few that are close to choose from or I have black...which looks great on the GN seats)

THESE BELTS WILL HAVE A REGISTERED GM LOGO BUTTON ON THE BUCKLE...JUST LIKE FACTORY.

I'll have regular updates and will offer a Pre-order Sale Price for Bowling Green.

Please post up here if your seriously interested in these. This will be an expensive adventure and Spoolfool will probably make 50-100 rear package trays...so please let me know.

Post any questions here.

Thank you
Coach

Do you sell any harnesses for the two front seats?
I did, but the Liability was not worth the risk. I will redesign the front mounting system someday.
We live is a time when I would be sued by the first person that was hurt...regardless of fault.

Hi Coach I’m interested in the 3 point rear seat belts. Any update? Do you have an idea of ballpark price?