Limits of TH style integral wastegate??

Scott Atk

I recently ran a 9.79 (actually coasted to a 9.79 after breaking a connecting rod) with a regular TH 3" downpipe and integral wastegate. My question is how much faster can one go with this setup? Since I'm planning a new stock block engine do I need to include a more exotic wastegate setup or can I go farther with what I have? Turbo is a regular Limit Eng. 70 p trim with .63 exhaust housing. Thanks.

Well we know how far the crank can go :redface:

Maybe ask this question in the StageII section.. doubt there are too many faster than you on a stock block and using an integral gate.

So.. whats the skinny on the new build ;)

That's probably a good idea.
As far as the new build. Still stock block, just done right this time. Eagle crank, rods, JE pistons, RJC girdle. Probably get the heads ported as they are "box stock" now. Don't know yet if the cam survived, but a bigger one would be nice anyway, it's only a 210 - 210. A 9.50 would be awesome, but they're already hounding me at the track, so probably need a certified cage etc. Which sucks cuz I don't even own a trailer. :biggrin: I enjoy driving this car to the track and on the streets frequently.

Sorry about the blaock but damn you car is moving.
At his point I would seriously consider a 3.5 or 4 inch dp.

Scott.. your killing me.. "out of the box" GN1's :eek:

I doing the same.. going with the Wiseco's.. spiro lock forged pistons and plasma moly rings = 400.00

The money saved. put it on the girdle.

Put it together.. then worry bout the track ;)

Scott Atk said:
I recently ran a 9.79 (actually coasted to a 9.79 after breaking a connecting rod) with a regular TH 3" downpipe and integral wastegate. My question is how much faster can one go with this setup? Since I'm planning a new stock block engine do I need to include a more exotic wastegate setup or can I go farther with what I have? Turbo is a regular Limit Eng. 70 p trim with .63 exhaust housing. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, T.H. went 9.20's with one when he had his car.