Limited 6L LS Conversion

I drove the car quite a bit this last week. I went on an 8 hour round trip to my parents. It performed just fine. When I got home, I opened up my Feb 2011 edition of GM High Tech Performance and found a pic of my car from the LS Fest. :biggrin:

Congrats! Car looks great too!

cool

dud ive been following this build --- congrat on how its running and on getting into gm high tech !!!

Almost Stolen

I drove the car to work on Friday. A couple of friends and I went to a local restaurant for lunch. When we walked out, a couple of thugs were trying to jack my car. They had already broken the steering column, but walked back to their car (which was parked right behind my car) and drove off when I walked up. That was a close one! Let me know if any of you have a spare tilt column for sell. I have to start my car with a screwdriver now! :mad:
Pearlbroke.jpg

Nothing I hate more than a F N theif, Theives should F N kill themselves!
Glad you still have your ride tho!

The primary advantage is cost. I've bought three complete LQ4 engines in the last few months. My average cost was $450. The cast iron block is very strong as well. You're correct about the LQ4 and LQ9...same block, just different pistons. The LQ4 is less compression, which is great for my turbo'd application.

where can i find a lq4 for $450-$500 please let me know and I'll buy it first quarter. i have a 87 Buick regal with a bomb six, I'm highly interested in the v8's.:cool:

tell me too

Hey let me in on the LQ4 for $450 secret as well. I don't even have a car, but for that price I would to get the engine and get started building it.

The primary advantage is cost. I've bought three complete LQ4 engines in the last few months. My average cost was $450. The cast iron block is very strong as well. You're correct about the LQ4 and LQ9...same block, just different pistons. The LQ4 is less compression, which is great for my turbo'd application.

man i need one these motors bad for your prices. can you help with a good motor?:confused:

man that sucks but glad u came out on time.When im in my car i dont stop anywhere like to eat or the movies or anywhere where i cant keep the car in my view when i take it out im in it the whole time basically when u have nice **** u have to go to extrardinary lenghts to keep it so next time take the beater.

Damn nice catch!!! Could have been alot worst... Please put a column lock and some kill switches on that thing. I would hate for some @ssho!e to take it after all your hard work....

I switched from blue to gray interior. so if you need anything let me know you can have it. the column has a shifter on it thou.

can you give info on how you are tunning the car? Also any info on wideband, and so on, I have no idea how it all work, so if you can explain in simple terms.

I thought I would update the thread, since it's been several months since I've posted. There are not a lot of changes to report.
First of all, I replaced the damaged steering column. I've updated the XFI to the new 2.0 version.
Basically, I've just been driving the car. I've lost track of how many miles the new combo has on it now, but I'd guess 8-10k miles.
I strapped it down to the dyno last week for the first time. It made 580 rwhp. Hopefully, I can put it all to the ground the next time I go to the track.
Pearldyno2.jpg

I like your build.. I am hoping to start mine this winter. I plan to do the swap on monte ss... Thanks for sharing your pics...

I've got some bad news to report. A couple of thugs stole the car out of our parking lot at work yesterday. If you are around the Memphis area, please keep your eyes open for the car, or for any LS Turbo Regal parts. I figure that it is completely stripped by now. Here is a pick of the car at Holly Springs dragstrip a couple of weeks ago.

photo-27.jpg

I am very sorry, this happened to me last year.
Good luck with getting her back.
Had the car been to any shops as of late?