Limited 6L LS Conversion

Kevin87TurboT

How many can I own??
I just wanted to show a couple of pics of my 87 Limited. For now, it's got a mild 6.0L with a 70mm Turbonetics on it. I'm hoping to see some bottom 10s or high 9s with it, while keeping it a true street car. It's still got the power steering, cold air and a 4L80E transbrake trans. I hope to have it finished in a few weeks.

001-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Very nicely done. Are you going to hook up the AC?

BTW is that a rubber plumbing coupler at the TB? If so it will not hold up to boost.

Thanks for the input Louie. It will have the AC hooked up. The coupler is a rubber plumbing coupling. It was just sitting around, so I used it for mockup. This engine and trans that's in the car isn't the setup that I'm gonna run. It's just the mockup engine and a bare trans case. Once I roll the car back in the shop, I'm removing everything and installing the real engine and trans and will clean everything up before the final install.

This thing looks like it is going to be really sick.
What turbine wheel are you going to run?
This is a smaller turbo for your cubic inches, so I would
consider turbine housing and wheel larger than you would with e v6.
With all that being said this should be an amazing driving car with little to no lag!!!

Very nice project and it should really move out when all is said and done! I also have been thinking about this conversion. Stupid simple to do with all the conversion parts available now..... Can't wait to see the end product man, please keep us in the loop.

Gotta have more progress pics:wink:

RB

Thanks for the compliments guys. It's primarily a street car, so I'm sticking with the little turbo for now. I just want it to be reliable and streetable. I honestly do not remember which exhaust housing is on this turbo, but I'll find out and let you know. Once I get everything finished up and get a few passes under my belt, I'll step up the turbo.

What are you using for the accessory drives? I don't think any stock LS motor has the alt, PS, and AC in the stock Buick locations, do they?

I'm running the truck accessory drive on this one. The alternator and power steering are in close to stock location, but the AC is on the pass side at the bottom.

What will you be using for electronics/computer and what kind of headers are you using, looks good been thinking of doing the same conversion 6.0

I'm using a FAST XFI system on it. The headers and pipes are all custom. I still have to finish the wiring.

Hey Kevin...

Looks good! Hurry up and finish this car so we can buy it. :biggrin:

Rick & Kristi
Metco Motorsports

Great project!

I wanna see lots of pics.... so keep them coming.....

What are you going to use to tune it?

Bandaid,
I'll be starting on the wiring this weekend. I'll take some pics as soon as the mockup engine comes out.

Rick/Kristi,
Thanks for the compliment. I'll be giving you a call soon. I need some suspension parts. ;-)

Blazer406,
I'm using an XFI system. I'll be taking a bunch more pics during the rest of the build.

Looks good! Yes please take a bunch of pics and get this thing done. Im on the fence right now myself. Do I keep messing with the 6 or drop in a LSx base motor and be done with it....:eek:

This is going to be very nice running car. With AC. Thats what the next one is gonna be like for me.