Lets talk oil

GSXtra had an article where Mobile engineer recommended their V-twin motorcycle oil. High in zinc, as motorcycles don't have cat. converters to ruin.

And of course their website recommends a different oil for our cars.
I'd bet a lot of their oils would work just fine. :p
I wouldn't pick one some marketing guy chose for me necessarily. :)

If you don't have much oil pressure now you will after adding a quart of this stuff.
ZDDP by the pound too. :p
DSC01720.jpg

Has it ever been to the track or does he ever run it hard? What's the story on the transmission(s)?
Rick,
Yes, it's been to the track, and yes, he occasionally runs it hard. It's an everyday driver-30 miles each way to work. I think he told me it's on the
second transmission. -And turbotguy, I can give you Bob's phone number if you'd have to have verification........
Gwhizzer

I've had no troubles running kendall gt-1 high performance synthetic oil with liquid titanium in my 1987 turbo t. Here's a link with the element contents when a test was done on the oil to see how it held up. It does have zinc in it, looks like a good amount according to the report in the link below.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2126098

It seems to protect the engine well and i've yet to have had any issues with having any shavings show up or bubbles in the oil.

Rick,
Yes, it's been to the track, and yes, he occasionally runs it hard. It's an everyday driver-30 miles each way to work. I think he told me it's on the
second transmission. -And turbotguy, I can give you Bob's phone number if you'd have to have verification........
Gwhizzer

Perhaps the humor I was going for got lost in the translation......;)