lets start over...

carkicker

rumspringer
This is important to me , so i am going to try harder to communicate with every one on the site . I believe every one deserves a second chance , if they honestly want one . Looking back , at what i've written , i can see how difficult it was to read . All of the bad habits i've aquired sendind text messages were there . I'm new to this internet site posting thing , and have some trouble navigating through the site . There's alot to take in here , And I see that neatness makes it alot easier to comprehend . Also , I may have misworded a few things . . . I meant to say , we want to be friends with every one here , instead of what I did write. So let me log out , and boot back up , like it's the first time we've never met , and let me try this all over again...How about it ?

I had everything formated differently . When it posted , it changed it all . I learned something about the site today . I predict , that I've still got alot more to learn . carkicker out .

Cool with me! Enjoy the site and use the search a lot . Read people previous post also. You will find answers to a ton of questions that way!

This is important to me , so i am going to try harder to communicate with every one on the site . I believe every one deserves a second chance , if they honestly want one . Looking back , at what i've written , i can see how difficult it was to read . All of the bad habits i've aquired sendind text messages were there . I'm new to this internet site posting thing , and have some trouble navigating through the site . There's alot to take in here , And I see that neatness makes it alot easier to comprehend . Also , I may have misworded a few things . . . I meant to say , we want to be friends with every one here , instead of what I did write. So let me log out , and boot back up , like it's the first time we've never met , and let me try this all over again...How about it ?

Thank you.:smile: I can read your post. What kind of problem are you having with the car?:biggrin:

Welcome to the darkside and may I say a much better intro.....:biggrin::biggrin:

Good luck and ask away.

PS. Good save.......:cool:

Welcome to the friendliest car site on earth. Where good people bend over backwards to help out other good people, just like you.;)

So, how's it running?

Mike Barnard

step right up

doors open come on in and spend a little while friendship,conversation,bad jokes and a lot of car knowledge is what you will find all welcome to a second chance:biggrin:

thanks for the warm second welcome everyone

i dont get to spend alot of time on the site , and sometimes it takes weeks to get back on , but thanks for all the help so far , as it has already helped me solve a problem or two , that had me thinking i was in way over my head , and thought i was gona have to give in . now i know , when it starts getting deep , i just grab the old TB shovel.:biggrin:

well , now that you mention it , whats bothering us is , since we got the car haulin ace again , when we're flying down the highway , the driver fender , and the left rear corner of the hood will shake , like something has loosened up , but all bolts are tight , so is there a common fault with the gn , that they rust and weaken a part of the body behind the door hinge , and where fender mounts , and is there a way , or place , that i can trust to fix this , or reinforce it . we're in the 44035 area of OHIO. other than that , we are enjoying all the hp . i know its only stock , and theres alot of untaped power in there , but its still a blast to have everyone stop and stare at our car at every light , and every place we go , its just awesum . i cant wait to do it with @300 more HP . know what i mean vern.

not too bad for stock , i guess . i really haven't figured out what previous owner may have added to car . one question though...can i use that tt 5.6 chip on a mostly stock 'im guessing' car and expect good things???

Could this "shaking" be from a bad left front shock causing the tire to hop?:confused:

More info on your car would be helpfull too.

Mike B.

Welcome to the friendliest car site on earth. Where good people bend over backwards to help out other good people, just like you.;)

So, how's it running?

Mike Barnard

Yep, Mike sure spoke true words here...welcome and take it away! You've got some real fantastic guys here that are willing to help you and they are experts......(all of them except me) My field of expertise is breaking Grand National stuff real well...:biggrin: so if you want to know how to break or ruin something on your car, I'll be more than willing to share my innermost secrets about it.:wink::biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

the only mod that im positive about is the walbro 255 pump and hot wire kit my boy and i put on car , when we had that stalling problem . by the way , do those hw kits have a wire that goes to alternator ? ours didnt , and i thought i read somewhere about an install that did . idk. it works fine . back to the 'shake'... it doesn't shake until it hits bumps in the road , on a smooth road , it rides like a dream . that post that door hinges on needs reinforced i believe . it does need shocks , as it does the boat ride sometimes . whats a good replacement for a street/strip GN ?

Have you ....

swapped your tires around, as was suggested earlier by rmar? You may have lost a wheel balance weight and the bump amplifies it.

OK, I'll give you a fresh start. For the fender issue, you might look close at the radiator support on the drivers side. There could be rust where it bolts on. I have KYB shocks here and have no problems with them. Not sure what brand hotwire kit you have but the Racetronics one does have a "hot" wire go from the alternator, thus being a hotwired fuel pump. It may help you to get a notebook and start with when you bought the car how it ran and what you have done. Keep a journal of issues you want to fix and then what you have done to try to fix them. This will give you a roadmap of how well you are getting the car to run right and what to research here and on those sites mentioned earlier. If you need more help you can then ask here with a better list of what's not working right and what you have done. After a while it's easy to loose track of what's been done, when and what the results of you "fix" did. I have kept a journal of my car since I bought it. I also make lists of what I've spent (that can make you sick) and what my goals for each year will be. I find it helps.:)