lets hope for the best !!!! TROOPER T hopefully saveable !!! SAD PICS :(

ttaowner

i have been trying to buy this car for the last 8-9 years and today we were finally able to reach a agreement.you may think whats the big deal right? well this is 1 of 17 state of connecticut cop cars that were turbo t's supposedly there was another 17 gn's . now you may ask how do i know this? well since i sell parts i ran into a retired state cop and we got talking and he had a friend in the force look up some numbers and thats what they came up with. this car was bought from the state auction nearly 20 years ago now after they were retired and these people bought 2 the other 1 is under the car cover and optioned just like this one except for colors the other one is black exterior grey interior other than that optioned the same

MANUAL WINDOWS
BUCKET SEATS
POWER TRUNK
G80
DIGITAL DASH
RIGHT HAND REMOTE MIRROR
CHROME DOME INTERIOR LIGHT

I CANT REMEMBER WHAT ELSE

i got a deposit on it and hopefully all goes well suppose to pick it up tomorrow. engine was hurt and hasnt run right since. the guy bought a low mileage engine from a wreck in early 90's which i also got in the deal.

quarters look fine frame rail felt ok only part im really worried about are the floors

Attachments

• cop.jpg
    cop.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 826
  • cop1.jpg
    cop1.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 850
  • cop2.jpg
    cop2.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 845
  • cop3.jpg
    cop3.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 813
  • cop4.jpg
    cop4.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 820
  • cop5.jpg
    cop5.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 827
  • cop6.jpg
    cop6.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 794
  • cop7.jpg
    cop7.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 787
  • cop8.jpg
    cop8.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 797
  • cop9.jpg
    cop9.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 801
Does it still have the police package? Maybe the alarm clip i need ; )

Very nice.

D

as long as the rear of the frame is rotted out- that's a common problem on g bodies that don't sit in the dirt for a couple of decades, so i can't imagine what that car must look like underneath- i'd just get it running, make it safe, and drive it as it is..

Please tell me you are not going to part it out...

Would make a great cruiser and conversation piece at shows.

I'm not being sarcastic here James, but with your record if you actually save it I'd be suprised. And if you do I'd be proud of you.:)

James, to me it looks like a very "restorable" car and other than the badly faded paint, it appears to be complete. But tell me...does the fact that it once was a cop car make it more valuable than any other T-Type?

Good luck with the restoration!

Claude. :)

James, to me it looks like a very "restorable" car and other than the badly faded paint, it appears to be complete. But tell me...does the fact that it once was a cop car make it more valuable than any other T-Type?

Good luck with the restoration!

Claude. :)

i think if sage green paint or if your car happens to be a methnol test car and those 2 things make theirs a little special why wouldnt this being a cop car make it worth a little extra? i believe there was a code for it on the trunk sticker. these supposedly have a diffrent chip which allows the speedo to go past 85mph and i guess the tire size was diffrent.

it does appear fairly solid but laying on the moist ground may not of done it any favors.once its home we will find out and i will keep everybody updated. my inital plan is to try to get it running and figure out whats wrong with the engine. car still has its original exhaust on it

I have owned two of these Connecicut trooper cars back in the day. I used to buy cars from a person who has passed away several years ago and he brought me two of them. One I know was the same color as the one shown in this post. What I remember about them is, they were hardtops, Mine had a bench seat or a split bench, the headlite wires were cut and spliced again, very few options but did have power trunk release, had some sort of statement on the trunk ID label about speedometer being either recalibrated or had a special chip installed. Had a few small holes on the top edge of the heater/radio pod area.

That is all I remember......

The sad part is now cars that have sat or been neglected in the northeast part of the country develop rust problems which can provbe challenging.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis is there a special code on the trunk sticker a rpo code that you know of ? I was told the tires were 1 size larger?

Both trooper cars I had had stock T rims on them. My understanding was car would not shut off at that certian point like it was set at the factory.

The copy was printed on the trunk ID label....I did not treat the car at the time as anything special.....it was a long time ago. Wish I could remember the guys name that brought me the car I actually bought his GNX as well. He used to go to the GS Nats every year. He had a repair shop.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Very COOL!!!

I luvs me sum CHROME!
It looks like the earth is reclaiming it. I hope you are able to close the deal and get it restored.

Kirban again...it was not Mike Riley if I see his name I will recognize it...the guy was a big guy and I believe died of cancer? He was very frail looking at the very last GS Nats he attended...super nice guy was from Connecticut or Mass. The GNX I bought at one point belonged to him as I traced it back and sold it to a guy in Ohio.....

But during the 1990s he brought down to me about ahalf dozen turbo cars inclding two of those trooper cars...both may have been burgundy at least one was. One had the AVC GNX style dash in it which as many old timers know was a very nice upgrade and probably oneof th emost popular upgrades for a dash. Before it was called AVC it was known as QUALITY ENGINEERING.

They used VDO guages and their logo wa screened on the clear lense in the lower rite corner. (A little bit of history for the readers)

Wish I could remember the guys name...bugs me now...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Maybe it has a fleet Assistance code like my T has. The code is: VQ1

It does have a vq1 along with something about the chip and 85 mph res.

Rear frame rails look good . Did a quick peek at passenger side floor and at a glance it looked ok. Didn't peek at the driver side yet. I will post more pics tomorrow.

And I got the original title and it was titled to the state of connecticut