Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's helping me. If you don't like it, move on. Since it has stayed open for 460 posts and generated 20k+ views then it should stay open for me to post my closing statements after a resolution has been made.
And by "resolution", he means money received, as was promised....

At that point, we will BOTH welcome the closure of this ordeal and the resulting closure of this thread.

And by "resolution", he means money received, as was promised....

At that point, we will BOTH welcome the closure of this ordeal and the resulting closure of this thread.
I see both of those happening very shortly! :smile:

It's helping me. If you don't like it, move on. Since it has stayed open for 460 posts and generated 20k+ views then it should stay open for me to post my closing statements after a resolution has been made.

Exactly what I said. 460 posts, 20 billion views, and nothing has come about. Time to close it up.

according to ups tracking, john received and signed for the $2500 in money order's i sent him.

len, nice to finally meet you at the track. i hope sometime this year i will be able to send you my trans and get it built with a brake like we where talking about

brent

according to ups tracking, john received and signed for the $2500 in money order's i sent him.

Yep. Great job Len. I will type an appropriate response when I get a minute. For now, it's way past my bedtime.

Thank you Len for posting that Len, you already had my respect and this shows what the other half of people have been saying about Len!!!

We are on countdown to lockdown now... After Disco Stu posts and if Whiplash wants to post that is it...

Any crappy comments made between now and then WILL BE REMOVED!

Glad to see it worked out....

I'm glad its all settled & the ordeal is over. I do have one question & Not trying to bash Len (dont know him, never did business with him & have Nothing against him) But without a Buick Board like this to bring things out in the open, I wonder if he would of shelled out the $$$? I mean why pay for another shop to fix your work?? The board helped IMO.

I say this as Long ago before the internet Ken Belle HOSED ME Pretty Good on $1500 in parts. I could do nothing at all!! If the board was around I bet I would have got some action!

That is why the thread stayed open... We do our best to be fair to all!

Ok, I got the money orders. I guess I should say thank you? I am grateful to recoup most of the money that I lost on this ordeal. Finally, after three months of it being in a public forum. Glad you chimed in. Better late than never.

But I called it. I said “watch, if he ever mans up, everyone is gonna be patting him on the back for doing such a great job”. Well, I was right. You (Len) finally posted a month ago and the back patting ensued. It did not matter how things unfolded previously that led up to this, all some saw was what a standup guy you were to finally handle this. Like you were doing me a favor. How ironic.

But lets analyze was said since you resurfaced.

LVGN said:
well first I would like to clear a few things up. I am not responding to this out of any demands! I also have nothing to hide, so anyone else thinks they have a time bomb, have someone else open it up and see!

Someone did already.

LVGN said:
I have been doing Buick transmission's for over 15 years. with little of no complaints. and I always take care of my customers! but if you call us and bust my balls, im done with you!

Lisa never said I didn't work at my own shop anymore. she told john I was not working at the shop that week. in fact I was out training for another part time job. this went on for almost 2 weeks. . as far as I am concerned, I don't really think this is anyone else's business.

She straight up told me that. In which I replied “what? This is his shop” This was a few weeks of her taking my messages. Is that busting your balls? I thought it was funny that I could have someone else call, and sure enough, it was business as usual.

LVGN said:
Lisa told john she would give me the message and she did when I returned. john kept calling and thinking I was avoiding him and got nasty. told her she was lying about me not being there and that he was going to trash me on the Internet.well here we are! at this point with the Trans being out of warranty, I was done with him giving her a hard time.

I kept calling because after three weeks I still could not get a hold of you. You told me to call when it was ready and YOU were to arrange a pickup with the freight company that you have an account with. I did, and from then on it was “can I take a message? I’ll tell him you called.” I was more than patient. I never called her a liar, or anything else. I did say that I needed to know if you guys are going to help me or screw me, long after I had enough. And after it was apparent that you were NOT going to answer I had it pulled apart by Kurtz. At this point I did tell her that if you don’t get back at me personally ASAP I was going to let everyone and their dog about it. 20,000 views is close enough for me.

LVGN said:
I told him in the beginning I would cover the Trans no matter how long it was out. that's how I have always done business. he should have just sent it in and it would have been repaired! as far as it being a stock rebuild, that's just crazy! the forward drum is art carr's heat treated drum. I have always used these. and only had 1 go bad in 15 years. the clutch's in the direct drum are altos red HP as the band is an altos wide red. the rest of the clutchs are BG or raybestos.i do my own valvebody and accumlator modifactions as well as other upgrades. this is how I keep the price down and its funny how this has worked so well for so many of you people over the years! I never used billet parts unless a customer request's these parts. I don't know how anyone can build a full billet Trans and sell it for this price. plus I never said at anytime that was how I built it. never! there had to be some pressure loses to burn the Trans up that fast.
I don't really care to get into an Internet pissing match with everyone that likes to jump on the band wagon in the Buick world. but want to thank the people that support me! if you don't like my work then don't call me!

First of all it was within warrantee. They looked like stock replacement RB clutches to two other builders, and the stock amount of them. The band was a wide Alto, and looked new and was reused. It must have been an internal pressure loss, the input shaft did not seal inside the hogged out stator support, maybe that was it. I dunno, I’m not a tranny expert. That’s why I called you.
I did not tell you how to build it, I told you what it needed to hold up to.
Building them like this does keep the price down, and keep your profit margin up. Well, in theory.

LVGN said:
I would never charge anyone for parts that were not installed in a transmission that I rebuilt, 200's are not going to last forever and someone else will be in that Trans sooner or later.

I understand this, Len. But that is not the case here. It NEVER worked right. That had to be why the MPH was so low on the first pass, and the tranny was so burnt.
And FWIW, the trannys I’ve had built since then have had more in them than a stock build, with a band and shift kit.

Alright, now let’s talk about your “reasons” why you decided to avoid me in the first place. Or at least why I’ve been told why. I never talked smack to your woman. I showed more than enough tact and patience when I knew I was being patronized on the phone. I’ve heard I’m not the only one that has been jerked around on the phone. I remained calm and professional up to the point that I made “my little threat”.

Ya know Len, if I was told that you were going to be out of the shop for a few weeks I would have understood. Instead, I got the runaround after you had told me that you were going to fix it. If you would have told me that you needed a few weeks to get the money together for the refund, I would have been patient instead of having to PM Otto asking WTF is going on. You know I’m reasonable enough to understand. I find it hard to believe that you did not get any of my messages. It was your choice to ignore me. It was your choice to force me to have someone else open it up. I’m glad I did. Now I know. My opinion of you was based upon your customer service when I bought that 400 that did not move any fluid. Other than it puking fluid out of the vent it’s been fine. But it’s a 400, and I’m sure you or anybody can build one in a sandbox that will withstand a mid nine sec car.
You went above and beyond and sent me a new one before you got that one back. It seems that your rep is based on your willingness to fix your mistakes.

I really was going to pad this response and be a little more indifferent. But after reading the sh!t on yellow bullet and you BS excuses I’ve changed my mind. Your account is different than mine, and that’s to be expected. But you know I’m not trying to make myself look better to gain favoritism. What I’ve said is the straight up truth as best as I can remember it. You can try to save face by trying to say I was so rude to your girlfriend that you could justify yourself. You could try to save face and say that you build them like that to save me money. But you know how I am on the phone and in person, and you know you built tried to pass off a half ass build.

I’ve been on this board for awhile, I’m no FNG or pot stirrer. I don’t like the fact that I had to drag you through the mud. I’ve never had to before, and don’t like the fact that it makes me look bad if I am right or not. Because there sure are a lot of people who are going to side with their buddies despite the story that has been presented. Hell, you did not even have to be around to defend yourself. There were plenty that were so partial to your side before you even had one. But I’m sure there are plenty that read this that were impartial that could look at it more objectively, if they chose to vocalize it or not. I think it’s funny that I, and the ones who spoke favoring my side, are the bad guys. It even angered some enough to send PM’s about meeting up to kick some ass, or even sic’ing some Bandidos on them. And Len, you threatening BlackPower over on Yellowbullet cracks me up. He called it like he saw it, and it sure seemed to piss a lot of people off. But his recollection of what he read did not change as the pages progressed, just like my story. And bottom line is he said a lot of stuff I wanted to say but couldn’t and still be accountable.

So, now it’s over, and I’m only out $400 bucks instead of $2900 I had to pay someone else. I guess I’ll just chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.