Law Question...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
I keep hearing the political talking heads speculating about OBama pardoning "the Hildabeast" and her minions before leaving office. Can someone be pardoned if they've not actually been convicted (or even indicted) of a crime? Seems like a non-issue...

I see it the same way. It appears to me that for someone to get pardoned they need to be convicted first.

D

Just a bunch of Know-Nothing Talking Heads attempting to appear important & justify their existence.

It's like Gary Danielson calling college football with Verne Lundquist (the best): "I don't know Verne, I'm not sure he was in the end zone. His body was in but did he actually have control of the ball? Let's take a look at that from another angle. Still can't see his hands clearly." What a bag of wind.

President Ford pardoned Richard M. Nixon prior to being indicted of any crimes.

At this time the talk of pardons is likely just an idea being floated to get public response.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I keep hearing the political talking heads speculating about OBama pardoning "the Hildabeast" and her minions before leaving office. Can someone be pardoned if they've not actually been convicted (or even indicted) of a crime? Seems like a non-issue...

Why would she get a pardon ??? She didn't do anything wrong !! Ask the FBI. Ask Loretta Lynch .

Why would she get a pardon ??? She didn't do anything wrong !! Ask the FBI. Ask Loretta Lynch .

My thoughts exactly. Seems, however, pardons can be issued for "possible" wrong-doings as long as these "transgressions" occurred before said pardon date. What a load of crap. I 'd need a pardon every time a fine looking babe got within eyeball range...

If I understand correctly, it's a bit of a Catch 22.

If she receives a pardon & accepts it, that implies acknowledgment of wrong doing.

Even though she may be pardoned, the members of her staff that are under scrutiny will not & will then be implicated.

I do think he will pardon her because his involvement with her emails !! We know he got them !!! Plus I am sure there is more. I think he will try to protect his "legacy" :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Many don't realize what Comey really did. His initial response of her being careless as well as lying with Gowdy drilling him with questions caused a great number of people to re-examine their position with Hillary. In my opinion this was the reason for the six million difference in votes. Then Comey coming out a second time stating no reason for indictment implies no pardon being available on Obama's part, while at the same time they continue with the foundation's investigation. Once Obama is out, it would be extremely easy to put her and Bill in jail. She is walking on very thin ice and she knows it. To quote Trump when asked by Oprah if he would ever consider running for President; "I'll tell you this much, I never enter anything to lose"............

My thoughts exactly. Seems, however, pardons can be issued for "possible" wrong-doings as long as these "transgressions" occurred before said pardon date. What a load of crap. I 'd need a pardon every time a fine looking babe got within eyeball range...

"What's your name sir................. pardon me?! Did you just sexually harass me???? " - Zarna Joshi - Social Justice Warrior :D:D:D

Last edited:
pardon.jpg

Trey Gowdy is on the short list for AG. He'll hang her ass from the yardarm! But not till Obama leaves office and has no power.

Sadly..... I think they will let her off the hook. Even with all that came out pre-election she still managed to get half of the popular vote.:confused:

Look at the reaction by her side just because she didn't win......can't imagine what their reaction would be to prosecution. I think they'll let her slide for fear of backlash.

hope I'm wrong.

President Ford pardoned Richard M. Nixon prior to being indicted of any crimes.
AIRC, Nixon would have been impeached.
Hitlary would be in civil court.
.Different standards.
I think Comey's last statement was carefully worded, so as to leave the door open. Gowdy explained it...Don't have a link.

hope I'm wrong.

Obama will call for a pardon, but the same question will come into play like the last time, the question of can a pardon be called for when someone has not been indicted yet, rather just being investigated. Trump has many regulations to drop when he gets in on January 20th, there are many changes coming in the law, the media, both militarily and economically. Warren Buffet himself did a 180* and is "suddenly" 100% optimistic about a Trump presidency, who knows what dirt he has on his own hands and is fearful. Trump has the right people backing him, Adelson, who I actually like, is considered minor in terms of who really has Trump's back politically. Michael Savage broke it down awhile ago...

The Clinton's know what is coming for them, and despite the smiles, they are terrified.

I think he can pardon for any thing that is under investagation! IF they find more crimes later it wouldn't apply!