Las Vegas [West coast nationals]

cruzn57 said:
your gonna stuff your self thursday, what else you gonna do afterwards???
I welcome the idea to get away for the weekend, leave the left over turkey to the dogs, and come and eat hot dogs at the track!
I hope I see many of you there, moving slowly after all that turkey, ha ha ha

cruzn57

WFO!!!

Boost231 said:
is it just me or does this seem to be a bad time to have the event. not only is it thanksgiving but im guessing alot of people will be spending time at home with the family and what not. ......... please let me know. im going to try my hardest to get up there but we will see with these *******s i work with now its going to be hard.

After considering all the factors to hold this event, we decided this would be the best weekend.

Since Friday will just be time and fun runs, missing that night would still give a racer 2 full days of racing. :)

The track has been VERY co-operative is working with us for the event. We can leave cars/trailers there Friday-Sunday, and even motorhomes are welcome. We will also work with them to have good track prep for this event.

This should far exceed racer's expectations for a great weekend, and hopefully it will also prove to be successful as a "social" gathering! :biggrin:

nordy racer said:
who was the one that picked Thanksgiving weekend? for people like me with no family or friends it's OK, but i think other people will have plans.. i think the DATE needs to be re-visited one more time.... i don't want to drive 5 hours to show up and only see 5 buicks racing :mad: ..

On a club day at Speedworld, we can have as many a 20 local Buicks. :eek:

I already know of over 20 that have plans to attend, so you will have MORE than 5 Buicks to "play" with! :biggrin:

how are they with NHRA rules.. i have a 6 point cage with a removerable rear cross bar.. Back home in MD they didn't care, but i heard out here on the west side they DO.. what if i happen to run a lttile quicker then 10.00, are they going to kick me out for not having a 8 point and not being certified?????

LV GN said:
sorry guy's. i knew this date change would upset some of the racer's. but this is the date we are sticking to. hope you can make it.
Damn, thats the weekend of the 5 day big $$$$$ event here in Vegas!!! Another Buick gathering I'm going to miss out on... and it won't be the car's fault this time either!!!!! :mad:

nick

hey nick how is the track prep going to be. not that my slow hot air is going to need it but you never know.

nordy racer said:
how are they with NHRA rules.. i have a 6 point cage with a removerable rear cross bar.. Back home in MD they didn't care, but i heard out here on the west side they DO.. what if i happen to run a lttile quicker then 10.00, are they going to kick me out for not having a 8 point and not being certified?????

I'm courious about this as well. In LV they looked the other way do to the event. Will this track do the same?

Does anyone have any Hotel info or are there any group deals on hotels?

--Rich

Boost231 said:
hey nick how is the track prep going to be. not that my slow hot air is going to need it but you never know.

I am sure your hot air will not have a problem! :)

nirto71455 said:
I'm courious about this as well. In LV they looked the other way do to the event. Will this track do the same?

Does anyone have any Hotel info or are there any group deals on hotels? --Rich

My experiences in LV is that they do adhere to NHRA tech. There may be some slack at 11. 50 and little faster, but 10's, and especially 9 sec. passes, could generate some heat. :)

At the Speedworld track which is run similar, if you do run faster than your safety tech allows, they will first give you a warning. :eek:

Local hotels are listed on www.Speedworldmotorplex.com

Just a note, a bolt in back bar is not NHRA legal.

nordy racer said:

were you serously considering coming to the event from MD?

Race Jace said:
were you serously considering coming to the event from MD?

i currently live in Long Beach (been 7 months now) i love the weather here but MISS the buick events.. summer time back home in MD was NUTZ, we had events in Englishtown NJ, Atco NJ, MIR in MD, Cecil County MD and also in GA (forgot OH, KY, IN events).. i can't believe that they can have so many events with a short window of nice weather and the west coast guys have almost a year round racing window and we only have 1 event :( . i'll be there Nov 24-26 (hopefully no more date changes) i hope there is going to be a GREAT TR turnout :biggrin: ...

nordy racer said:
i currently live in Long Beach (been 7 months now) i love the weather here but MISS the buick events.. summer time back home in MD was NUTZ, we had events in Englishtown NJ, Atco NJ, MIR in MD, Cecil County MD and also in GA (forgot OH, KY, IN events).. i can't believe that they can have so many events with a short window of nice weather and the west coast guys have almost a year round racing window and we only have 1 event :( . i'll be there Nov 24-26 (hopefully no more date changes) i hope there is going to be a GREAT TR turnout :biggrin: ...

Three of us from Phoenix will be at Barona this saturday (August 26). Come on down!

Rooms??

A couple of us made some calls today to see what might be available for hotels rooms for the WCN. Being Thanksgiving weekend, rooms are going fast but I did talk with the following hotels tonight and rooms are still available. If interested, I suggest you contact one or the other right away. The two hotels are under the same ownership and very close to one another. The room rate is $99.00 per night:

Days Inn & Suites
12477 West Bell Road
Surprise, Arizona 85374
623-933-4000

Quality Inn & Suites
16741 North Greasewood Street
Surprise, Arizona 85374
623-583-3500

HighPSI said:
$99.00 per night! I'll just stay at Jack's house ;)

Teach me all your tuning secrets and you can stay at my place. 2 minutes from Jacks and it doesn't smell like old people. :eek: