La TTA update

Changed the plugs( one was fouled, the other five were a little rusty) and the air filter(old one was filthy and falling apart). Now waiting for a Torbotweak 92 octane chip to arrive. Driving this car puts a smile on my face; my DD is an '04 Lincoln LS V8 and I haven't driven it in a week. I've owned 3 other 3rd gen f-bodies that were all pretty fast, but this is the most fun by far. I' ll post again when I get my number from PHS.

SouthBaySurfer said:
Not yet, Jason. I know very little about this. Should I get the one that Turbotweak sells?
Yes, that is the one I would get. Many vendors sell it. Gives lots of info and easy to install.

Jason

scanner

Hi,
That's a directscan, right? You have some options, and I would suggest checking them out. If you want capability beyond Turbo Buicks and Pontiac Firebirds, I would suggest something simple, like an MT2500 by Snapon.
At 200 Baud, there's not a lot of data to be had quickly, but I understand the directscan accesses faster, though you would have to hardwire it to do so,it seems.
Good luck with whatever descision you make!

scanner

A Scanmaster 2.1. It looks like $250 is the price everywhere. I don't need it for any other vehicles and I'd rather not hard-wire if I don't have to. I'm not going to get it right away; I'll do a little research and keep an eye on this board for suggestions.

scanners

Hi,
Check the pawn shops in your area;sometimes, you can get a great deal, of course it is someone elses misfortune. But so it goes...

SouthBaySurfer said:
A Scanmaster 2.1. It looks like $250 is the price everywhere. I don't need it for any other vehicles and I'd rather not hard-wire if I don't have to. I'm not going to get it right away; I'll do a little research and keep an eye on this board for suggestions.
Do you have a laptop? If so, there are some new options.

Jason

scan tool

I don't have a laptop, Jason. I'm still open to suggestions. Just ordered accel plug wires; old ones are cracked and brittle- one has a deep gash in it. That can't be helping any.
Jim